Discovery Gaming Community
Another IPv6 and server problem... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Another IPv6 and server problem... (/showthread.php?tid=177666)

Another IPv6 and server problem... - martinbeaulne - 03-24-2020

Hi all !

I really don't get it.

Creating server sometimes works like charm, sometimes never works... on the same machines, on the same network, months between tries...
A month ago, I created a server on machine 1, connected to it, no problem.
Had to NoIPv6 machine 2 (local network) to join... but everything went fine.

This week, same thing, not same results.

Now I'm at the point where I have my server set up, and others on the home network see it with IPv6....
When I use the NoIPv6 on the clients, they just don't see the server anymore...
When I unpatch, they see it listed again in IPv6 (and can't join).
The local computer (the one hosting the server) can NoIPv6 itself and see it listed, and can join...

I just don't get it. Seems messy.

Can someone explain to me what should be the normal path ?
1. Create a server (get it to work, firewall, etc...)
2. NoIPv6 the clients
3. Join the f***** game using -s192.168.0.wtf:2302 parameter.

Why doesn't it work ? Why the same steps on the same computers just don't work some weeks later, with same game version... same installation... ??

RE: Another IPv6 and server problem... - Uknown - 03-24-2020

1.- Discovery Server even Freelancer are not IPv6 "Ready" … in their times they never think about the future of the IP … that is why everything is via IPv4 that isn't that bad you know …
2.- Even if sometimes work, probably can be due a error in your computer, or even the client itself, did you check for the next common issues:
- Antivirus Software
- Control Panel, check first if both computers can locate each other
- Check the Firewall ports are being fowarded and open not only to send traffic but to allow it, use a port is not currently needed, a very strange one, like 65000 or so xD always work
- Check router, remember that if you have isolate network/devices and probably a weird nat or a UPnP not working as it should can cause you trouble …
- Some routers can have more than 2 signals, this can cause issue if you have computer 1 in the main and computer 2 in secondary …
- Check yor ports in your router and computer 2 … they need be accessed too
- Keep using IPv4 instead of IPv6 it can really cause troubles …
- And we can try to help if you show pictures how you configured the server, or how can it be reach … you need a LAN Server not a "Internet" server, and the 2302 port is usually used in other things sometimes that is why told to set another one …
- Give us more details and i will try replicate your issue okay?

RE: Another IPv6 and server problem... - darkwind - 03-24-2020

I already solved the problem:
here the instruction how to disable ipv6, to have only ipv4

Code:
From the Start menu, select Control Panel. Make sure you are in the Large or Small icons view (Windows 7), or Classic View (Vista).
Open Network and Sharing Center.
On the left, select Change adapter settings (Windows 7) or Manage network connections (Vista).
Right-click the connection for which you want to disable IPv6, and select Properties.
Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click OK.

[Image: 1*IUIAy0t2KA7LbT582lIVzg.png]

just disable it in this way for every existing connection your have in "Change adapter settings"

in IpV4 server works fine. through some address like 192.168.0.34

RE: Another IPv6 and server problem... - martinbeaulne - 03-26-2020

I may not have explained this correctly. I'll make it simpler :
Server on Computer A.
Client on Computer A can join when IPV6 is disabled.

Client on computer B has IPV6 enabled, it sees the server listed, but can't join (since FL doesn't work with IPV6)
Client on computer B has IPV6 disabled, it doesn't see the server listed.

Why the hell does the server disappears when I disable IPV6 on the computer B ?

RE: Another IPv6 and server problem... - darkwind - 03-26-2020

How about to check first, how well computer B can ping/traceroute computer A by iPv4?
like opening command console and writing
"ipconfig" at Computer A, to get its ipv4 address
"ping IpAdresss" at computer B trying to reach computer A
"tracert IpAdress"

RE: Another IPv6 and server problem... - martinbeaulne - 03-29-2020

(03-26-2020, 07:16 PM)darkwind Wrote: How about to check first, how well computer B can ping/traceroute computer A by iPv4?
like opening command console and writing
"ipconfig" at Computer A, to get its ipv4 address
"ping IpAdresss" at computer B trying to reach computer A
"tracert IpAdress"

I can ping it.

Bonus question : Why don't we have this struggle with the official Discovery server ? (is it possible to disable the IPv6 in the server itself to prevent all the clients from having to disableit?)

RE: Another IPv6 and server problem... - darkwind - 03-29-2020

If you can ping it, then perhaps some ports aren't available
anyway, you know that official server is seen through arguments of a launched freelancer
-s163.172.117.137:2302
find the required port and IP, and just launch your client Freelancer with argument to see your Freelancer Server.

Quote:Bonus question : Why don't we have this struggle with the official Discovery server ? (is it possible to disable the IPv6 in the server itself to prevent all the clients from having to disableit?)
I thought it's enough to disable ipv6 on a machine with a server, to disable ipv6 for the server as well

(03-29-2020, 01:30 PM)darkwind Wrote: If you can ping it, then perhaps some ports aren't available
anyway, you know that official server is seen through arguments of a launched freelancer
-s163.172.117.137:2302
find the required port and IP, and just launch your client Freelancer with argument to see your Freelancer Server.

Quote:Bonus question : Why don't we have this struggle with the official Discovery server ? (is it possible to disable the IPv6 in the server itself to prevent all the clients from having to disableit?)
I thought it's enough to disable ipv6 on a machine with a server, to disable ipv6 for the server as well

I, of course, am doing it since the beginning.
I use the local ip address in the 196.168.0.xxx range.

I just tried to completely disable the ipv6 protocol in the server's network adapter, and now the other computer can't list the server whether or not its ipv6 is enabled.

Like if something between the two computer refused the ipv4 connection.
The router ? The client computer ? A unicorn ?

RE: Another IPv6 and server problem... - darkwind - 03-29-2020

You know certain ports which should be available for a server working
activate "telnet" for your command console at client PC
and try to reach this time server IP address with a certain port in your mind.

in general, a connection between two pcs are refused by next reasons
1) not available port
2) antivirus and Windows Firewall
3) Some noise in your network from corrupted cable ends attached to wrong PCs, blocks UDP and other traffic (bad cable or bad inet card)
4) some windows 10 *****, not trusting other computers until you change settings.

You can try to reconfigure your network to make it as simple as possible. Like directly connecting two PCs with one cable, and configuring a simple network. Good enough for testing.

Ok, I just tried with a laptop. Installed everything. Launch server. Launch game. Server listed (ipv6). Stop IPv6. Server not listed.
All on the same computer.

WTF?

I don't know what to do.

I think I'll just uninstall everything and forget about Freelancer. I spent too much time on this.