Discovery Gaming Community
Condemnation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Condemnation (/showthread.php?tid=177696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Condemnation - Xeno Alliance - 03-25-2020

Hello community.

At the outset of what is to be said, we have to first thank you for being the whole reason that the XA- has achieved officialdom. Despite being mired by personal differences and ill handling of an otherwise simple occurrence of disagreement, you decided to vehemently oppose senseless collateral damage and demanded that we receive what we were due. Not to be denied merely on the basis that faction leadership may be of an opinionated nature in their personal lives.

Having said and acknowledged the above, we as a faction would be remiss if we did not acknowledge @Skorak in his current position, that being quite similar to ours prior to the reconsideration that the staff were ultimately forced to entertain. The intention is not to bore you with a paragraph long essay about how bad every single member of the server's staff may or may not be. Instead consider the following a tldr: We condemn the whole circumstance surrounding Skorak's ban and deem it unfair. We do so collectively, as a faction.

If you are interested in reading further then our argument in objection to this continues hereafter. We believe quite firmly that the team has knowingly "jumped the gun" and taken a far more stringent action than necessary. It is is especially deplorable considering the team itself does not hold up to such stringent standards if such level of accountability were to be leveled against them.

All too frequently have we witnessed the leadership of this server objectively fail at communicating, resonating and otherwise respecting its community. It is worth noting that the team does not just suffer from such lax operational standards with the community exclusively, it has also showcased an inability to communicate among itself. It has been observed in the past that reports may be submitted, voted and acted upon without the knowledge of several other members of the moderation team. That separation of powers simply does not exist, considering the Development team both has and will exercise its ability to vote on GM-specific issues to ensure subjectively correct courses of action.

It therefore cannot be stated enough that the above facts signify absolute hypocrisy. The development team and especially its leadership have gone through great effort of a time consuming nature and at great expense to everyone's peace of mind to ensure control over the server and its development. Citing that they would bring an end to the previous spree of infighting and indifference that was characteristic and even expected as the norm of Discovery management. It is almost painful to state that the situation is worse than it was previous to supposed reforms in the management of the server.

Where there was once a separation of powers between the administration and developers, there is now none. The developers have assumed both roles and at times fulfill neither. The game masters exist for namesake alone and the processing of otherwise mundane matters pertaining to rules or sanctions. The developers rather than allowing the game masters to function autonomously retain the right to freely intervene or otherwise sway a vote in the direction they so choose. This is not a fact that can be hidden. It is a fact that will be contested, for people believe that a vote by itself absolves them of the accusation of tyranny. A motivated vote is as much despotic as a denial of one, perhaps worse, for it is a perversion of freedom rather than a rejection of it.

We believe the team has acted purely on the basis of paranoia, and though our faction's leadership knows exactly why @Skorak was upset enough to make a baseless threat in the heat of the moment, we are not at liberty to share due to the existence of a working agreement over the discovery story group and all the matters arising from it. It is simply a case of the staff asking members to come to consensus, consensus being reached and then the staff proving unwilling to work with such consensus due to its own desires.

Issued in solidarity, we respectfully refuse to believe that this vote was carried out as prescribed, and believe instead that a motivated rhetoric was employed out of paranoia for anyone associated to @Alley and the previous administration of the server. Though the team has agreed to answer a question posed by @Reeves regarding the results of the vote, it is likely going to neglect to mention which compartment of the team accounted for most of the votes. A person who needs to hold a vote and consult with a team before providing you with a direct answer is almost certainly a liar.

As a closing statement we as a faction can only hope for a reversal of this unwarranted action, born out of paranoia, abuse of power and the vesting of too much power upon a single authority which has time and time again revealed itself to be entirely and admittedly incapable of properly serving and regulating the community. Attached to this post is a poll, we believe that the community must express its thoughts on the matter regardless of what they are, just as we have.

Thank you.

RE: Condemnation - Champ - 03-25-2020

I think it's called a vote of no confidence. Of some particular forces.

<Insert the many pastebins>

RE: Condemnation - Altejago - 03-25-2020

Yay!

More drama.

RE: Condemnation - Saronsen - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 08:56 AM)Champ Wrote: I think it's called a vote of no confidence. Of some particular forces.

<Insert the many pastebins>

I remember making that thread.

Vex quickly hid it away, then forumbanned me for spamming when I posted it a second time.

God bless.

RE: Condemnation - SnakThree - 03-25-2020

Official Faction Strike, please guys. Staff should serve the community, not the other way around.

RE: Condemnation - Kalhmera - 03-25-2020

Wasnt expecting to see Durandal/Kalh drama when he came at me for making a report against his Girl or something. I think with all thats going on it fits. as our community dwindles those in power seek to take as much as they can. Unfortunate.

RE: Condemnation - SquigglyKey - 03-25-2020

As a relatively new member of the server, I can’t really comment much on past transgressions by anyone, what I can comment on is what I’ve seen since I’ve been here.

I believe Skoraks ban is entirely unjust, permenantly removing such a prominent member of the community who is not only approachable but also incredibly helpful and welcoming to new players is basically shooting yourself in the foot. It isn’t just this, however, from working on plans to bring Battlegroup Harmony back into relevance, bringing Bristol Constructions into Officialdom and likely involvement in a myriad of other factions, Skorak is actively contributing to the health of the server and it’s RP environment in a positive way.

People get angry, people say stupid things that they won’t ever act on, it’s just human nature, it feels as though someone has just been looking for an excuse to remove him based on something that has happened in the past.

If the aforementioned is the case then clearly the administration team does need to have more accountability, this shouldn’t have been much more than a warning.

I hope you’ll reconsider your decision.

RE: Condemnation - Shiki - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 09:27 AM)SnakThree Wrote: Official Faction Strike, please guys. Staff should serve the community, not the other way around.

Let's start with ageira

RE: Condemnation - Backo - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 09:53 AM)Shiki Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 09:27 AM)SnakThree Wrote: Official Faction Strike, please guys. Staff should serve the community, not the other way around.

Let's start with ageira

Let's start with Legion Maltesa... Oh wait... @Wesker !!!! )^:

RE: Condemnation - Shiki - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 09:55 AM)Backo Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 09:53 AM)Shiki Wrote:

Let's start with ageira

Let's start with Legion Maltesa... Oh wait... @Wesker !!!! )^:

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing you should know…