Discovery Gaming Community
Standardize Quickdock points - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Standardize Quickdock points (/showthread.php?tid=177739)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Enkidu - 03-27-2020

Speaking as system dev here, putting lights at the quickdock points would be the fastest and easiest method to impliment.

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Karlotta - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:38 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:34 PM)Karlotta Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:32 PM)SnakThree Wrote: LR Asteroid Base in California has obvious quickdock points but are rather unpleasant on the eye. Maybe a set of guidance lights, like Shinagawa Station in New Tokyo could be added to the quickdock point?

Not sure how difficult it is to edit vanilla models, but wouldnt it be easy to stick a standard air lock mooring point on the asteroid?

They are there, it's just that newbies don't know about quickdocking and locations for it.

I guess all bases should receive 1 obvious quickdock that has lights like Shinagawa, so it stays standardized and recognizable. Nomad bases should probably get a standard nomad-y effect. I remember docking on those green hive bases used to be damn near impossible, not sure how it is now.

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Enkidu - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:42 PM)Karlotta Wrote: I guess all bases should receive 1 obvious quickdock that has lights like Shinagawa, so it stays standardized and recognizable. Nomad bases should probably get a standard nomad-y effect. I remember docking on those green hive bases used to be damn near impossible, not sure how it is now.

Doable, but it' be better to use an unused lighting fx than make a new one (more time to execution).

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Groshyr - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:42 PM)Karlotta Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:38 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:34 PM)Karlotta Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:32 PM)SnakThree Wrote: LR Asteroid Base in California has obvious quickdock points but are rather unpleasant on the eye. Maybe a set of guidance lights, like Shinagawa Station in New Tokyo could be added to the quickdock point?

Not sure how difficult it is to edit vanilla models, but wouldnt it be easy to stick a standard air lock mooring point on the asteroid?

They are there, it's just that newbies don't know about quickdocking and locations for it.

I guess all bases should receive 1 obvious quickdock that has lights like Shinagawa, so it stays standardized and recognizable. Nomad bases should probably get a standard nomad-y effect. I remember docking on those green hive bases used to be damn near impossible, not sure how it is now.

Docking with Lichenaiifashifashiashidahsih Complex in Delta at Ish'tar is impossible until you get to know that Ish'tar's dock point in the very center so you have to direct your ship correctly

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Karlotta - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:49 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Docking with Lichenaiifashifashiashidahsih Complex in Delta at Ish'tar is impossible until you get to know that Ish'tar's dock point in the very center so you have to direct your ship correctly

Thats why making docking lights (for nomads nomad looking docking lights) at the right location on ships too may make sense.

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Wesker - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:26 PM)Karlotta Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:00 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Many newbies are not aware of the mining guide's existence. Do you really think they will go and check other guides as fast dock one?

Wesker's brain made him type that because it wants to receive more endorphins from blue messages obtained from noobs who couldnt dock fast enough.

Unfortunately it lacks the capacity to understand that with the commonality of the docking problem amidst noobs who cant dock properly also when wesker isnt seal clubbing them in front of a base, making docking easier has the potential to raise the server population because less people will go "pfff crappy mod cant even dock" and leave, and Wesker's brain could receive even more endorphins than now, when he can murder more noobs away from bases because there would be more noobs to murder.

I think it is important we feel empathy for poor Wesker despite his condition.

I make one recommendation, not out of spite against newer players but something to simplify the issues - and am immediately ripped into like im spiting everyone.

Hot damn.

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - SnakThree - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 03:08 PM)Wesker Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:26 PM)Karlotta Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:00 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Many newbies are not aware of the mining guide's existence. Do you really think they will go and check other guides as fast dock one?

Wesker's brain made him type that because it wants to receive more endorphins from blue messages obtained from noobs who couldnt dock fast enough.

Unfortunately it lacks the capacity to understand that with the commonality of the docking problem amidst noobs who cant dock properly also when wesker isnt seal clubbing them in front of a base, making docking easier has the potential to raise the server population because less people will go "pfff crappy mod cant even dock" and leave, and Wesker's brain could receive even more endorphins than now, when he can murder more noobs away from bases because there would be more noobs to murder.

I think it is important we feel empathy for poor Wesker despite his condition.

I make one recommendation, not out of spite against newer players but something to simplify the issues - and am immediately ripped into like im spiting everyone.

Hot damn.
Stop posting. It is obvious you want to distract people to get easy blues while they AFK to read it.

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Avalanche - 04-16-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:04 AM)jammi Wrote: Pretty much agree for the most part, with one exception:

I'd like to see quickdock points deleted entirely, and replaced with aesthetically appropriate mooring points on the actual station model. No more transports ramming the control tower, more mooring wings like those seen on Fort Bush style stations.

I like this idea the most. But I also very much like the light idea too.

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - The Sovereign - 04-16-2020

Quick docking is a very oorp action for an inrp universe. I personally have never quickdocked, not even to a lane, and my immersion is much better because of it.

RE: Standardize Quickdock points - Groshyr - 04-16-2020

So you spent decades while waltzing around pob or base with weird dock point?