Discovery Gaming Community
To Rheinland Military - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Rheinland Military (/showthread.php?tid=177774)

To Rheinland Military - Jonathan Seabourne - 03-28-2020

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: Titanic-Second-Officer-Charles-Lightoller.jpg]

ID: Jonathan Seabourne

To: Rheinland Military

Subject: RNC-Havel Excessive Use of Force

Greetings friends,

One of my captains, Kasumi Hikamaru, had an unfortuante encounter with one of your gunboats in the New Berlin system. She was transporting furs in a Ryuujin class vessel, the Yuki-Maru, as part of our logistics fleet when she was stopped by the gunboat RNC-Havel. The gunboat conducted a cargo scan with no incident, but seemed to think that an Orbital Spa and Cruise captain piloting a Kusari train was a violation of Rheinland law. The train was purchased legitimately from Kusari corporations, not their military, which are not listed as a hostile power to Rheinland, so I have no idea to what they were indicating.

My captain tells me the Rheinland vessel demanded a 2 million credit fine before opening fire. The transport, only a few hundred meters from New Berlin, made for the mooring post. Fortunately, she managed to land before the vessel was too badly damaged. I'm including a link to the captain's original report including the original communication logs here.

Obviously, OS&C strives to be in full compliance with all partner house laws, but our legal department is at a loss for exactly what statutes we were violating. Your captain seemed to be under the impression that Kusari built civilian vessels are banned from Rheinland space, or that we are a Kusari faction and thus fair game for extortion.

We seek clarity for this incident and an assurance that OS&C vessels are welcome in Rheinland space. At the very least, we have faith that the military will not tolerate such a rogue captain besmirching the good name of Rheinland and will serve the appropriate justice and training needed to ensure the security of all.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Breezewood
Where Angels Fear to Tread

RE: To Rheinland Military - Spectre - 03-28-2020

[Image: XXFKLSs.png]
Quelle: Schlachtschiff R.N.C. Freya, Alter Shipyard, Hamburg system, Bundesrepublik Rheinland
Von: Grossflottilenadmiral der Garde Katherine Anneliese von Meyer
An: Captain Johnathan Seabourne
Gegenstand: --
Verschlüsselung: BW-SF-OK-SCS-VK12

Schönen tag, Herr Seabourne.

First and foremost, allow me to express my condolences to any personnel who were injured or even killed in this incident. The Rheinland Bundeswehr strives to enforce the laws of the Bundesrepublik on all, including our own, and make no mistake that we will be on watch for this captain.

To clarify, the law of Rheinland does not prohibit vessels of Kusari make within our space. It is very likely that the captain in question may be unaware of the change to Rheinland law after the end of the war with Kusari, but even then it is unusual as I have no recollection of Kusari-made transport vessels being banned from Rheinland space during the course of the war. In the event that this captain was falling back on old information, the Bundeswehr will make it known to him and his crew of the severity of his behavior and the environment that we live in today.

I thank you for reporting this incident, Kapitan. We will inquire internally as to the reasoning for this encounter, and will notify you of any updates or once the investigation is complete. Should anything else come up, this inbox will be open.
Danke.

Hochachtungsvoll,
Grossflottilenadmiral der Garde Katherine Anneliese von Meyer,
Schlachtgruppe Freya
Bundeswehr Oberkommando

Anlagen: 0