Discovery Gaming Community
Trying, again. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Trying, again. (/showthread.php?tid=177785)

Trying, again. - HoakinBlackforge - 03-28-2020

TL;DR My pc died, frustrated with Space Sims around, wanted to give it a try (again) on my shitty laptop on this pandemic.

WARNING: Honest words written here, may hurt your delicate ego and feelings.

So, i played the mod a few years back, i was amazed by how much content was added into the game, then, slowly got dissapointed how the progress was. And the roleplay tanked it even more.

The roleplay felt unnecesary, unrewarding, and not fun at all. I felt that a lot of people who were at the higher factions (like militaries) just wanted to pvp around. I remember once i was roaming around liberty when i encountered those that are infected by the aliens, stopped me, did some weird talking i didnt even catch on, and, blew me up for their enjoyment like your average middleschool bully on the hallways.

I dont know how much may have changed, and i personally want to experience it myself so im my own judge on that.

RE: Trying, again. - Zoners of Galileo - 03-28-2020

Well ...welcome back and may i say those so called aliens are still here and also more active than ever

NOMADS

VAGRANTS

AND OTHERS

They love popping up anywhere and causing havoc

enjoy

RE: Trying, again. - HoakinBlackforge - 03-29-2020

(03-28-2020, 11:59 PM)FREEPORT 12 COO Wrote: Well ...welcome back and may i say those so called aliens are still here and also more active than ever

NOMADS

VAGRANTS

AND OTHERS

They love popping up anywhere and causing havoc

enjoy

So its pretty much again fucking the day of anyone as much as possible. Dissapointing.

RE: Trying, again. - Shelco - 03-29-2020

(03-28-2020, 11:30 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: TL;DR My pc died, frustrated with Space Sims around, wanted to give it a try (again) on my ***** laptop on this pandemic.

So, i played the mod a few years back, i was amazed by how much content was added into the game, then, slowly got dissapointed how the progress was. And the roleplay tanked it even more.

The roleplay felt unnecesary, unrewarding, and not fun at all. I felt that a lot of people who were at the higher factions (like militaries) just wanted to pvp around. I remember once i was roaming around liberty when i encountered those that are infected by the aliens, stopped me, did some weird talking i didnt even catch on, and, blew me up for their enjoyment like your average middleschool bully on the hallways.

I dont know how much may have changed, and i personally want to experience it myself so im my own judge on that.

To your relief, I've never initiated a fight on my infected char and only RPed until I was attacked.

Apart from that a lot of what you described is still present but don't worry about what the others do too much, if you want to roleplay, do it please.

RE: Trying, again. - HoakinBlackforge - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 02:13 AM)Shelco Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 11:30 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: TL;DR My pc died, frustrated with Space Sims around, wanted to give it a try (again) on my ***** laptop on this pandemic.

To your relief, I've never initiated a fight on my infected char and only RPed until I was attacked.

Apart from that a lot of what you described is still present but don't worry about what the others do too much, if you want to roleplay, do it please.

Honestly, i think this time im not going to bother with giving effort to roleplaying.

RE: Trying, again. - jammi - 03-29-2020

(03-29-2020, 12:44 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote: Honestly, i think this time im not going to bother with giving effort to roleplaying.

One of the thing I've found since returning a couple of months ago, is that the server population is low enough that finding spontaneous interactions is more difficult these days. I've been best served by intentionally aiming for pirates / players on my trade ships using the in-game player list, and choosing routes that actively take me to those people.

As with every other period of Disco's history, the other reliable way to find RP you like is to identify a faction or group you enjoy flying with and sign up with them. Discord is also a pretty useful tool for finding people, and has (thankfully) replaced Skype as the community's communication app of choice.

Happy to run a few convoys with you, if you want to test the waters that way.

RE: Trying, again. - Kaine - 03-29-2020

You know I used to truly hate the roleplay. It made me feel awkward and I just wanted to make pew not conversation.. But I stopped trying to make characters and just started being me thinking how I'd respond to interactions

It's made the community a lot more enjoyable. At least for me. They've got their own written disagreements going on...

Oh wait no I do still want the phantoms back so I guess there are still some things I'm unhappy with