Discovery Gaming Community
To Die Weiße Rose; The Times - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Die Weiße Rose; The Times (/showthread.php?tid=177796)

To Die Weiße Rose; The Times - Glass - 03-29-2020

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Fixer.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143e.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Guten tag.

You are no doubt aware of the ongoing and increasing turmoil within your territories. As such I will refrain from taking up too much of your time.

Turbulence brings instability, but it also empowers change. The change we seek is to strengthen our position, strengthen relationships and the strengthen our allies. Now is the time to build foundations. As such, we'd like to improve upon our relationship by sharing information, and fostering the atmosphere for further cooperation. It's much easier to act if one isn't blind and alone.

I've been authorised to disclose that our sources have indicated that the political upheaval in Rheinland is the result of Unioner espionage. We ask simply, what is the perspective of Die Weiße Rose on current events? Any further context or analysis that would benefit our understanding, and ability to render aid, would in turn benefit you.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To Die Weiße Rose; The Times - Corpus13 - 04-10-2020

Die Weiße Rose
Message Received - 10-04-827 A,S

To: Herr "Glass"
Sender: Generaloberst Wilfried Lichtenberg
Subject: The Times

Good day,

First of all, apologies for this delay with the answer from our side. As you probably know, relationships between our parties were tense, if we put it mildly, and considering the developments of events in Rheinland and other affairs, your communication was on the bottom in priority list. However, as soon as the topic of your message was revealed, this matter was immediately brought to my attention. Allow me a quick introduction - My name is Wilfred Lichtenberg and I'm the Generaloberst of Die Weiße Rose. A pleasure to get acquainted with you.

Apparently your observations were correct. Former enemies fight together side by side against combined forces of military and unioners, knocking at our doors. Military police of new regime is currently raiding whole districts in large cities, searching for planet-side resistance cells, our hideouts and UDF sympathizers. The whole state is in chaos. With this, I guess, that our position is pretty clear - we stand against this illegal coup, we stand against the Unioners and we stand against the biggest part of former Rheinwehr.

I can not be sure, what was the initial reason for hostilities between the Bundschuh and Hackers and honestly it does not matter that much anymore. We need any help we can get to save our home, our Vaterland.

However, before we move to more any further, I need to know - what kind of interest does your faction have in this conflict and Rheinland in general? How exactly are you going to strengthen your positions?

We are interested.

Attachment(s):

Humbling - Glass - 04-14-2020

...uploading.data...

Mister Lichtenberg,

I am delighted that you are willing to overlook our vague historical difficulties given the context. Let me put it so: We are not a military, we are not an army, we are not a corporation. While we maintain necessary strike forces, our interest in Rheinland and this conflict is consistent with our primary business. We deal in information, intelligence, and technology. We deal in profit and select contraband. We are not expansive gluttons; we see fit to work with regional partners such as yourselves. Strengthening our position now means, as it always has, building on these capabilities, resources and relationships.

Beyond that, our interests in the conflict are obviously for the benefit of the people of Rheinland... and particularly the humbling of the Unioners. We would be pleased to help you in your endeavors given that they would inevitably aid our own.

RE: To Die Weiße Rose; The Times - Milan - 04-17-2020

[Image: DTQI8GH.jpg]
Die Weiße Rose
Message received - 18-04-827

To: "Glass"
Subject: The Times

Herr "Glass",

My name is Maja Kurbjuweit and I was just appointed as DWR Oberst following an internal reorganization process due to the latest events. Generaloberst Wilfried Lichtenberg instructed me to pursue discussions with you.

We understand your motives and we appreciate your transparency in disclosing them. We are glad to hear that you can see eye to eye with our movement about the imperial coup and the infamous role the Unioners played in it, to say the least. That alone is a good enough reason to accept an unexpected helping hand in such harsh times.

As you may certainly know, we Bundschuh are always eager to consider honest and reasonable proposals, provided that they benefit our struggle for the Republic and the people of Rheinland. In a previous message, you mentioned dealing in information, intelligence and technology. Our capabilities have suffered sizeable blows over the last few days, so any form of help is welcome.

I am sure you have already thought of an offer to bring to our attention. We are all ears.

Faithfully,

Maja Kurbjuweit

Attachment(s):
  1. None

Das neue Abkommen - Glass - 05-10-2020

...uploading.data...

Oberst Maja, it is a pleasure.

I have been busily preparing the terms of a treaty or failing that, an agreement between our organisations. The terms of the accord are outlaid below for your consideration. I patiently await your reply.

The New Accord
Das Neue Abkommen

1.0 A new accord is formed between the inner circle of the Lane Hackers and Die Weiße Rose to provide mutual benefit and necessary support during and after the upheaval caused by the Rheinland Imperials, supported by the skulduggery of the corrupt Unioner cause. The following are the terms of the agreement.

1.1 Changes to any part of the agreement may be negotiated by the authorised representatives of each signatory to the agreement.

1.2 The agreement sustains simple violations and persists until declared suspended or voided by either signatory.

1.3 To further the purposes of the agreement, it is not publicised. While reasonable measures should be taken to prevent the enemies of either signatory learning of the agreement, extraordinary measures are not warranted, as the nature of any observed interactions between parties are likely to be determined.

Objectives
Ziele

2.0 A ceasefire is agreed between the Lane Hackers' inner circle and Die Weiße Rose, and to the extent enforceable, between the outer circle and the wider Bundschuh. Vessels of either organisation may only return fire if fired upon.

2.1 Violators of the ceasefire should be captured alive where possible for their interrogation and punishment, but the aim to do so should not unreasonably endanger the defensive combatant. In unavoidable cases, traitors should be eliminated.

2.2 Each signatory shall permit the entry and reasonable use of their unclassified installations to each other signatory for the purposes of trade, repair, and recuperation.

2.3 Each signatory shall provide information and intelligence to each other signatory where it is reasonably believed that such information or intelligence would be any two of use, relevance or interest to the recipient.

2.4 Where necessary, in proximity to, and when requested by an imminently endangered member of a signatory, members must render aid to the endangered. Assistance shall not include aid as a combatant should the endangered be under threat by an ally of the member rendering aid. Members must aim to minimise the loss of life, equipment, or intelligence by the signatories, and avoid jeopardising existing alliances and diplomatic relationships.

Addenda
Nachträge

This page is intentionally blank.

RE: To Die Weiße Rose; The Times - Milan - 05-25-2020

[Image: DTQI8GH.jpg]
Die Weiße Rose
Message received - 25-05-827

To: "Glass"
Subject: The Accord

Herr Glass,

I must apologize for the delay in getting back to you, but I am sure you know better than anyone that writing and reviewing legal texts requires time and pondering. We have duly analyzed the proposed terms and we see nothing fundamentally contradictory to our interests nor to the people of Rheinland's. The suggestions we wish to formulate are few, in fact.

I

Quote:1.0 [...] supported by the skulduggery of the corrupt Unioner cause [...]

While we certainly agree on the idea behind it, a neutral rephrasing is preferred. Our suggestion is the following:

Quote:1.0 [...] actively supported by the Unioner cause [...]

II

Quote:2.1 Violators of the ceasefire should be captured alive where possible for their interrogation and punishment, but the aim to do so should not unreasonably endanger the defensive combatant. In unavoidable cases, traitors should be eliminated.

We would appreciate a more peaceful resolution should such problems unfortunately arise. Moreover, we fear the notions of "punishment", "unavoidable cases" and "elimination" leave too much space for eventual unfortunate misunderstandings which could endanger this Accord on the long run. Here is our proposal:

Quote:2.1 Violators of the ceasefire should be captured alive where possible for their interrogation, but the aim to do so should not unreasonably endanger the defensive combatant. Each party shall assist the other in disabling rogue elements and enforcing the ceasefire if infringed by uncompliant individuals affiliated with either side.

If absolutely necessary, after all other recourses have failed, the use of lethal force remains covered by the mention "where possible".

III

Last, we wish to submit one more clause to your approval.

Quote:1.4 Each signatory party is considered to and shall always act in good faith towards the other. Any conflicts predating this Accord are hereby deemed void.

I am confident we can promptly come to terms. We are of course open to discussions.

Faithfully,

Maja Kurbjuweit

Attachment(s):
  1. None

Assent - Glass - 06-01-2020

...uploading.data...

Oberst Maja, my apologies.

I can get rather passionate about these matters, and that should not flavor our own relationship. You are right to be confident, because I could not fault any of your suggestions, and indeed the professorship was willing to provide their assent.

We are delighted to have come to this agreement, and will promptly formalise it with its own private neural net entry, to which we will of course provide you access. Do not hesitate to contact us should you require, and I am certain we will be seeing more of each other in future. Perhaps a face to face meeting once the border is slightly quieter.