Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] - Die Walküre - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] - Die Walküre (/showthread.php?tid=178060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

[Official Event] - Die Walküre - Ramke - 04-06-2020

Die Walküre
Stuttgart, New Berlin, Frankfurt
Combat Event

OVERVIEW

Following months of instability, the Imperialists have begun their attempt to seize power in Rheinland. Large swathes of the Rheinland Military has pledged allegiance to the Imperialists, while the Federal government has fled New Berlin with support of the MND and loyalist forces. The Karlsruhe and Bayern has declared for the Federalist side, and elements of the Koblenz fleet have also remained loyal. Thuringia was immediately locked down by the Bayern and any imperial elements are being expunged. Fighting is fiercest in Stuttgart, with elements of the Altenburg fleet already making for the planet to dislodge the Federalists holding the planet orbit. Much remains unknown, but what is certain, is that Civil war is afoot.

DETAILS

Date:

Monday, 6th of April 2020 09:00 - until the Rheinland Update

Event Type:

Combat Event
BDM/Federalists/DWR|/Bundschuh Vs RM/Unioners/UN|

Rule changes:
  • The MND ID has been changed to the Federalist ID.
  • BDM and Federalist ID will gain access to Battleships.
  • BDM and the Federalists are now hostile to Rheinland lawfuls.
  • Battleship Karlsruhe has been temporarily disabled.
  • New Berlin, Stuttgart and Frankfurt are now contested territory (30 minute death timer).

Allowed IDs:

Rheinland Military
Marinenachrichtendienst (now Federalist)
Bundschuh
Unioners
Rheinland Police
BDM|
DWR|
UN|

NOTES

A Combat Event has been enabled for the listed IDs. Each kill by participating factions will grant a bonus award of 5,000,000.

EDIT: Kills for each side are being counted, and the side with most kills will receive a story boon in the update or later update.

Kill bonuses will be monitored, any malicious abuse of the plugin may result in grave consequences.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Yazov - 04-06-2020

Imperial Rheinland should be wiped out as a concept.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Promotheus - 04-06-2020

Will RFP ID'd characters also be allowed to participate?
EDIT: Or...Rheinland Imperial Police I guess? Police ID's of Rheinland is what I mean Tongue

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Markam - 04-06-2020

The RFP are basically bystanders in the coup, if players come out strongly for one side it could be considered however.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Spectre - 04-06-2020

Long live the Federal Republic!

DO YOUR PART!
|--BUNDESWEHR--|

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Promotheus - 04-06-2020

(04-06-2020, 05:51 AM)Markam Wrote: The RFP are basically bystanders in the coup, if players come out strongly for one side it could be considered however.

Well RFP| has returned since a few days ago and have always (well, since they were last OF) been strongly tied with the imperial party.
As 2ic I can vouch that the faction would like to be involved in the event on imperial side

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Burning - 04-06-2020

Can someone please provide some sort of overview of that's happening? Who are the Federalists, who are the Imperialists, why does BDM take one and RM the other side? I haven't been very active recently, I would like to partake in this storyline, but I'm stepping in the dark.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Spectre - 04-06-2020

(04-06-2020, 05:56 AM)Burning Wrote: Can someone please provide some sort of overview of that's happening? Who are the Federalists, who are the Imperialists, why does BDM take one and RM the other side? I haven't been very active recently, I would like to partake in this storyline, but I'm stepping in the dark.

The Imperialists are the forces of the Rheinland Military who are supporting a coup to reinstate the Rheinland Empire (y'know, the one that dissolved after that really fun war with the GMG three centuries ago).
The Federalists are the forces of the Rheinland Military who continue to support the Federal Chancellor's forces alongside the BDM| and the MND.

The [RM] were the ones who primarily pushed this concept forward, I think, and it's been building up since BDM| pulled their forces from the war with Kusari to contain the threat in Thuringia.
It's all a big web of lies, deceit, 'he-said-she-said' bull that most coups are made of.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Markam - 04-06-2020

Over the last two patches we added several in-game news articles to give some foreshadowing.

1, Election in Rheinland sees a coalition government between Federalists and Bundies. Federalists hint towards legalizing bundies. Imperial Party however grows significantly.

2. Arson attack on the house of the heir to the defunct imperial throne while doing political speeches on Hamburg.

3. Riots break out over the legalization of the bundies and the "assassination" attempt on the political figure above leads to mass causalities, or minimal casualties depending on the news you read.

This event happens. When the update drops some new articles, including a forum post, will be posted. For now, roleplay where we are and pick your side.

RE: [Official Event] - Die Walküre - Couden - 04-06-2020

Such a shame that Hessians ain't gonna take part in this mess.