Discovery Gaming Community
Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? (/showthread.php?tid=178089)

Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - HoakinBlackforge - 04-05-2020

I made a corsair and bought the transport, but i feel it doesnt mine fast enough, am i missing something?

And, as a smuggler, im using the pirate train, i know it makes it kinda obvious, but i want to maximize profits. But i saw the pilgrim liner has much better stats for the same cargo, so i dont know if to replace it.

RE: Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - Ramke - 04-05-2020

Have you checked this thread?

You need the following to receive a mining bonus:
1) Mining guns/turrets
2) Applicable ID
3) Suitable ship

Out of Transports, only Armiscustos can mine Xeno Relics and the mining output is doubled. Freighters and below get triple the output. The more mining turrets hit a rock at the same time, the more units of the ore you receive - hence why it's recommended to use as many mining turrets as you can.

For Smuggling, it's entirely your choice. Some people prefer cargo space, some people prefer more survivable ships. Both the Train and the Liner are good for it.

RE: Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - HoakinBlackforge - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 09:09 PM)Ramke Wrote: Have you checked this thread?

You need the following to receive a mining bonus:
1) Mining guns/turrets
2) Applicable ID
3) Suitable ship

Out of Transports, only Armiscustos can mine Xeno Relics and the mining output is doubled. Freighters and below get triple the output. The more mining turrets hit a rock at the same time, the more units of the ore you receive - hence why it's recommended to use as many mining turrets as you can.

For Smuggling, it's entirely your choice. Some people prefer cargo space, some people prefer more survivable ships. Both the Train and the Liner are good for it.

Hmm, maybe because the front turrets on the armicustos are on the slots 7/8, and the actual mining slots are maybe 1/2/3? the mining guide doesnt show which slots.

RE: Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - Maltz - 04-05-2020

I have told you what to do. Mining with the transport will be slow for XR regardless of the turret count or position compared to the freighter. Ask someone to log a train, mine it to it with a sair freighter and share the profit. Problem solved.

RE: Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - Venkman - 04-05-2020

Please don't waste your time by mining with a transport. Instead look for someone to mine for you or get a group and fill each other up.
Here you can ask for miners, when I'm around, I can do it no problem: Discovery Mining Chat.

RE: Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - HoakinBlackforge - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 09:36 PM)Venkman Wrote: Please don't waste your time by mining with a transport. Instead look for someone to mine for you or get a group and fill each other up.
Here you can ask for miners, when I'm around, I can do it no problem: Discovery Mining Chat.

So, i should have grabbed a corsair train then?

RE: Mining xeno relics? And which ship to smuggle with? - Venkman - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 10:01 PM)HoakinBlackforge Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 09:36 PM)Venkman Wrote: Please don't waste your time by mining with a transport. Instead look for someone to mine for you or get a group and fill each other up.

So, i should have grabbed a corsair train then?

The transport should also do the job.