Discovery Gaming Community
To: Grossflotillenadmiral von Meyer | From: Jonathan Seabourne - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Grossflotillenadmiral von Meyer | From: Jonathan Seabourne (/showthread.php?tid=178135)

To: Grossflotillenadmiral von Meyer | From: Jonathan Seabourne - Jonathan Seabourne - 04-07-2020

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: Titanic-Second-Officer-Charles-Lightoller.jpg]

ID: Jonathan Seabourne

To:Grossflottilenadmiral der Garde Katherine Anneliese von Meyer

Subject: Situation in Rheinland

Greetings Grossflotillenadmiral,

Jonathan Seabourne here, Chairman of Orbital Spa and Cruise. We've had several exchanges in the past over a rogue cruiser and of publicizing a station demolition in New Berlin in what seems like ages ago. I know you're busy to say the least so I will try to be brief.

The situation in Rheinland has a lot of us at OS&C scared. We're evacuating Baden Baden and are worried about how the war might engulf the Stuttgart system. Already the Imperials have reached out to me to lock out Federal forces from using Baden Baden as a landing site, and I fear that OS&C will be forced to pick a side in this conflict. Ideally, we would stay out of the internal affairs of Rheinland, but this is becoming less tenable a position by the day.

You're a good officer and well respected by your forces. I'm asking you for advice: what, in your opinion, is in the best interests of OS&C and Rheinland in regards to Baden Baden? And how can OS&C be of best service to the people of the fatherland?

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Breezewood
Where Angels Fear to Tread

RE: To: Grossflotillenadmiral von Meyer | From: Jonathan Seabourne - Spectre - 04-07-2020

[Image: XXFKLSs.png]
Quelle: Schlachtschiff R.N.C. Freya, [REDACTED], Frankfurt system, Bundesrepublik Rheinland
Von: Grossflottilenadmiral der Garde Katherine Anneliese von Meyer
An: Kapitan Jonathan Seabourne
Gegenstand: Situation in Rheinland
Verschlüsselung: BW-SF-OK-SCS-VK12

Schönen tag, Kapitan.

Firstly, allow me to express my sympathies for any hardships the Imperialists have put Orbital Spa and Cruise through in the mere day they've had proportional control. It is the Military's obligation to prevent civilian casualties, be those direct or indirect, and this blatant act of disregard by the Imperial Parti has many of my people unable to properly commit to this.

I believe it best in my professional opinion to avoid contact with any Military forces, Federal or Imperial, for the time being, unless absolutely necessary. The Bundespolizei, while they appear to have taken the opposing side, do seem to have civilian defense in mind. Concerning Planet Baden Baden, I believe it best to keep to your normal routine as best you can to the extent that you and your people are comfortable with. This civil conflict within Rheinland will only continue to grow, and at the ordinary man's detriment. I would also request that, unless under dire circumstances, both Federal and Imperial military personnel be denied access to Baden Baden for the foreseeable future. The Bundeswehr that I command has no desire to utilize Baden Baden for any purpose in the conflict, and military leave in a situation like this is very likely not going to be feasible. Should the Imperial-aligned Military send officers on leave, I expect they will be treated as per usual to avoid undue suspicion.

As it stands currently, this conflict is only in its infancy, despite the stark changes overnight. For the time being, I would utilize this relative 'calm' to begin any relevant evacuations of Baden Baden to other Orbital Spa and Cruise locations before the conflict grows further. Orbital is still a civilian corporation, and under Rheinland law will not be met with confrontation by Federal and likely even Imperial forces. The Omega-7 corridor into Southern Bretonia is still accessible to non-Federal ships, which includes Orbital Spa and Cruise, so I would utilize this window while time allows it. Stuttgart will very likely become a strong front within the coming weeks.

Overall, I believe the worst action to do now would be to overexaggerate the situation and make hasty decisions. This conflict will take time to ramp up, which gives you and your people ample time to find or create doorways to ease out of this growing conflict. The defense and safety of civilian personnel is, and always will be, the highest priority of the Bundeswehr and all Federal forces of the House Rheinland, and I trust Orbital Spa and Cruise has the capacity to oversee a subtle evacuation of Baden Baden to lighten your presence within the system, lest this conflict continue to grow out of hand, or worse at a hastened rate.

Should you require further information or guidance concerning instruction during this trying time, my door is always open. I wish you luck, Kapitan Seabourne, and I pray that you and yours remain safe within our House.

Hochachtungsvoll,
Grossflottilenadmiral der Garde Katherine Anneliese von Meyer,
Schlachtgruppe Freya
Bundeswehr Oberkommando

Anlagen: 0