Discovery Gaming Community
Tau Pact - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Tau Pact (/showthread.php?tid=17827)

Tau Pact - pbrione - 03-15-2009

--Incomming Transmission--

To Guildmaster Masterson of the Independent Miners Guild,

Many thanks for your understanding and agreement on the difficult issues we have been discussing, I am glad that we have been able to come close to reaching an agreement so quickly. The terms, as requested, are presented here and in the classified dossier which I attach to you privately.

Tau Pact Wrote:Article I - IMG

Clause 1: The IMG offers an official alliance with Bretonia whilst within the star system of Orkney. IMG officially recognises that Orkney is a Bretonian sovereign system, and offers joint operations to defend Orkney from our enemies (not currently including Colonial Remnant) or ships that we consider to be attempting to supply our enemies.

Clause 2: The IMG offers docking rights for Bretonian forces, be they BAF or other official agents of the Bretonian Crown, at Dounby station (providing reasonable precautions are taken), excluding capital vessels.

Clause 3: The IMG offers help in shipping supplies to beseiged Bretonian forces on Planet Harris, and evacuating refugees.

Clause 4: The IMG agrees not to interfere in the operations of Bretonian privateers or other covert attacks by agents of the Bretonian Crown on current enemies of Bretonia such as the Colonial Remnant.

Clause 5: <strike>[CENSORED]</strike> - refer to private IMG dossier available to Council members.

Article II - Bretonia

Clause 1: The Bretonian Armed Forces promises to defend IMG bases both in core Bretonia, Magellan, Orkney and Tau against any threats to them, and to assist in the upholding of IMG neutrality and the no-fire zones surrounding IMG Freeports in the BAF zone of operations, passing on any collected fines to the IMG.

Clause 2: The Government of Bretonia grants permission for the IMG to dock at Bretonian Planets or facilities with any of their ships (Though permission should be sought in individual cases before docking large military vessels)

Clause 3: The Government of Bretonia shall fully respect the right of the IMG to freely carry any and all materials through Tau to supply their own bases, unhindered by any Bretonian forces (providing they do not trade with Kusari).

Clause 4: The Crown of Bretonia cedes full ownership rights to the IMG of all presently undiscovered resources in Tau and Orkney (excluding additional resources discovered in existing fields currently mined by BMM), providing that BMM is granted permission to mine such IMG resources in exhange for a monthly fee to the IMG, not exceeding 10 million credits per month. In addition, there shall be full official recognition of IMG claims of ownership over all resources in fields currently mined by the IMG. No Agents of the Bretonian Crown shall in any way impede access to IMG resources by members of the IMG, and shall act to defend IMG access to their resources from those who would impede said access.

Clause 5: The Bretonian Home Office grants a one-off amnesty to all IMG members currently with criminal convictions outstanding in Bretonian courts, or serving in Bretonian jails, and a similar amnesty shall be applicable to new IMG members upon their joining the IMG. Members of the IMG shall still be fully culpable for any future crimes they commit from this day onwards.

Any minor issues or queries which you may still have outstanding, point them out to me and I shall see about amending the main text accordingly. If we are in agreement, however, then this can be forwarded the the Bretonian Parliament and the IMG Council for ratification and we can proceed with the signing.

Yours Sincerely,

Lord Charles Canning,
9th Earl of Malmesbury,
Foreign Secretary of Bretonia

--End Transmission--

Tau Pact - Niezck - 03-15-2009

####Incoming Transmission####

Comm ID: Guild Command Ship Comoros
To: Lord Charles Canning

Sir,

By the authority given to me by the Independent Miner's Guild, and with the support of the undersigned, we, the IMG, accept this proposal in it's entirety.

David Masterson, Guild Master
Claude Foster, Trading Director
Isaac Goldwell, Mining Director
Nick Hargreavers, Defense Director
Syana Kyan, R&D Director

####End Transmission####