Discovery Gaming Community
Epic moments in gaming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Epic moments in gaming (/showthread.php?tid=17831)

Pages: 1 2 3

Epic moments in gaming - Corsair - 03-15-2009

Share one of your most memorable online/offline gaming experience you've ever had.

Corsair Wrote:I was once playing on a Halo: CE server for about 6 hours. We had locked it after an hour, and the server evolved from Slayer to Democracy. We grew bored of the spamming, so we began to set rules. No snipers. Then no Banshees. Then no Scorpions.

We elected Councilpeople, who dictated what was allowed and what wasn't. We played grenade tag, hide and seek, we raced in the Warthogs, and we had all sorts of fun.

Playing with people with imagination and creativity is so much fun. I can't find many places like that now.

Also, I was playing Aliens vs. Predators 2 online, and the similar thing happened, only it was more of a monarchy. We were playing on the map "Quarantine" and the Queen took up residence in the bottom room. The drones patrolled the area, while the Humans and Predators duked it out around the rest of the map. The Humans and Predators signed a treaty, and launched an epic raid on the Alien coven. Rocketmen first, Heavy Preds next, Smartgunners, and Pulse Riflers followed. Assault Predators and Light Predators ripped everything else up. The Aliens actually beat us off. It was terrifying, in a way. It may have been helped by the fact that the Preds betrayed us.

Probably would've been better if they had waited for the Aliens to die off...

Epic moments in gaming - stewcool - 03-15-2009

Playing WoW - before burning crusades

Crapy geared level 60 hunter. Took on 1 rogue 2 warriors, They tried to camp me.

Lets just say they didnt even kill me. All level 6 and they all died.....

Good times

Playing Planetside -

Was one of the FIRST players to hack and drive all the vehicles
and use every gun in the game.

Playing Left 4 Dead -

Became tank knocked everyone off the building to the helicopter
level in 1 swing. WAS FUNNY!

Ahhh~ WoW... I got my NE Hunter to level 60 and soloed Orgrimmar. I miss Farstriders..

Epic moments in gaming - stewcool - 03-15-2009

NE Hunter FTW.

Though I think they may have been a bit OP back than.

Oh yes, I was playing Freespace 2 online yesterday, and 3 Perseus Interceptors killed a Deimos Corvette using Hornets and Tempests. I was awesome. AAA guns got nothing on this.

Epic moments in gaming - Unholy1 - 03-15-2009

Here in freelancer,

RoS Zavala and I both in Sabres destroyed everyone in Omicron Gamma and held it by ourselves for hours. It was awesome.:cool:

Epic moments in gaming - Weedalot - 03-15-2009

bomberman rulez:lol:

Epic moments in gaming - greasemunky - 03-15-2009

I've had so many moments that I consider epic if I even try to remember them they all blur together.

Epic moments in gaming - bobeza - 03-15-2009

Before i tell the story of me and my friend's attempt to become Wilde, i want to tell the keepers who engaged us this: YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG WILD ROOKIES! (they died:D)

Me and my friend, roleplaying as Wilde (wanting to join the faction, that happened last year) in sigma 13 near the berlin hole...i was in the RM Bomber with no missles, just nomad weps + SN and CD, my friend in a Wrath with nomie weps and 1 cannonball....

We roleplayed near the cruiser wreck, scanning for some secred military data on it, all that happened in open channel. Finally, some people came to fight us.

Firstly, some pirates arrived - 2 falcata outcasts...they attacked us. At the time one of them died, 2 keepers arrived and said "***Amusement***" while engaging us (no idea why, we roleplayed as Wilde and they knew it, this was a set-up)...both with Assasins. They died in 20 mins of fighting, me and my friend were still holding.

Then, the last falcatta died, but 1 corsair gb appeared. Same cruel fate - died. By that time all my weps got ripped off, leaving just SN (i took all the damage :lol:), my friend lost the wings with 2 weps on them and lost his shield too.

Lastly, a OC with rogue gunboat and some NOVAPG arrived and 3 people died in 2 secs - that was me, my friend and a NOVAPG, because we ate about 3-4 mines at once (and i think there was also a Nova Torp involved:lol:)....so i am not sure what survived the explosion but it has been the funniest fight that lasted about 3 hours!

Epic moments in gaming - swift - 03-15-2009

One day in Freelancer.. Little Alexander "Flamewing" Swift goes on a recon mission in Omicron Alpha, to chart it all.

He gets located by the Outcasts after some time, and gets 7 enemies on him, 6 sabres and a scimitar.

He gets scared, says to himself, okay that's it, yet another loss.
But he keeps fighting nonetheless.

First Sabre falls. He is still desperate.
Three more sabres fall. He's starting to get cocky, but keeps his cool, doesn't want to celebrate too early.
Three more bogies fall, and only the scimitar is left.

They duel for more than a half hour, and finally, the scimitar eats a mine.

He continues with his recon mission as if nothing had happened, and charts the rest of the system.

In the end, he gets chased out of Omicron Alpha by two capital ships and a handful more of fighters, and he laughs all the way back to Tau 37, and docks, only then realizing he had lost 3 hammerfalls.:lol: