Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices (/showthread.php?tid=178371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Lucas - 04-12-2020

As part of an ongoing discussion regarding moneysinks, the Development Team has been debating about the option of selling Capital-Class Cerberus turrets with FX resembling each house respectively.
Seeing as this is intended to be a money sink, prices will be drastically higher than those of normal weaponry and we're trying to find out how high we can go and still have people buy these guns.

As such it has been deemed necessary to gather a rough estimate on how much people are willing to spend which you can vote for in the poll above.
Please note that the winning number is not necessarily the number we will use.

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Mephistoles - 04-12-2020

Well, anyone who would use these is going to vote for the lowest amount. Not sure how useful a poll on how much people want to be taxed is going to be.

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Karst - 04-12-2020

I don't think that's a good choice for a moneysink item. House variants of ships and weapons are supposed to be standard equipment, not something super fancy most people won't bother with, which is why a Wraith doesn't cost (much) more than an Eagle or a Liberty Battleship Primary than a Basic Battleship Primary; house players are expected to use their house variants.

If you want to make cosmetic variants of cap weaponry as a moneysink that's cool & good, but don't link them to houses or factions please. There's a reason the Jintsuriki and Minified Spyglass moneysink scanners, despite being invented by specific factions, are explicitly described as being open-market items.

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Thunderer - 04-12-2020

This will give me a reason to farm.

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Saronsen - 04-12-2020

Ah yes, Rheinland gets their cerberus variants for the same price as the stock ones because that's exactly what they are.

I won't pay more than 3.950.000 for a Liberty variant of a battleship cerb

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Nika - 04-12-2020

I am quite content with the current Cerberus turrets and it doesn't need House-specific variations imo.

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - MasterL410 - 04-12-2020

Why is there no "don't do it" option?

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Skorak - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 02:50 PM)Karst Wrote: I don't think that's a good choice for a moneysink item. House variants of ships and weapons are supposed to be standard equipment, not something super fancy most people won't bother with, which is why a Wraith doesn't cost (much) more than an Eagle or a Liberty Battleship Primary than a Basic Battleship Primary; house players are expected to use their house variants.

If you want to make cosmetic variants of cap weaponry as a moneysink that's cool & good, but don't link them to houses or factions please. There's a reason the Jintsuriki and Minified Spyglass moneysink scanners, despite being invented by specific factions, are explicitly described as being open-market items.

I'm of the same opinion. I feel like there's better options for money sinks.

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Groshyr - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 03:08 PM)Skorak Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 02:50 PM)Karst Wrote: I don't think that's a good choice for a moneysink item. House variants of ships and weapons are supposed to be standard equipment, not something super fancy most people won't bother with, which is why a Wraith doesn't cost (much) more than an Eagle or a Liberty Battleship Primary than a Basic Battleship Primary; house players are expected to use their house variants.

I'm of the same opinion. I feel like there's better options for money sinks.

Make sense.

RE: Poll: House Cerberus Turret Prices - Lythrilux - 04-12-2020

Just make sci-data rewards buyable from bases in conn for high amount of credits already. Creating money sinks is that easy. It's staring at you right in the face. Come on.