Discovery Gaming Community
A Dark Horizon - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A Dark Horizon (/showthread.php?tid=178551)

A Dark Horizon - Morosz - 04-18-2020

Juneau Shipyard, Alaska System
2nd April, 827 A.S.

"Hellcat three turn right heading 290 mark 110. BREAK. LNS Georgia reduce speed to 30 impulse turn right heading 230 mark 110. BREAK. LNS Louisiana maintain current heading at or below 60 impulse."

"Turn right heading 250 mark 110 for Hellcat three"

"Maintaining current course at or below 60 impulse for LNS Luisiana."

"Turn right heading 230 mark 110, reducing speed to 30 for LNS Georgia."

"Juneau Control this is LNS Odyssey heading 270 mark 110."

"LNS Odyssey maintain current heading at or below 60 impulse"ˇ

"Maintain heading at or below 60 impulse for LNS Odyssey."

"Hellcat three turn left heading 270 mark 110 resume own navigation"

"270 mark 110, resume own navigation for Hellcat three"

"LNS Georgia turn left heading 220"

"Left to 220 for LNS Georgia"

"Juneau Control, Hellcat three, permission to cruise"

"Hellcat three, you're cleared for cruise speed."

"Cleared for cruise speed Hellcat three"

"LNS Georgia turn left heading 180 mark 110 reduce speed to 20 impulse. Cleared to docking point 5. Contact Juneau tower on 126.9. Have good day."

"180 mark 110, reducing to 20 impulse. Cleared for docking point 5. For LNS Georgia. Bye bye"

"LNS Louisiana turn right heading 040 mark 125"

""040 mark 125 for LNS Louisiana."

"Universal 1315 request frequency change for Trans Alaska clearance

"Universal 1315 contact Juneau Center on 127,375 for trans Alaska clearance"

"127,375 for Universal 1315"

The traffic around Juneau was busy as always. Ships entering and leaving the system via the gate for New York. And Juneau itself as just as busy. The many mooring points were busy with ships either leaving or arriving. The construction docks were just as busy constructing or repairing the various ships docked there. Construction dock 3. Where the fleet's new proud member was being constructed. The L.N.S. Bogue a new Atlantis Class carrier. Construction began in later 826 A.S. after a keel laying ceremony. Constructing her main hull from various pre-manufactured parts created on Juneau the construction of the frame was finished in early march 827 A.S. With the hull complete the engines along with the rest of critical systems were slowly being added. And now with most of the critical systems in place such as life support, impulse engines, cruise engines, main reactor, inertial dampeners in place she was being prepared for her first test flight. Walking down the corridors filled with people busy installing the internal systems of the ship. Maintenance panels removed almost everywhere with cables lying around along with the tools that the workers were using it made the decks of the ship an almost unending maze for the unaccustomed eye, however, Tyler was not one of them. Being the manager of the entire construction crew he spent a lot of time traversing these decks. Heading towards the airlock to report their progress aboard Juneau to Juneau's dockmaster he stopped here and there to collect the last remaining reports from the brigade chiefs. After about twenty minutes of walking he finally reached the airlock only to find it locked. Thinking that someone might have accidentally locked it he tried to open it but the control panel on the door refused to comply with the commands.

"Great another glitch." He said to himself while reaching over to his wrist mounted communicator.

"Markham! Markham come in."

"This is Markham go ahead." Replied a shouting voice from the communicator.

"This is Tyler. I'm at the airlock in section 26 on Deck 12 and I cannot open it."

"What do you mean you can't open it?"

"I mean the door is malfunctioning. Either a glitch in the software or the door's mechanics. Could you send someone here to fix it?"

"Sure thing. Anything else?"

"Yes whats the nearest airlock to Juneau?"

"I think it's in section 30."

"Thanks. Tyler out."

Turning around Tyler started to make his way towards the other airlock. And after about five minutes of walk he finally reached it. Quickly opening the doors he made his way through the boarding ramp arriving at the massive doors of Juneau. After boarding the station he made his way towards the dockmaster's office. Passing by the various docking points of the station walking past the few windowed sections his eye caught a glimpse of a dreadnought on final approach. "Maintenance personnel report to Docking point 5 for arrival, repeat maintenance personnel report to docking point 5 for arrival!" Was transmitted through the intercom of the station shortly followed by another. "Security personnel report hangar two.Repeat Security personnel report to hangar two!" Tyler continued his way through the corridors and decks of the station eventually reaching deck 10 where the station administration offices were located. Making his way to the dockmasters office he knocked on the door before hearing a muffled "Come in!" from the other side. Pressing the control panel the door quickly slid open and he walked in. The office was somewhat small with a window on the opposite side of the room, a big screen on the wall to the left with the shipyard's blueprints on it. Highlighted on the were the mooring points and drydocks currently in use with each listing the exact ship currently docked with the station. One the right a big foot locker next to the wall. In the center a table with computer screen built into it and another which was retracting back into the table as Tyler walked in.

"Sir. I've brought the reports you requested." Said Tyler as he placed the datapads onto the table.

"Good i'll attach them to my own report later."

"I'm also proud to report that my crew and i are well before schedule and my earlier estimates regarding the test flight were wrong."

"That's even better. Those punks above will finally be happy. How long until we can take her out?"

"Well as i mentioned in my report most of the critical systems are installed. We are currently installing the systems for hangar control. As well as finishing up the works in CIC. Technically she is ready to fly. But she is nothing more than a floating piece of metal at this point. No weapons, shields, and the scanner and communication arrays only arrived today and we although we began to install them fine tuning it will take about 2 days."

"So a week?"

"That sounds about right. A week should be enough."

"Alright then. I'll inform the projects manager in the fifth fleet. One more thing before you return to the ship. How come you of all people messed up the time? As in about a month ago you said we'll most likely fall behind schedule. Now here we are ahead of it."

"That's easy to answer sir. You remember the accident with the leader of the night shift. It turns out even before his accident he was the one that actually bottle-necked our progress. And I did not think that his replacement from Washington would be any better since he was the one who recommended the guy in the first place. In fact in my final report I will have to request his transfer to someplace else while also requesting the guy from Washington to be stationed here permanently."

"I see. Well If that's what you wish we'll see if it gets approved. Alright , I don't want to keep holding you up. Get back to work now."

"Aye aye sir"

Tyler after a quick salute turned around and walked to the door quickly opening it and stepping out. Slowly making his way back to the ship.