Discovery Gaming Community
[Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions (/showthread.php?tid=178715)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - jammi - 04-20-2020

Imperial Ambitions
Dublin, New Berlin
Trade Event

OVERVIEW

With civil war spreading throughout Rheinland, the Imperial provisional government has sought to consolidate its control over Rheinland's planets and apparatus of state. During this transitional phase, access to foreign funding and credit is limited as financiers recoil from the chaos and uncertainty. If the treasury cannot be stabilized in a timely manner, the Imperial court may struggle to pay its pilots - pilots who were instrumental in driving the uprising forward, and securing the core systems. The thought of allowing the Imperial Navy's loyalties to be stressed by extended pay gaps or hardship is simply unpalatable.

Imperial planners have attempted to resolve this issue by reaching out for foreign assistance. The first to respond have been sympathetic contacts in Bretonia who see advantages in Rheinland's current turmoil that could benefit their own desperate situation. Gold Bullion is being bartered from Graves Station and shipped to the Imperial coffers on Planet New Berlin. In exchange, Rheinland's corporations are offering Shipyard Components for export to Planet New London, where they will be partially fabricated and then towed to the Construction Ship Fenland in Cambridge for assembly.

Some Federal forces have been sighted firing on vessels carrying these cargoes and aiding their enemies during a civil war.
Mollys have also noticed the commotion and are taking advantage.

DETAILS

Date:

Saturday 18th of April 2020 - until the Rheinland Update

Event Type:

Trade event
No ID restriction on participation.

Commodities

Imperial Commodities:
Commodity
Buy
Sell
Pirate Resale
Interceptor Resale
Gold Bullion Graves Station, Dublin
$3,000.
Planet New Berlin
$9,042
Lisbon Rock, Cambridge
$4,250
Ithaca Station, Omega 7
$4,943
Battleship Karlsruhe, Stuttgart
$5,025
Shipyard Components Planet New Berlin, New Berlin
$3,000.
Planet New London, New London
$7,992
Lisbon Rock, Cambridge
$4650
Ithaca Station, Omega 7
$4,060
Battleship Karlsruhe, Stuttgart
$3,558

NOTES

There is no ID lock on shipping event commodities to the appropriate station. Normal restrictions on trading in House space apply. Graves Station has a BMM IFF, Planet New London a BPA IFF and Planet New Berlin a RFP IFF. Transports hauling event commodities will be flagged as combat targets for the opposing factions listed in the commodity infocards.

Gin has also been boosted in price on Graves Station as a connecting commodity from Planet New London.

Explanation on Combat Targets: Transports carrying event cargoes become combat targets to the listed factions. This means they may be shot without a demand by any ship type that is allowed to attack transports. This does not bypass rule 4.7 regarding capital ships and the circumstances under which they may attack transports.

Outcome

This event has no further ramifications beyond making money and promoting roleplay and conflict between Imperial and Federal ships.

RE: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - Couden - 04-20-2020

Not interested at all.

RE: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - Skorak - 04-20-2020

Nice to know.

How about you explain why?

RE: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - Chronicron - 04-20-2020

it's more profitable to haul gold-alu ores to be honest
previous event pre-nerf was way better
considering you get 9k of clean profit if you hire yourself a miner
or mine it by yourself

I agree that it was a bit of a harsh nerf. It's now roughly over ore profit while some people can technically just blast you if they actually log.

RE: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - jammi - 04-20-2020

(04-20-2020, 10:32 AM)Chronicron Wrote: it's more profitable to haul gold-alu ores to be honest
previous event pre-nerf was way better
considering you get 9k of clean profit if you hire yourself a miner
or mine it by yourself

The previous prices were super busted. Full disclosure, I forgot I'd put limitations on my copy of FLC to prevent jump gate usage while I was experimenting with some different routes. That led to the profit figures being way higher than they should have been, because the lane/gate route is naturally much shorter. Seeing how popular the route was, I figured we'd leave it up until the server restart this morning and let things play out.

The current post-purchase profit figures are roughly on par with average ore profits (to within -/+ 50/c/s), which I feel is fair considering there is is an infinite amount of this stuff and you're not reliant on other players to get hold of it. You're taking a slight hit to profit in exchange for convenience. If you want to self-mine and keep 100% of the profit, you're more than welcome to do so, but you'll be making much less cash on an hourly basis.

The event tracker is currently just being used to see how much people are shipping, nothing else. The event was extremely popular, to the extent that early yesterday evening you guys smashed through the 1 million per leg cap I put on as an arbitrary number. I've moved it up to a number you definitely won't hit moving forward.

RE: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - Jeuge - 04-20-2020

Enclave: Kill them all

RE: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - Decktare - 04-20-2020

Kruger cannon dock on BMM base, so how we should be in this event?

Run Shipyard components and take Gold ore back or Diamonds. Not everyone can do everything.

RE: [Trade Event] - Imperial Ambitions - Couden - 04-20-2020

(04-20-2020, 10:48 AM)jammi Wrote: The event tracker is currently just being used to see how much people are shipping, nothing else. The event was extremely popular, to the extent that early yesterday evening you guys smashed through the 1 million per leg cap I put on as an arbitrary number. I've moved it up to a number you definitely won't hit moving forward.

999.999.999.999?