Discovery Gaming Community
Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? (/showthread.php?tid=178754)

Pages: 1 2

Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Vitoniz30 - 04-21-2020

The topic's name is self-explanatory, but I explain the details.
Everyone knows, canonically The Order is the organization works primarily against the Nomads and their infected minions, for what sirius-wide ZoI is the logical insertion, so they can operate anywhere their activity is needed.
We also have Aoi Iseijun which infiltrating in each House to destabilize the general situation in Sirius. Some of them work undercover, have peaceful characters undetectable by basic methods (ID, IFF etc), some of them have completely human tech and behavior that makes Aoi players iRP invincible to uncover.

And the biggest issue at this moment is balancing between legit spygame and meta-/powergaming when we try to reveal real face of masked infectee.
So, this question is mainly addressed to GMs and Aoi/Wilde players: How to organize real interaction, hunting, espionage in order to reveal infected agent without generating drama, breaking rules and ruining fun for both sides?

Thank you.

RE: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Treewyrm - 04-21-2020

In my personal opinion a good approach would be prior communication between the players involved. Discuss it beforehand, Order obviously needs to reveal true colors of some characters to fulfill their roleplay, but so are Wild/Aoi need characters to remain unrevealed to fulfill theirs. I feel it should be a matter of mutual agreement between players and be understanding that sometimes a player of unmasked character has RP already in works with other parties that relied on the fact remaining unrevealed, because once done so it becomes difficult or just impossible to reverse that. It is after all same thing as infesting another character - both need to agree, else it's a powerplay, same applies here. As naive as it may sound I believe that it must be a case of player agreeing on how and when that happens. Just don't do it in spite, that will only lead to nasty drama.

RE: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Groshyr - 04-21-2020

Wilds are immortal and impossible to catch. Live with this cringe, because Order can do nothing without the agreement of the person behind the wild character. Long lives democracy

RE: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Foxglove - 04-21-2020

Actually playing an infected character, paradoxically, means not playing this aspect at all. You're still a navy officer or whatever else. You just have a hidden allegiance.

I have a secret, can you keep it... ©

RE: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Ki'Shar - 04-21-2020

As one of the undercover wilds, flying with typical human ships, human equipment, nobility title and so can confirm it can't be quite easy to find out if person is part of the wild or not. An example, let's say if you met me in Hebrides with Lynx, generic weapons and without nomad equipment, how would you know I am one? If I didn't have old Voilé logo as my avatar, nobody I am RPing with would know. Beside the wild and nomad players of course.

Thing is there is now way inRP how would you recognize undercover wild player. Or is there?

RE: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Backo - 04-21-2020

Order (and Lane Hackers) have been claiming Enma Loyola has Nomad STDs for like two plus years now and it has resulted in pretty much nothing noteworthy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. Generally Wild players bring it on themselves to get discovered when they decide to fly their PvP ship and their undercover ship with the same name because they want that character to be extra cool and edgy. Or when they decide to just put nomad technology on their ship. Those that want to stay undercover and actually put the effort have managed it quite well - La'Row as an example, I believe there was someone in the Lane Hackers too or maybe he was just a cultist, not sure.

Personally I don't believe I need mutual consent to share a ship scan of somebody decking out full nomad tech same way I don't need consent to shoot inRP enemies when I fly my ship. Being undercover and using all the shiny Aoi toys is a good example of trying to "have your cake and eat it too".

Loyola is OP. Nerf!

RE: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - darkwind - 04-21-2020

If we want to have them been treated as really infected

Preferably house space laws then should be cleaned to remove targeting Wild ID/IFF
Then if they don't have nomad equipment installed, they would be not authorized to shoot just by House Space Laws

Leaving only server rules:

This server rule could be changed from
4.5 Nomads are allowed to be engaged by all non-nomad IDs regardless of engagement rights except for the Neutral and Recruit IDs.
To
4.5 Nomads are allowed to be engaged by all non-nomad IDs regardless of engagement rights except for the Neutral and Recruit IDs. Wild IDs can be targeted only if they are revealed inRP to be nomad players.

All players would have then Server sided the same rule when to engage all Wilds across all Sirius.

Not sure if we need those changes though. As some people could notice. A lot of wilds are just killing everyone in sight.

I like so far.... having infected who have the same IDs as non infected. Perfect cover. Only when you would reveal inRP that you are infected, you could be targeted.

RE: Order-Wild interactions. How to organise? - Karlotta - 04-21-2020

If you don't want to be treated like infected, don't use any ID, gear, or tag that shows that you are infected.

Expecting players to do you the favor of playing along with "not knowing" what you are making visible right in front of them, without you doing them the favor of not being obvious, will just end up in a spiral of bigotry, disappointment, and stupidity.