Discovery Gaming Community
Capitals vs Snubs for transports - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Capitals vs Snubs for transports (/showthread.php?tid=178794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - nevrozac - 04-28-2020

Put this in an easy RP perspective for angry powertraders here:

*Transport carrying 5000 tons of Cardamine and Miltiary Vehicles to New Berlin*
*A lone RM Donau nearby scans and witnesses the atrocity, then thinks to himself*: "Ah! That cargo is going to wake serious havoc on my home planet if that ships manages to land and unload to the wrong hands. TOO BAD I'M BRAINDEAD AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT CAUSE MY SHIP BIGGER THAN A GUNBOAT MAYBE NEXT TIME RIGHT HAHAA"

I don't get how some people can't see that this not only hinders interaction, but also sets players into a gap they have no way of filling.
It's a very awkward spot to be in and it can't just be solved by "HURR DURR fly small ship". In said given situation the player on the capital ship has no way of engaging in any meaningful set of events because he knows he risks getting sanctioned if he chooses to FOLLOW RP GUIDELINES AND PLAY TO HIS ID.

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - Sir_Now - 04-28-2020

Maybe its too early to conclude , but i think a vast majority is for Caps to be able to kill transports...

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - devito - 04-28-2020

I didn't even know this rule existed. So how does this go then?

hey, drop the contraband!
or else?
nothing, i fly a big ship i can't do anything to you, you can go

too bad that nobody is gonna give a shit about it. the outrage for this ridiculous rule will probably be swept under the rug until the complaining stops

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - Jeuge - 04-28-2020

USE THE GB BOY
Stop using the battleship as a pirate ship, it's pitiful.

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - Grumblesaur - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 03:26 PM)nevrozac Wrote: Put this in an easy RP perspective for angry powertraders here:

*Transport carrying 5000 tons of Cardamine and Miltiary Vehicles to New Berlin*
*A lone RM Donau nearby scans and witnesses the atrocity, then thinks to himself*: "Ah! That cargo is going to wake serious havoc on my home planet if that ships manages to land and unload to the wrong hands. TOO BAD I'M BRAINDEAD AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT CAUSE MY SHIP BIGGER THAN A GUNBOAT MAYBE NEXT TIME RIGHT HAHAA"

I don't get how some people can't see that this not only hinders interaction, but also sets players into a gap they have no way of filling.
It's a very awkward spot to be in and it can't just be solved by "HURR DURR fly small ship". In said given situation the player on the capital ship has no way of engaging in any meaningful set of events because he knows he risks getting sanctioned if he chooses to FOLLOW RP GUIDELINES AND PLAY TO HIS ID.

When's the last time you saw the Navy interdicting drug runners in an aircraft carrier?

The answer is never. They use small ships for that. Fly a bomber for once in your miserable life.

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - Kalhmera - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 07:00 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: miserable life.

No need to name call. That's not very nice. Your logic would dictate that If I was responding to a OC BS on the LPI- Carrier and after returning to Manhattan I saw a drug runner that I shouldnt be able to do anything? Just watch him as he docks? not even try? You are out of your mind. Take a risk for once in your miserable life.

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - LuckyOne - 04-28-2020

I still didn't get a sensible explanation of why is this rule needed... Is it to prevent cruisers camping jumpholes? Pirate cruisers attacking traders? Navy battleships doing traffic patrols which is arguably a police job?

Cause I'm pretty sure there are ways to prevent / reduce impact of those things using different mechanisms instead of a rule leading to some really strange situations...

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - HoakinBlackforge - 04-28-2020

I think the rule of caps vs transports should be limited to lawfuls only. That way, we can avoid confusion.

RE: Capitals vs Snubs for transports - Loken - 04-28-2020

(04-22-2020, 09:52 AM)Nightowl Wrote: Does we really need THREE Treads to this?

No we don't.