Discovery Gaming Community
Mod branding - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Mod branding (/showthread.php?tid=178806)

Pages: 1 2

Mod branding - Avalanche - 04-22-2020

Hello,

I'm not a personal fan of the mods current logo/fonts. I think we can improve our branding. I switched the logo from Discovery Freelancer to Freelancer Discovery because visually it makes us seem Freelancer first, mod second. If we want to attract more people into the mod, I strongly feel the logo should be as shown.

Edit: However, we can put Discovery first if preferred of course. My main issue if with the fonts used. I have included a 5th image of what it would look like if Discovery is first.

Edit: Also, don't think about the space backgrounds. They're just placeholders.

Current

[Image: Apcpc0a.png]

[Image: r6Cmk23.png]

Proposed

[Image: Ki9XWPO.png]

[Image: 4UUY16q.png]

Or

[Image: 85opdRt.png]

^ Space image background by Groshyr.

I can share the Photoshop files for what I've made above to any dev if requested.

RE: Mod branding - jammi - 04-22-2020

Very much a fan on the menu font change. Not quite as keen on the Storm's Wake text for the splash screen though.

RE: Mod branding - Groshyr - 04-22-2020

Try to use any other screenshot, this one is from heavily modified client that is not available to being used at all

RE: Mod branding - Save My Soul - 04-22-2020

I, personally, don't like the name of the game before server (mod) name. Don't like this... Much. Very much. I can even say that I'm hater of Freelancer Discovery (ugh, gosh), but Discovery Freelancer fan.

RE: Mod branding - Venkman - 04-22-2020

There's nothing wrong with Discovery Freelancer. Keep it as is.

RE: Mod branding - Avalanche - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 02:50 PM)jammi Wrote: Very much a fan on the menu font change. Not quite as keen on the Storm's Wake text for the splash screen though.

Yes the Storm's Wake text could probably remain as is. It's more the 3D "Discovery" which I personally am not a fan of.

(04-22-2020, 02:51 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Try to use any other screenshot, this one is from heavily modified client that is not available to being used at all

Yeah, firstly thanks for the image in the first place, and any actual changes going forward will have different background images.

(04-22-2020, 02:52 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: I, personally, don't like server (mod) name before the name of the game. Don't like this... Much. Very much. I can even say that I'm hater of Freelancer Discovery (ugh, gosh), but Discovery Freelancer fan.

I don't follow... You don't like the mod name before the name of the game but you contradict that by saying you hate "Freelancer Discovery" and like "Discovery Freelancer" ?

(04-22-2020, 02:55 PM)Venkman Wrote: There's nothing wrong with Discovery Freelancer. Keep it as is.

I don't follow again. Nothing wrong with the mod in general, or the fonts used, or the order of the words?

The logo can remain "Discovery Freelancer" if that concerns you, but the logo fonts should still be reviewed.

RE: Mod branding - Arcana - 04-22-2020

3rd and 5th rocks, but they are vise-versa Smile

RE: Mod branding - Save My Soul - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 02:58 PM)Avalanche Wrote: I don't follow... You don't like the mod name before the name of the game but you contradict that by saying you hate "Freelancer Discovery" and like "Discovery Freelancer" ?

Yah, my mistake. Corrected it.

RE: Mod branding - Avalanche - 04-22-2020

(04-22-2020, 02:50 PM)jammi Wrote: Very much a fan on the menu font change. =

https://design-alpha.webflow.io/

This is a demo of what it could look like on any menu

RE: Mod branding - LuckyOne - 04-22-2020

I like this suggestion. Believe it or not, Freelancer is a brand. My guess is that there are thousands of Freelancer fans who have zero idea what Discovery is and wouldn't even make a connection if they saw the current logo somewhere.