Discovery Gaming Community
New Discovery Website - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: New Discovery Website (/showthread.php?tid=178838)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Discovery Website - Avalanche - 04-23-2020

If you're like me, you don't ever visit discoverygc.com. You just visit discoverygc.com/index.

While it's good for us, I suspect our front page website gets a lot of visitors, who are all potential players.

While looking over the current website, it works. It looks mostly good and it has done the job. I have a few simple improvements in mind, mostly with making sure visitors click on the right buttons to get them in our community.

Proposed new design: https://design-alpha.webflow.io/

Does anyone have any recommended improvements? If I find the time, I'll try and work on it some more.

RE: New Discovery Website - Lythrilux - 04-23-2020

that's pretty

RE: New Discovery Website - Skorak - 04-23-2020

Considering just how important the forums are in this game, I don't consider it a good idea to put them at the bottom.

It'll also be annoying for the time I accidentally connect to the index.

RE: New Discovery Website - Avalanche - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 03:22 PM)Skorak Wrote: Considering just how important the forums are in this game, I don't consider it a good idea to put them at the bottom.

It'll also be annoying for the time I accidentally connect to the index.

The Forum link (& Discord link) are both in the header section and footer section.

RE: New Discovery Website - Toaster - 04-23-2020

Looks damn good. I'm all for it. I assume the header background would be interchangeable?

RE: New Discovery Website - Skorak - 04-23-2020

Oh wow that didn't load because of scripts being restricted. All good then.

Edit: Considering both link to the same, why not one non descript DOWNLOAD button instead of two?

The background image should probably get something that loops or where you don't notice that it doesn't other than that it looks really good.

RE: New Discovery Website - bakugone - 04-23-2020

It looks nice, just the gif behind "Discover the Sirius Sector" and stuff should be changed to some big battles/some interesting selected systems in my opinion and it should be fine for the website - because this looks better than the current website.

RE: New Discovery Website - Lythrilux - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 03:46 PM)bakugandenis2013 Wrote: It looks nice, just the gif behind "Discover the Sirius Sector" and stuff should be changed to some big battles/some interesting selected systems in my opinion and it should be fine for the website - because this looks better than the current website.

It could cycle through several gameplay clips.

(04-23-2020, 03:41 PM)Skorak Wrote: Oh wow that didn't load because of scripts being restricted. All good then.

This might be a potential problem for others then. So the ones in the header didn't load? They currently have a fade animation. I will remove that animation.

(04-23-2020, 03:41 PM)Skorak Wrote: Edit: Considering both link to the same, why not one non descript DOWNLOAD button instead of two?

Good question, the reason I am going to stick with both a "Download FL" and "Download Disco" is because the website visitor will either be (A) someone who has a FL disc and is ready to get the mod or (B) does not have a FL disc but would like to get a digital copy. If we just had "Download" then the visitor can experience some uncertainty what exactly they are able to download. "Just the mod? I don't own the disc so I'll close the website". While having both is repetitive in our eyes, to a potentially large proportion of visitors, knowing they can also get the base game is likely to strike their attention.

I'll work on a better video looped soon.