Discovery Gaming Community
Captains Log: Akhetaten - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Captains Log: Akhetaten (/showthread.php?tid=179719)

Pages: 1 2 3

Captains Log: Akhetaten - Akhetaten - 05-15-2020

The contents of all the logs shown below are strictly classified. Access is available only on strict approval of Christopher Edwards.

. . .Recovering files. . .
. . .Attempting to read black-box data. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Video uplink status. . .Operational
. . .Attempting to access primary data. . .
. . .Failed. . .
. . .Attempting to locate secondary data. . .
. . .Failed. . .
. . .Attempting to access backup files. . .
. . .Searching. . .

RE: Captains Log: Akhetaten - Akhetaten - 05-15-2020

. . .Located file. . .Recording#1. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .Upload successful. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#1. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#1. . .

Clandestine operations

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, New Berlin System, 811 A.S.

I've lost track of the days. It's been so long since we last docked. This task is taking way longer than anticipated, the crew is tired, we don't even know what the hell it is we are investigating out here. The Captain says we have direct orders from High Command to remain here until further notice. Christopher is heard laughing. "Until further notice" he says in a jokingly manner. That's what they tell you and then forget about you.

"It was supposed to be a reconnaissance mission, sir, why are we out here for almost a year now?"

"Because Command's orders, Lieutenant. Now back to your post" he is talking to himself, this time in a mocking manner.

Months go by. . .

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months, hell... if it wasn't for those kind Rheinlanders around we would've ran out of food and fuel by now. We keep patrolling the same space over and over again. his tone drastically changes Why would the Rheinlanders... help us? he sighs Hell if i know, I'm just a Lieutenant "sticking to my post" after all. My job's to make sure all our navigation systems work properly, after all.

There's been some weird speculations that Rheinland scientists are bringing... weird things home, directly from the uncharted Omicrons. Maybe that is connected to the reason we are here. That would explain the Rheinlanders supplying us, maybe they know something we don't. Maybe they feel safe with us here..

This year's coming to an end, we are still patrolling the same areas, still undercover. I hope next year has something better to offer us, perhaps more action and less sitting around.

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#1. . .

RE: Captains Log: Akhetaten - Akhetaten - 05-15-2020

. . .Located file. . .Recording#2. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#2. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#2. . .
Clandestine operations

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, New Berlin System, 812 A.S.

The first month went by pretty quickly. Our patrols were much more frequent, resupplies had to be done in half the time, for reasons the crew does not know we are in a rush. Its as if we were expecting something to happen, preparing for it, and now we are caught off- sirens are heard in the background, along with the Captain ordering all hands at battle stations on the radio. Chris turns off the video feed.

A few days later. . .

That was a rather interesting encounter. Neither me nor the crew know what we went up against. The... "thing" was a vessel, a semi-transparent purple-tainted vessel, nightmare material. Felt like the thing came straight out of some old bedtime stories. It had some sort of cloaking generator, we never saw it coming. The moment it was sighted, it opened fire, the fight was rough, but the "thing" ended up cloaking and leaving the sector shortly thereafter. The Captain appears worried ever since that encounter. Almost as if this thing was not the reason we came here for.... I can't help but wonder; if that wasn't the reason we were sent here, then what was?

The next day. . .

Today the Captain debriefed us on our recent... encounter. Command didn't think we would face this type of threat, not as early at least. They seemed to be called Nomads, and apparently there's a lot more of them out there than we thought.... The things the Rheinland scientists had inbound from the Omicrons? Nomadic Artifacts... We were sent here as overwatch. We are here to make sure nothing goes south. It all makes sense now. I thought the Nomads were gone for good after the Nomad war... God I was wrong.

Command wants us to remain on high alert.

A few months later. . .

Weird things have started occurring. Even I find it hard to believe my own eyes at times. Infested... humans. We have been raided by countless amounts of human-manufactured ships, controlled by... human-Nomad hybrids. The scientists studying this refer to these monsters as "Wild", and they are capable of insane things.

I'm starting to have my doubts whether we will ever be returning home... let alone returning home in one piece. The patrols get more ominous each day, and the emptiness of space is only making things worse. The attacks against us get more frequent each passing week. Sleeping at nights is getting progressively harder and the fear of an imminent attack is overwhelming.

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#2. . .

RE: Captains Log: Akhetaten - Akhetaten - 05-16-2020

. . .Located file. . .Recording#3. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .File corruption detected. . .
. . .Upload file [Y/N]. . .
Y
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#3. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#3. . .
Clandestine operations

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, New Berlin System, 813 A.S.

The attacks... they suddenly stopped. "Wild" must be planning ▇▇▇▇▇▇, there's no reason they would stop raiding us after downing our morale so much... I don't get this. The Captain seems to have his mind on ▇▇▇▇▇▇ right now, but me along with the rest of the crew are very ▇▇▇▇▇▇. Why would they stop attacking us now? This... doesn't make sense....

A few days go by. . .

We just received word from Navy HC, there's been leaked information on a new "alliance"... It seems the Outcasts are looking for more ▇▇▇▇▇▇ around Sirius, and the Rogues were interested in signing up. Command is suspicious on why the Rogues are ▇▇▇▇▇▇ in that sort of alliance, but we can't have our ▇▇▇▇▇▇ on that, for now. Our objective is to ▇▇▇▇▇▇ sure the ▇▇▇▇▇▇ on "Wild" continues fluently.

Almost a year later. . .

Chris sighs This year was beyond boring. Here I was thinking there couldn't be a worse experience than my ▇▇▇▇▇▇ in Rheinland he laughs.

Command ordered us ▇▇▇▇▇▇. There's been rumors on a new war around the corner, and we are once again needed to be in area... Ah... Why does it always have to be the Akhetaten that does the ▇▇▇▇▇▇.

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#3. . .

. . .Located file. . .Recording#4. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#4. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#4. . .
Clandestine operations

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, Tau-31 System, 814 - 815 A.S.

814 is close to it's end, just now I manage to get some time alone with my thoughts. It's been a while since my last log he laughs slightly, then sighs. I almost feel like I should re-introduce myself. Ah... I'm Lieutenant Edwards.. he pauses Christopher Edwards, Chief Officer in the navigation department.

Lot's of things happened this year. We went back to Liberty after Command ordered us to. None of us knows what happened with the research we were overseeing. Is it finished? Did it yield any results? Guess we'll never learn. We were docked at Juneau Shipyard for a few weeks. That was until the sirens sounded. We were ordered to head out immediately, our destination? he pauses and looks out the reinforced glass Tau-31. The speculations about a Kusari-Bretonia war were... more than correct. First it was the damn Nomads reappearing, then the Wild, followed by a weird treaty the Rogues signed, and what is it now? A damn war we have to get intel on.

Hell's breaking loose out here. We've parked the ship deep in the ice crystal field, out of range of scanners. Thankfully command issued us with some new technology, code-named "Spyglass"... or.. something. This thing has some range I've never seen before on a Battleship. With that in our hands we can observe the events happening almost all around the system, and all we can do is hope no exploratory service spots our ship...

Approximately one year later. . .

This is getting intense, we are now stuck here. We had to change our position 4 times now, as certain fleets moved towards us, almost as if we were spotted. Thankfully... we aren't spotted, or so we think. The system is now on lockdown, enforced by the Kusari forces. The Bretonian fleets seem to have retreated back to Leeds.

A few days go by. . .

One of the Rheinlanders we met back in New Berlin just came into contact with us, he said our "plans" have started leaking to Rheinland high ranking officers. I've no idea what he's talking about... We were merely overseeing their research. . . . right?

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#4. . .

. . .Located file. . .Recording#5. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .File corruption detected. . .
. . .Upload file [Y/N]. . .
Y
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#5. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#1. . .
Clandestine operations

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, Tau-31 System, 816 A.S.

The Captain wants to speak to the ▇▇▇▇▇▇ in a few minutes... I can't help but wonder ▇▇▇▇▇▇. Its not a common occasion that the Captain needs to inform the ▇▇▇▇▇▇. I... better get going.

A few hours later. . .

I can't believe this... I cannot comprehend what I ▇▇▇▇▇▇ We are... doomed. Our assignment.. it wasn't what we thought it was. We weren't ▇▇▇▇▇▇ to oversee their research. We were sent there to secretly gather intel on what they're doing, steal samples, and bring them back ▇▇▇▇▇▇ents... I can't believe this. That's what the.. Rheinlander was talking about... It all makes sense. It's leaked now. God ▇▇▇▇▇▇s is gonna lead. I need to- Chris is cut short by the emergency sirens, he turns off the recording

A few days later. . .

This is the first free time I have the past few days, and it probably won't last long. I'll keep this as short as ▇▇▇▇▇▇. We are at war. Rheinland officials confirmed that Liberty was secretly ▇▇▇▇▇▇he Nomads...

Tau-31 is still in lock-down, command has sent us coordinates.. Our jump-drive is ▇▇▇▇▇▇type... We can only hope this works. Destination is set to New York, we need.. static ..to make this.. static ..jump..

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#5. . .

. . .Located file. . .Recording#6. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#6. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#6. . .
Clandestine operations

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, Bering System, 817 - 819 A.S.

We spent the last few months resupplying, getting some rest, and preparing for the war that is ahead of us. I'll have to admit I missed seeing the entire 5th fleet together, as our assignments always required us to be far away, and with minimal communications. Debriefing was done a few days ago, and since then we have been moving into position. Command wants us patrolling Bering, as the fleet's resources are stationed at Hudson, ready and waiting for their next commands. Our mission is to patrol Bering, keeping the jumpgate monitored. Command thinks Rheinland will be attacking from Hudson, but they can't be too sure. We are the only navy vessel in the system, so it is our duty to make sure we are ready for anything that might occur.

We arrived at Bering just a few hours ago. I don't know how tight our patrols are going to be, and I don't know what we could be up against. We have never been to Bering before and I have to admit the system doesn't seem hospitable at all. But we'll see how this goes...

One year later. . .

God damn, news today were frightening. There's been word that a huge full scale Nomad invasion occurred in Omicron Minor. Lot's of footage featuring huge Nomad vessels was publicized, scary things. Rumors are being told that Planet Toledo itself was heavily bombarded, suffering many casualties, as well as being deemed uninhabitable... One thing is for sure, that none of us can confirm this, or even care about this, at least for now. The fleet's concern is the safety of Liberty, and our concern is to make sure Bering stays clean. We have been scanning all frequencies the past year, making sure Rheinland isn't employing any sneaky tactics on us. The only piece of action we've been getting for the past year is a few pirate encounters every now and then.... I can't help but wonder how our friends are doing in Hudson. We are cut-off from all communications to minimize the chances of being detected. Only emergency communications are allowed to be sent or received by us.

I guess it's a good thing we haven't received, or sent, any emergency communications... yet.

One year later. . .

I couldn't believe my own eyes.. Nomads were sighted in Bering just a few days ago... What... are they doing here? A ship just appeared on our scanners for a split second, only to disappear into the void again. I hope we never see it again, because if it comes back it probably won't be alone. And I wonder if this appearance has anything to do with the invasion on Planet Toledo... Anyway... About a few hours ago on our most recent patrol we detected that the Jumpgate leading to Hamburg is not operational. Chris chuckles The Rheinlanders really sabotaged the Jumpgate to make sure none of our forces will pass through... We have been trying to come into contact with the Command ever since, but nothing came out of it. I guess we'll keep trying.

One day later. . .

Just a few hours ago we managed to open a communications window with High Command. After informing them of the recent occurrences they requested our immediate move to Bretonia. The god damn Gallics are invading them, Gallic Royal Navy occupied the Edinburgh system just a few days ago... What the hell is their Navy doing in Bretonia... God damn it, I can't believe Liberty is at war and we are forced to move to Bretonia. Either way, they are our allies, and Command needs direct intel from there before sending in reinforcements.

Let's hope nothing goes wrong...

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#6. . .

RE: Captains Log: Akhetaten - Akhetaten - 05-17-2020

. . .Located file. . .Recording#7. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#7. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#7. . .
Clandestine operations

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, Edinburgh System, 820 A.S.

It's been a while since I last saw that much action. This new cloaking device we had installed before leaving really served us well. We manage to sneak behind the Gallic Navy's formations, and strike them when they least expected it. Just a few seconds after they begun shooting at the Bretonian fleet, we knew their attention was diverted. Our plan worked... perfectly. The Bretonian fleet along with us took minimal damage, but the Gallic forces were obliterated. That was... a few days ago. It was a bright start, but our sources are informing us an even bigger Gallic fleet is on the move, headed right to us. We may have free'd Edinburgh, but it is only for the time being. We are in no position to engage on a large scale battle. For now we wi- a large explosion occurs, the damage it caused can easily be guessed, seeing the video recording What the he-static

A few days later. . .

That was the most near death experience we've had. An entire Gallic fleet decloaked in our sector. Leaving us no time to react they started bombarding us. We had to make a run for it. We headed to the Leeds jumpgate, a full retreat was ordered... that was when a second Gallic fleet decloaked, blocking the path to the jumpgate. We were trapped... We had to fight back, we were doomed, our firepower was severely below theirs. That was when, to our surprise, our fleet joined in; Command knew the Akhetaten will be outnumbered and sent reinforcements our way. Having just jumped in the system, we were informed via long range communications that aid is coming. We took heavy damage and weren't able to resume fighting, that was when our fleet arrived; Interdictors, Overlords, and a few Atlantis-class Carriers were quickly inbound. The Battlecruisers covered our rear while the Atlantis-classes along with the Overlords bombarded the Gallic fleet blocking the jumpgate. The enemy suffered heavy casualties and retreated, for now. We jumped back to Leeds, our fleet saved us all.

From what we've been gathering from recent communications the Gallics haven't sent any more backup, thus the fight is over. One thing's for sure... the Gallic forces will not give up.

Our repairs are almost finished. We need to head back out there and keep scouting the sector. I don't think this ends here....

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#7. . .

RE: Captains Log: Akhetaten - Akhetaten - 05-22-2020

. . .Located file. . .Recording#8. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#8. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#8. . .
Gallia-Bretonia War

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, Edinburgh System, 821 A.S.

The war between Gallia and Bretonia keeps on raging, at the same time our home is being attacked by Rheinlanders. It feels damn weird that we have to be out here while we ourselves are at war, but in the end those are our orders. It took a while for our repairs to be complete back at Leeds, but now we are better equipped for war. The ship's armor was reinforced, and our weapon systems along with our damaged scanners were not only repaired, but upgraded. We now have access to the Bretonian network and can track almost all movements being done in Edinburgh. This should help with predicting when and where an attack will take place.

A few weeks later. . .

For the first time in the Akhetaten's adventures, we've been stationed with the rest of the fleet. We have been patrolling the Edinburgh system for the past weeks, nothing really popped up and that's what really worries me. Gallic forces can't have given up that soon. And that means only one thing; they are gathering even more forces for a counterattack. Let's hope it doesn't get too messy.

A few days later. . .

We are currently holding our ground against a major Gallic threat. I thought I'd record this before the fight breaks out... in case I.. We.. he sighs No. We can't lose, defeat is not an option. Their forces are slowly impulsing towards our destination. We need to stay alert, for all we know there could be more forces surrounding us, cloaked. Our fleet has been signaled to enter battle formation. May God be with us. Christopher out.

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#8. . .

RE: Captains Log: Akhetaten - Akhetaten - 06-02-2020

. . .Located file. . .Recording#9. . .
. . .Accessing. . .
. . .Uploading. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .View file. . .Recording#9. . .[Y/N]
Y
. . .Viewing file. . .Recording#9. . .

Gallia-Bretonia War

Christopher Edwards, Battleship Akhetaten, Edinburgh System, 821 A.S.

Edinburgh is a lost cause. There's no way in hell we can defend this system. Gallia's forces just keep increasing. There's really not much we can do about this. Our home is probably still at war from what I'm guessing and we are out here getting bombarded by Gallics every week. Bretonian officials have begun fortifying Dublin and Leeds, what happened in Edinburgh should not be repeated. We cannot allow any more surprise attacks. For the time being Edinburgh is presumed hostile territory, the system is overrun by Gallic forces. Our fleets are on full retreat and slowly evacuating the bases towards Leeds. This doesn't look good at all, the past year has been terrible for us. Command wants us still in Edinburgh gathering intelligence on the movements of the Gallic fleets. Outside intelligence suggests there are large fleet movements in the Newcastle system too, their headquarters seem to be a Richelieu class Battleship, the Carcassonne. I've no idea where these forces are headed, but I have a really bad feeling the Gallics will seek war in two fronts.

For now though we remain in Edinburgh and keep our eyes open. Once again our objective is to gather intelligence for our forces. The last convoy will be heading out to Leeds soon, after that we are on our own here. We can only hope nothing goes wrong.

I should be headed back to the bridge, may God be with us, Chris out.

. . .Exiting file. . .Recording#9. . .