Discovery Gaming Community
unpopular opinions thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: unpopular opinions thread (/showthread.php?tid=179734)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: unpopular opinions thread - The_Godslayer - 05-16-2020

Liberty Lawfulls are extremely full of themselves, and that's why they keep fighting oorply against random people

RE: unpopular opinions thread - pillow - 05-16-2020

A shred of restraint is all that's needed for this game to have consistently entertaining encounters. Contrary to popular belief, you don't die in real life if you die in the videogame. At this point I'd go as far as say that blue messages should be permanently disabled so peoples' egos don't get hurt as much.

People tend to stick around even after going through frustration due to a gank or whatever else because the game can also be exceptionally fun. Telling someone to "go play something else" is virtually identical to the awful "git gud" meme. Stop.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Kaine - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 03:15 PM)Pillow Wrote: At this point I'd go as far as say that blue messages should be permanently disabled so peoples' egos don't get hurt as much.

I like this.

(05-16-2020, 03:15 PM)Pillow Wrote: Telling someone to "go play something else" is virtually identical to the awful "git gud" meme. Stop.

I think "go play something else" was more of a ha-ha-he-he rather than actual advise.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Reddy - 05-16-2020

@pillow
[Image: gl9j8ZH.png]

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Backo - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 03:15 PM)Pillow Wrote: A shred of restraint is all that's needed for this game to have consistently entertaining encounters. Contrary to popular belief, you don't die in real life if you die in the videogame. At this point I'd go as far as say that blue messages should be permanently disabled so peoples' egos don't get hurt as much.

I do have to wonder how bounty hunting would work in such a system?

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Traxit - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 04:51 PM)Backo Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 03:15 PM)Pillow Wrote: A shred of restraint is all that's needed for this game to have consistently entertaining encounters. Contrary to popular belief, you don't die in real life if you die in the videogame. At this point I'd go as far as say that blue messages should be permanently disabled so peoples' egos don't get hurt as much.

If it's possible, reducing it to scanner-range.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Backo - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 04:53 PM)Traxit Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 04:51 PM)Backo Wrote:

If it's possible, reducing it to scanner-range.

That's actually pretty SMRT. Would also remove any metagaming in terms of knowing who just died where when you weren't even present.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Black.Cat - 05-16-2020

Bretonia = Anti-snubcaptonia (Capital ships very like to join to snub fight)

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Alestone - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 04:00 PM)Kaine Wrote: I think "go play something else" was more of a ha-ha-he-he rather than actual advise.

REPORT: Coffee Abuse!
Violation: Causing reader to Snarf!

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Lucifer - 05-16-2020

yes, no blue messages is good