Discovery Gaming Community
unpopular opinions thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: unpopular opinions thread (/showthread.php?tid=179734)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: unpopular opinions thread - t0l - 06-06-2020

the AR-15 is universally a superior platform than the AK

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Charo - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 09:21 PM)t0l Wrote: the AR-15 is universally a superior platform than the AK
I will fight you IRL for this take

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Grumblesaur - 06-06-2020

(05-16-2020, 07:22 PM)Binski Wrote: Yes discovery is that place where we want to simulate reality, but are also afraid to be subject to actually having to do stuff in that reality for fear of failure. Just like in real life, if you wind up last alive in a group vs group fight, you'll get ganked, its fair. If you wander into a group of enemies and get caught, you will get ganked.

But remember we don't like reality here in Disco, we cherry pick where its convenient, and many who would rather something not happen to them, don't have to deal with reality for some reason, the rules are adjusted to protect their laziness.

Discovery Freelancer:

- No cloaked spying (I can't handle being observed invisibly in a video game by someone who went to work to specialize in that activity, and certainly can't handle that I didn't keep track of my surroundings enough to not blab in open chat)

- No Caps engaging transports (because I can't handle it when someone flying a cruiser or above can still stop me and give me trouble)

- No pirate attacks on military or police ships inside house space (because we can't handle that people would prefer that to extremely limited faction ID's)

- No NEMP's in any form (because players only log out of the dream to be the killer and can't handle it when someone worked harder than them to take them out first using a highly expensive specialty weapon, and don't log out of any principle like the NEED to hold territory or protect a base. AND no NEMP events because the staff don't want whats being initiated to happen because they want to have us here wanting to do all of this, but can't handle anything new happning or changing, even with a high degree of organization and player effort)

- No ganking/escaping/ belief that all fights must break down into 1v1 or 2v3 (because we hope the other guy will just let me win because its unrealistic that a group of pilots fighting an enemy would do all they could to win the battle)

- No real wars or battles (because those with vested interests don't want to risk what they have, so the entire world remains frozen and goes UNUSED. This should include the lack of use of NPC bases or ships as objects to fight over, since we certainly couldnt handle actually having real goals (that we could fail at) or having real measurable outcomes (that might not go our way) And we hate actually being able to apply ourselves in these situations, since some players cant or wont, amd we should only appeal to them.

- Your POB doesn't actually exist (because we cant keep track of every base and its potential impact? think of the choas??? People could actually build and use bases for tactical reasons like controlling routes or territory, extending their influence. We wouldnt want people thinking they could just go and do that here?! People might be out trying all sorts of things we'd hate to put effort into keeping track of, or even wose, actually not ignore. Even more so, we'd never want to put time into moving house NPC caps around to help protect POB's, who do these players think they are??

Did I miss any? I'm pretty sure they removed NPC trade ships from Aquintaine just to prevent me from cargo farming like there was much more to do anyways. So now that is bad. But yet again, when you discover you can do something here, some minion wants it shut down because they won't compete, they just want instant gratification. I have been playing here for years against the staff and their friends it seems because they always get to change reality to win. Its like there is a group of people here that can systematically cheat and get away with it.

Discovery Freelancer Rule #1: Anything that works against me that I havent thought of doing myself, can't or won't do, should be removed, nerfed or ignored to protect me.

And that is sad.

Ironically I remember that we used to just accept that so much could happen, provided general means within the game to players (ships, technology) to decide how best to use that stuff deal with anything that may happen as it comes as best they can. Because how can we even claim there is any RP immersion left when you cant do so much and everything has to be governed by unwrittwn rules.

TL;DR: "I can't play exactly the way I want, so I am upset because I have to compromise my wishes with the wishes of others"

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Groshyr - 06-06-2020

I so f*cking want to blow up Enclave 5Kers

Also: your POB is not a pillar of the community, no matter how many people pick up ore from it to AFK trade.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Hubjump - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 10:14 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote: TL;DR: "I can't play exactly the way I want, so I am upset because I have to compromise my wishes with the wishes of others"

But that's you tho with the POB Sieges and the entire server being angry at you and your small group of offtime pob siegers.

RE: unpopular opinions thread - -Rax- - 06-06-2020

Nowadays disco is about who has the largest pob hehe

RE: unpopular opinions thread - LuckyOne - 06-06-2020

Grumble is just and older, grumpier Binski that's into PVP instead of PVE.

(But is it still PVP though, if the POB is undefended and as braindead as the AI?)

RE: unpopular opinions thread - Jeuge - 06-06-2020

Pob are for poor player

(06-06-2020, 10:53 PM)LuckyOne Wrote: Grumble is just and older, grumpier Binski that's into PVP instead of PVE.

(But is it still PVP though, if the POB is undefended and as braindead as the AI?)

It's still PVP if I'm shooting a brain dead bomber. What's your point? Player assets vs player assets. If players can't defend their base, they lose their base. I don't see why this is so hard to understand for you.