Discovery Gaming Community
Turn Gammu AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Turn Gammu AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? (/showthread.php?tid=179867)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Turn Gammu AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Lythrilux - 05-19-2020

Many attempts have come and gone to make Gammu AI into... anything.... and have failed.

I don't think the faction is going to get massively renewed interest any time soon, or even an official faction for that matter. Recall that Omicron Chi was injected with some 'Gammu AI content'. No really batted an eye, least of all Omicron factions.

I understand that this is a controversial proposal, but I think Gammu AI as a PvE faction used for missions and events within the Omicrons could actually be a neat way to make them useful. We could also probably quite easily write them a good storyline, and make them easier to use as a roleplay entity, this way.

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Czechmate - 05-19-2020

Eh please no
the ships are damned cool
And I do see people having fun with it from time to time

Like my A.I. Chef character without taste buds

If anything expand their presence so there is stuff to do!
I don't see 3 bases one of which doesn't even sell gammu ships as "many attempts"

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Venkman - 05-19-2020

Agreed. AI is even more useless than CR so deleting them or just making them, as you said, purely PvE would be the best thing that can be done to this easter egg faction.

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Uknown - 05-19-2020

Why not delete other factions?
=CR= is pretty nice, and the AI is just a bit more complicated like the Nomads to bring right now ... even his crusier is a powerful crusier ... and pretty damn agile xD hard to hit ...
and CR is now more like in trading because no war is right now ...
Is like devs should declare to delete bretonia, or liberty because of the royal navy...

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Lythrilux - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 02:55 PM)vaclav_dusek Wrote: Like my A.I. Chef character without taste buds

The thing is though... at least as far as the community's understanding of the clusterfrick that is AI lore, an AI Chef is not Gammu AI.

Alternatively, what if a generic "I am a robot" ID was introduced for such characters along with this change?

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Felsvar - 05-19-2020

I was going to create a whole shipline for A.I.

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Lythrilux - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 03:18 PM)Felsvar Wrote: I was going to create a whole shipline for A.I.

The content could still be used.

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Black.Cat - 05-19-2020

Gammu AI RP is only: /showmsgs /l1 /l2 /s1 and it is making game very boring for people who play as Gammu AI.

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Unity - 05-19-2020

We could keep all these old factions that have very little interaction on, or we could rebuild them to see if they become popular with the changes they have. I think its hard to predict what AI will look like when it has other ships in its shipline, and the role it will carry out in the Omicrons. All i see from AI is people trading in Liberty getting into trouble when they should actually be protecting humanity against the Nomad menace. They are independent, looking and caring only for themselves, which makes them a bit like Zoners. I dont think we need another Zoner like faction, something needs to change.

RE: Turn AI Into a Purely NPC/PvE Faction? - Burning - 05-19-2020

(05-19-2020, 03:04 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Alternatively, what if a generic "I am a robot" ID was introduced for such characters along with this change?

Any ID can be roleplayed as an AI. How do you imagine a generic AI ID?

Certainly there are people who would hate AI going NPC only, but I think they'd be a good replacement for the Cultists. Make AI an event faction! Cultists make no sense inRP (or do they??), Gammu AIs could go to house space, make regular AIs "come to life" and make them fight with them against humans. Sounds a bit silly, just an idea to start with.