Discovery Gaming Community
Daily Reminder - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Daily Reminder (/showthread.php?tid=179870)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Daily Reminder - Traxit - 07-24-2020

Sheeki Breeki Wrote:karlotta, be my champion

A new voice speaks criticism.
Listen. Hear me and obey, Karlotta.
A foul darkness has seeped into my mod. A darkness that you will destroy. Guide my criticism to the Temple of the Damned. And I will make you the instrument of my cleansing hammer.
Look at my mod, lying in ruins. So much for the consistency of the staff, their crafts and their hearts. If they love me not, how can my love reach them?

It is time for my splendor to return to Discovery. But the token of my truth lies buried in the ruins of my once great mod, now tainted by a profane powergamer skittering within.
The Necromancer Markam defiles my mod with vile number-bloats, trapping lost refugees left in the wake of this expansion to do his bidding. Worse still, he uses the power stored within my own token to fuel his foul deeds. I have brought you here, Karlotta, to be my champion. You will enter the mod, retrieve my logic, and destroy the defiler. Guide my memes through the mod to open the Working Group server and destroy the defiler.

Mortals call it facts & logic, for it was forged in a holy light that breaks upon my foes, burning away inconsistency and misconception. You will enter my mod, destroy Markam, and retrieve the mighty logic.
Markam has forced the doors shut. But this is my mod, and it responds to my decree. I will send down a ray of memes. Guide this through my mod and its doors will open.

in an alternate universe, some years later...

Markam is vanquished. Discovery's dead shall remain at rest. This is as it should be. This is because of you, Karlotta.
A new day is dawning. And you shall be its herald. Take the mighty logic and with it purge corruption from the dark corners of the mod. Wield it in my name - Shiki - so that my influence may grow.

May the memes guide your efforts.

/s

RE: Daily Reminder - Shiki - 07-24-2020

very cool

you should put that in infocard somehwere

RE: Daily Reminder - Jeuge - 07-24-2020

(07-24-2020, 11:18 AM)Traxit Wrote:
Sheeki Breeki Wrote:karlotta, be my champion

A new voice speaks criticism.
Listen. Hear me and obey, Karlotta.
A foul darkness has seeped into my mod. A darkness that you will destroy. Guide my criticism to the Temple of the Damned. And I will make you the instrument of my cleansing hammer.
Look at my mod, lying in ruins. So much for the consistency of the staff, their crafts and their hearts. If they love me not, how can my love reach them?

It is time for my splendor to return to Discovery. But the token of my truth lies buried in the ruins of my once great mod, now tainted by a profane powergamer skittering within.
The Necromancer Markam defiles my mod with vile number-bloats, trapping lost refugees left in the wake of this expansion to do his bidding. Worse still, he uses the power stored within my own token to fuel his foul deeds. I have brought you here, Karlotta, to be my champion. You will enter the mod, retrieve my logic, and destroy the defiler. Guide my memes through the mod to open the Working Group server and destroy the defiler.

Mortals call it facts & logic, for it was forged in a holy light that breaks upon my foes, burning away inconsistency and misconception. You will enter my mod, destroy Markam, and retrieve the mighty logic.
Markam has forced the doors shut. But this is my mod, and it responds to my decree. I will send down a ray of memes. Guide this through my mod and its doors will open.

in an alternate universe, some years later...

Markam is vanquished. Discovery's dead shall remain at rest. This is as it should be. This is because of you, Karlotta.
A new day is dawning. And you shall be its herald. Take the mighty logic and with it purge corruption from the dark corners of the mod. Wield it in my name - Shiki - so that my influence may grow.

May the memes guide your efforts.

/s

it big

RE: Daily Reminder - Shiki - 07-25-2020

[Image: 8T8zPqC.png]

RE: Daily Reminder - Paddy. - 07-25-2020

(07-24-2020, 04:35 AM)Hemlocke Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 12:23 AM)Paddy. Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 09:42 AM)Groshyr Wrote: Retcon Leeds soon ™. Planetform can terraform it now!

No, don't.

Leave it for the AI to settle as the radiation is their food/energy, and it would be cool to have a fascinating faction develop beyond Kappa.

It is similar to Planet Gammu in many ways.

I think that's an interesting idea, but AI don't really have a substantial presence

That is very true, and by having AI moving into more "mainstream" parts of Sirius and even Gallia, it would bring opportunities for a more substantial presence. Varieties of AI RP.

RE: Daily Reminder - Groshyr - 07-25-2020

Does radioactive damage makes your presence on Leeds surface a bit uncomfortable?

RE: Daily Reminder - Paddy. - 07-26-2020

(07-25-2020, 11:38 AM)Groshyr Wrote: Does radioactive damage makes your presence on Leeds surface a bit uncomfortable?

Good question. For the GAI Lore? Not at all. It is, after all, the similar type of environment on Planet Gammu.

"Planet Gammu is a highly inhospitable ice world that is ruthlessly battered by the radioactive solar winds of Kappa's dangerously active star..."

That is why iridium ore mining is so important to the GAI. The alloys, layers and laminations of various materials with iridium negate embrittling, hardening and adverse conductivity effects.

Abrasion from aerosol particulates, harsh winds/mega storms (due to nuclear winter), and crust upheavals and the like are more of a problem.

RE: Daily Reminder - Jeuge - 07-26-2020

(07-26-2020, 12:02 AM)Paddy. Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 11:38 AM)Groshyr Wrote: Does radioactive damage makes your presence on Leeds surface a bit uncomfortable?

Good question. For the GAI Lore? Not at all. It is, after all, the similar type of environment on Planet Gammu.

"Planet Gammu is a highly inhospitable ice world that is ruthlessly battered by the radioactive solar winds of Kappa's dangerously active star..."

That is why iridium ore mining is so important to the GAI. The alloys, layers and laminations of various materials with iridium negate embrittling, hardening and adverse conductivity effects.

Abrasion from aerosol particulates, harsh winds/mega storms (due to nuclear winter), and crust upheavals and the like are more of a problem.

Ok. :]

Gammu is a natural formation, Leeds isn't, I mean for AI they're just going to fall on a desert planet, with no resources.
Leeds is empty, there's nothing to do. Unless you want to be the Tusken of Leeds. xD

RE: Daily Reminder - Shiki - 07-26-2020

look what i found on twitter

[Image: WcbLHT5.jpg]

i am not alone in this world

RE: Daily Reminder - Groshyr - 07-26-2020

(07-26-2020, 02:24 AM)Jeuge Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 12:02 AM)Paddy. Wrote:

Ok. :]

Gammu is a natural formation, Leeds isn't, I mean for AI they're just going to fall on a desert planet, with no resources.
Leeds is empty, there's nothing to do. Unless you want to be the Tusken of Leeds. xD

This is not correct. Leeds has a lot of scrap on surface.