Discovery Gaming Community
>>: The Order - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: >>: The Order (/showthread.php?tid=180015)

Pages: 1 2

>>: The Order - Reeves - 05-23-2020

[Image: 1OhLyHQ.gif]

to: <"the order">
reg: ""<engine>""

Whoever this reaches.

This is largely an informal matter so I've relegated it to a temporary channel rather than reusing one of our diplomatic lines and wiring it through there. This will naturally be a brief request because I don't have a substantial reason for it besides a personal desire, but I would like to purchase one of the engine units your organization produces for use on my own ship. I figured I would clear this with you first before I sent somebody by to get it for me.

""is this acceptable?""

[Image: ZgnavNI.png]

RE: >>: The Order - Reeves - 05-25-2020

recipient edited

RE: >>: The Order - Promotheus - 05-25-2020

[Image: HAcCDJ4.png?1]
WEDJAT SHADOW NETWORK
CONNECTION

ESTABLISHED
ENCRYPTION

CLASSIFIED

SOL|13379001|

[Image: P9iHz95.jpg]
Colonel Solandros

Encrypted Wedjat Shadow Network Transmission

● RECIPIENTS:
● SENDER:
● LOCATION:
● PRIORITY:
● SUBJECT:
XA-Cobra
Colonel Solandros
Planet Akabat, Omicron Mu
█ █ █ █ █
"<Engine>"

Hail Cobra.

First allow me to introduce myself, I am agent Solandros, a Colonel in the Order Overwatch.
It has been some time since we heard from our Xenos allies in Liberty,

I doubt procuring this engine for your vessel will prove troublesome, what class of vessel are we talking about?

Colonel Solandros,
Signing out.

RE: >>: The Order - Reeves - 05-25-2020

Solandros.

The vessel in question is a Prosecutor, so the engine units I'd need would have to be for a fighter-class vessel with a heavy frame. At the outset I'd like to clarify a few things, most importantly what kind of fuel do your propulsion systems rely on and what sort of configuration are they based off of? I'm going to assume you built off the HN series, but I've never really seen the units for myself.

""let me know""

RE: >>: The Order - Promotheus - 05-26-2020

[Image: HAcCDJ4.png?1]
WEDJAT SHADOW NETWORK
CONNECTION

ESTABLISHED
ENCRYPTION

CLASSIFIED

SOL|13379001|

[Image: P9iHz95.jpg]
Colonel Solandros

Encrypted Wedjat Shadow Network Transmission

● RECIPIENTS:
● SENDER:
● LOCATION:
● PRIORITY:
● SUBJECT:
XA-Cobra
Colonel Solandros
Planet Akabat, Omicron Mu
█ █ █ █ █
"<Engine>"

Hail Cobra.

I'm afraid exact specifications are classified as I expect you'll understand, rest assured however the engine is compatible with most vessels.
Hellfire ships should prove to be no exception, the same goes regarding it's fueling systems.
You'll find the conventional fuel options available in Liberty to be fully compatible.

If you are still interested, please feel free to let me know when you intend to come pick it up.
I will make sure that one of our engines is reserves for you.

Colonel Solandros,
Signing out.

RE: >>: The Order - Reeves - 05-26-2020

Solandros.

If the exact specifications are classified then that means I won't understand the nature of the equipment being fitted onto my ship. I take that sort of thing very seriously and I won't use what I don't understand as a safeguard against irreparable consequences to a configuration with such an obsessive amount of tuning, on a frame that has served me well since I assumed this position.

""forget i asked""

RE: >>: The Order - Omicron - 05-26-2020

[Image: 1Id6eUb.gif]

Engine

To Cobra.

Engines built by and for The Order and its allies are covered by clause of non-disclosure. All blueprints and documents that could be used to reverse engineer and build unsanctioned copies are locked away in our secure production facilities deep in Omicron space. I believe you are protective of your limited technology more than most, so you should understand our procedures.

I can however explain what exactly you are asking to mount on your Prosecutor. It is a Direct Fusion Drive, an efficient piece of technology that provides not only thrust but also serves a function of auxiliary power plant to supply electricity to the ship's subsystem till the fuel lasts. Every civilized Sirian adopted fusion power in some capacity and we are no exception. H-Fuel is the only accepted fuel and there are no conversion kits that could allow it to run off fission or other solutions. Quality of fuel will directly translate into health of the engine. High content of deuterium and Helium 3 in the mix will keep the drive run on low stress and maintain long longevity that previous HN models are famous for.

One disadvantage you need to know about is that this drive directly vents radioactivity when active though the nozzle. Though for it to become a problem, one would need to stand much closer than it is recommended to any modern propulsion drive in use today. As per tradition, engines are sturdy and resistant to environmental damage and weapon’s fire at expense of ease of maintenance. We burn ours to their operational limits or send them back to the factory for a refit. It also means that individual tampering and ‘tuning’ will irreparably not only compromise its inbuilt resilience by design but also potentially setting it to operate at dangerous, untested values.

As someone who worked on small spacecraft with nothing but stolen, locally sourced or salvaged parts prior to joining up with The Order, I suggest picking up an ‘open source’ HN or something manufactured on Bretonian or Libertonian licence. The streamlining of The Order's Fusion Drives will make an impression of something you would rather find in Liberty Navy than alternate fighting force's hangar.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
1st Battlegroup "Wargods", Black Fleet

RE: >>: The Order - Reeves - 03-29-2021

[Image: 3aBsSZy.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: nywl1dn.gif]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: The Order
Subject: Patented Propulsion

I changed my mind.

If an engine unit of yours can be spared, then I will accept it and have it installed as per procedure on my personal craft. Circumstances have changed over time and I no longer rely on the rigid Legion tech that the rest of the cause still maintains stocks of. My Eagle's mostly stock save for cosmetic changes and rigging where reasonable.

Sound good?

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.

RE: >>: The Order - Omicron - 03-30-2021

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

Re-evaluation

Ah, Cobra. It is good to hear that you had not been buried in the mess that is called Liberty. If I was superstitious, you bringing up the ‘Legion’ would have been considered psychic premonition right now. Whatever is left of them, now called Insurgency Navy have bloodied The Order without slightest provocation. I too would not trust Legions engineers now that their manpower intermingled with Liberty Navy’s 2nd grade rejects that skulked around Bering.

To the point, I can send an agent with the engine components stored in the cargo hold to a place of your choosing in House of Liberty, today even. The material cost is 4 million SC plus half million SC for fuel, maintenance and hazard rating. Our last flyby though Independent Worlds triggered such aggression from insurrectionist pilots that I started to wonder whether the last Core pilot I splashed on the asteroid in Omicron Zeta happened to be their Admiral’s parental figure or other sentimental mascot.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
1st Battlegroup "Wargods", Black Fleet

RE: >>: The Order - Reeves - 03-30-2021

[Image: 3aBsSZy.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: nywl1dn.gif]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: The Order
Subject: Patented Propulsion

Fair pricing given the distance and associated risks.

But as an added bonus please have these consolatory exhibitions of violent retribution. Entirely free of charge of course. In any event, send your person to Colorado, I'll receive them warmly.

READ ONLY ACCESS.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.