Discovery Gaming Community
I don't appreciate! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: I don't appreciate! (/showthread.php?tid=180068)

Pages: 1 2 3

I don't appreciate! - Mick - 05-25-2020

As a player i do not appreciate anything on my forum account changed without notification - Others may appreciate it but i do not - If my signature was too big remove it and notify me but do not change it and not tell me!

A notification would have been more professional than changing it to something pathetically stupid to amuse yourselves no?

RE: I don't appreciate! - Alex. - 05-25-2020

I don't know what your signature was changed to exactly (it appears to be empty?) but altering signatures that are in violation of the rules has been standard practice for as long as I've been around.

RE: I don't appreciate! - Thesacattack - 05-25-2020

Well, at least you don't let the little things in life bother you

RE: I don't appreciate! - darkwind - 05-25-2020

Usually, it would be nice hiding violating signatures under spoilers

RE: I don't appreciate! - Champ - 05-25-2020

So, of course, a signature being too big violates the rules, and depending on the degree of overstep, is potentially a very unpleasant browsing experience. So, our interest is in rectifying that first and foremost.

The chase I should be cutting to is that PMing is an additional workload that would normally be incurred when dealing with other sorts of matters that don't require the workload of editing a signature.

As someone who spent hours creating and, who has technically been refining the image you were gifted over years, I'm disappointed you think it's pathetically stupid. I spent quite some time deciding on and finding fonts. Too many fonts. I even left your original signature without its img tags so that you didn't lose the link, in case you might. Some people quite like this sig.

Also, changing a sig is something that is very obvious to the user, and perhaps even more effective than a PM. If you have such a view, you can consider that your punishment for breaking forum rules was having a free hand-crafted signature that someone else chose on your profile for a period of *checks notes* four hours.

In future, I will consider the cost/benefit of sending a PM to users whose signatures are changed to avoid this situation.

[Image: 3g36cXm.png]

For reference, this is the art piece to which I refer:

[Image: rbXqL1J.png]

RE: I don't appreciate! - Skorak - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 11:47 AM)darkwind Wrote: Usually, it would be nice hiding violating signatures under spoilers

That still loads images with too big a filesize.

(05-25-2020, 11:52 AM)Skorak Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 11:47 AM)darkwind Wrote: Usually, it would be nice hiding violating signatures under spoilers

That still loads images with too big a filesize.

New easy solution.
Send copy of violating signature code to user PM (With the notification, you did bad ;b)
and feel free to delete it.

RE: I don't appreciate! - Champ - 05-25-2020

I still prefer to remove BBCode img tags, as that preserves formatting etc., but disables the image, which is usually the problematic thing. The sig is to make an example of the violation and advertise the rules, in the same way that sanction notices are publicised.

(05-25-2020, 11:57 AM)Champ Wrote: I still prefer to remove BBCode img tags, as that preserves formatting etc., but disables the image, which is usually the problematic thing. The sig is to make an example of the violation and advertise the rules, in the same way that sanction notices are publicised.

Good solution as well. Just corrupting img tags or something like that.

RE: I don't appreciate! - Kalhmera - 05-25-2020

Perhaps the OP got a bit emotional and didn't realize why their sig was changed. However this begs the question, shouldn't staff send pms when they remove something so the user knows? As long as I have been here the staff would reduce the image size or outright remove it and put - Removed for x reason, (insert Staff name here).