Discovery Gaming Community
buy/resale ratio - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: buy/resale ratio (/showthread.php?tid=18013)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

buy/resale ratio - Earl.Jacob - 03-18-2009

I would like to know what it is, and if possible, could we raise it.

i think that it is kinda fail you buy a ship for 30 mil and only get 12 mil back. or, buy the mk Viii armor for 15.6 mil and get 4.5 mil? back.

would it be possible for that to be raised so we can atleast get the credits back at a larger rate. say, buy something for 30 mil and get 75% back compared to the what? 40% that we get now?

buy/resale ratio - tazuras - 03-18-2009

I kinda like it where it is at, I mean how much do you do you get back for a used car. Also It makes people take their ship purchases seriously, just like most characters would, how can that be a bad thing?

well, some of us players, like me, have a bad habit of wasting credits on a ship we think we want, but then decided that this is not the ship that fits my rp. so now i have to sell it, but hate to do so due to the fact that i'll get a crappy resale price.

anyway, i figure this will be a flame thread by just reading your reply. sorry to suggest something.

buy/resale ratio - Tenacity - 03-18-2009

use open singleplayer to test ships before buying them on the server, srsly.

thanks spambot 4000 for that reply, was very insightful, i had never thought of that.

but now we're geting off subject. i would like to know about the buy/resale ratios and about changing them.

buy/resale ratio - tazuras - 03-18-2009

I apologize if my reply claim off as flame-y, it was not intended to at all. Is there something I could do to not sound this way on the future because I really am clueless about what I said that was flame-like? I suppose I was a little dismissive, here's a more fleshed out response:

I think there is merit to you're argument, losing half of a couple hundred million represents a lot of time spent making money. Not everyone has time to do that over and over again. I guess I have trouble relating to your specific problem though because I generally do a lot of research into a ship of that size before I buy it. I read the infocard, get to know the faction and faction history, figure out what kind of player generally uses the ship and research the ships stats. I always outline the RP of the character in writing before buying the ship as well. I guess I just dont understand rushing into that kind of thing, think you could help me understand it better?

buy/resale ratio - Primus Avatar - 03-18-2009

What tazuras is doing is completely right. Thus, no need to change the buy/sell ratio.

seriously, Tenacity gave the answer any of us would and tazuras explained everything properly.

buy/resale ratio - El Nino - 03-18-2009

The buy/resale ratio is very educational, and serves as good upbringing in to real life...

buy/resale ratio - reavengitair - 03-18-2009

Its very good as it is - the only thing I hate is that when I run out of money (and I mean really run out of money from spending too much on random stuff which I usually end up deleting) I have to sell my armor... Which I only get 4mil back.

buy/resale ratio - Grumblesaur - 03-18-2009

Always have at least 10 mil extra for any large ship, and 4 mil for freighters or lower.