Discovery Gaming Community
Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? (/showthread.php?tid=180213)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - SnakThree - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 05:56 PM)FrodoTheFluffy Wrote: More hull points - hmmmm - Still get stuck in a gravity well you're going down quick doesn't matter how many hull points you got! At least if you got nano bots you got a chance of survival my feelings stand i think it's a silly idea personally!

You seem to not understand how nanobots merging into hull would still equal same TOTAL HULL POINTS.

If ship has 100.000 armor and 200 nanobots, that's total of 220.000 hullpoints.

If ship had 220.000 armor and no nanobots... That's total of 220.000 hull points.

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Karst - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 05:56 PM)FrodoTheFluffy Wrote: More hull points - hmmmm - Still get stuck in a gravity well you're going down quick doesn't matter how many hull points you got! At least if you got nano bots you got a chance of survival my feelings stand i think it's a silly idea personally!

This isn't about "feelings". You are simply misunderstanding the mechanics here.

Whether you have 300 000 health and 540 000 health worth of nanobots, or just 840 000 health is the same thing. Your chance of survival is identical.

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Mick - 05-29-2020

Honestly i couldn't care less! I have made my feelings clear if you don't like that then thats your issue it seems atm the community is in more in favour of it not merging! Wether i understand or not doesn't make a difference! What i personally feel does and thats what you got!

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Karst - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 06:04 PM)FrodoTheFluffy Wrote: Honestly i couldn't care less! I have made my feelings clear if you don't like that then thats your issue it seems atm the community is in more in favour of it not merging! Wether i understand or not doesn't make a difference! What i personally feel does and thats what you got!

Are you just trolling or did you just unironically state that you not understanding the mechanics being discussed doesn't matter, only your feelings do?

Says a lot about the value of attaching polls to discussions like this, really.

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Jayce - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 06:04 PM)FrodoTheFluffy Wrote: Honestly i couldn't care less! I have made my feelings clear if you don't like that then thats your issue it seems atm the community is in more in favour of it not merging! Wether i understand or not doesn't make a difference! What i personally feel does and thats what you got!

This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. Your "feelies" are based on ignorance of a game mechanic. Your feelings are objectively wrong.

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Shiki - 05-29-2020

Big no.

Nanobots and their usage are gameplay element, stop taking gameplay away from the game, thank you.

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Mick - 05-29-2020

Okay let me explain myself before you turn this into yet another forum topic that is just a wash of arguments!

The qestion stood do you want to see Nano Bots merged into hull

I stated no rendered my vote and explained why! Completely relelvant!

you then instead of explaining the mechanics brought my comment to a detrimental light therefore arguing my feelings!

You then finally explained yourself and made yourself undestood which you should have done first off to reduce this animosity that has now came about!

My feelings are my feelings they may be wrong to you but they are my feelings while i may not understand the mechanics that does not make my personal feelings any less irellevant so i state it!

Does that make me a troll? No! What puts it into a troll state is you not accepting my feelings and continuing to bring animosity into the thread by arguing my point after you have already made it pretty clear where you stand! There truly is no need to take this argument any fuurther lest you make yourself look bad!

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - axisdeus - 05-29-2020

‘The Death of Expertise’ explores how Ignorance became a virtue, and why people (especially snowflakes) stating their opinions, even those completely and utterly ridiculous, DEMAND to be given credit for them and be considered on the same level with expert's opinions . A very topical book, I recommend it to everyone. That, and Brennan's "Against Democracy".

On the matter, the only issues I'd possibly see regards the repair costs of a ship that suffered damage (especially environmental damage to equipment), a thing that could have been bypassed somehow by using nano bots.

I've not played in a while, not sure if the repair costs got scaled down, but last time, they scaled with the cost of the equipment being damaged. Also, not sure if bigger transports are affected by radiation damage, except in a few zones with high intensity.

Cheers!

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - Redcroft - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 05:35 PM)Karlotta Wrote: I'd prefer if armor, guns, and shields no longer took up cargo space. It seems there are better ways than managing what ship can mount what stuff than cargo space, that didnt exist when the cargo space method was implemented.

+1

RE: Do you want to see transport nanobots merged into hull? - E X O D I T E - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 06:20 PM)Shiki Wrote: Nanobots and their usage are gameplay element, stop taking gameplay away from the game, thank you.

Ew, actually playing the game.

I thought everyone just stood around and complained about it, only logging in to snipe activity, then logging out.

I honestly like having transports possessing Nanobots because I like to survive longer in pvp and be a vulture when I blow up someone who still had regens left (which happens a bunch when you fly battletransports and get a lucky barrage in on most deshielded snubs).