Discovery Gaming Community
New to Discovery. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: New to Discovery. (/showthread.php?tid=180279)

New to Discovery. - SilveradoNL - 05-31-2020

Greetings everyone, my name is Silverado.

The last time i played Freelancer was about 12+ years ago.
Earlier this week i found out about the Discovery mod, and decided to install FL again to try it out.
It was quite surprising to see just how extensive the Discovery mod is, and i am happy that there is still such a active community around it. (happy)

My pilot names:
Silverado (Freelancer ID)
Silver-Trader (Imperial Shipping ID)
Hitman-14 (Bounty Hunters Guild ID)

See you in space!

RE: New to Discovery. - jammi - 05-31-2020

Welcome to the server! If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to ask here or on the official Discord server. Smile

RE: New to Discovery. - Pennyfield - 05-31-2020

Welcome back buddy.

It must be so exciting for you to discover all which has changed from the last time you played. Rest assured you are welcome back to what I think is a great community of people playing an old game being kept alive.

Now you most likely already done so but do read up on the House Roleplay Laws and also the Discovery NavMap. These and any other stuff on the forums, will serve you well.

Once more, welcome back veteran!

RE: New to Discovery. - Archaetherial - 05-31-2020

It's always great to see old players return to Discovery.

Welcome back!

I've actually seen a couple of Hitmen with different discriminators recently, I was thinking that maybe it's a new group. Have you brought friends with you?

RE: New to Discovery. - SilveradoNL - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 04:03 PM)Pennyfield Wrote: It must be so exciting for you to discover all which has changed from the last time you played.

Yeah most definitely, i am having a blast over here!
Seeing new systems with strange looking gates, new factions, new ships and player owned bases is so cool, especially combined with this whole new ID system and its RP aspects.
On my first day i seen a ship using its cloaking device. I did not even know such a device existed in Discovery, you should have seen my face. (happy)
Also i might be misremembering, but did the Rhineland station NPC's always speak German? I have the normal 'English' version of the game, and i can't remember them ever doing that.

(05-31-2020, 04:03 PM)Pennyfield Wrote: Now you most likely already done so but do read up on the House Roleplay Laws and also the Discovery NavMap. These and any other stuff on the forums, will serve you well.

Yes i have already read up on on the Server rules, and RP rules.
I can't say i remember every little detail, since there is so much of it. but most of it is self-explanatory.
I was lucky to find that map you linked and this Discovery Tutorial Database on my second day playing, and i've been digging through this wealth of information since then.

RE: New to Discovery. - SilveradoNL - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 04:32 PM)Archaetherial Wrote: I've actually seen a couple of Hitmen with different discriminators recently, I was thinking that maybe it's a new group. Have you brought friends with you?

Not friends i brought no, but friends i made here. I struck up a conversation with a experienced pilot in the Pennsylvania system who offered to show me the ropes.
I asked him a bunch of questions i had about the game, and in return he offered me a place in the newly created Hitman group. (Good deal i would say.)
The group consists mostly out of new pilots like me, so far we have been doing combat missions, finding and running good trade routes, and we are about to start our first venture into mining.

RE: New to Discovery. - Archaetherial - 05-31-2020

Good to know you've already made friends.

RE: New to Discovery. - Mick - 05-31-2020

If you want a hand with mining i got a mining ship by the silver and diamond fileds in the Omegas if ya need an extra miner hit me up