Discovery Gaming Community
A mission to Alaska? That can't be right. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: A mission to Alaska? That can't be right. (/showthread.php?tid=18049)

Pages: 1 2

A mission to Alaska? That can't be right. - drbenthewise - 03-19-2009

So while trying to fix some of my reputation, I stumbled upon a mission that led me right into the minefield guarding the Alaska system. I'm almost POSITIVE that even with a nice waypoint, that horrible addition to the game isn't going to allow me to safely traverse it.

So disco, without throwing another 1000 RP "Hurr Durr I dunno what Alaska is!!" or "I'm not at Liberty to say that!" bulls*** messages at me, can I get a real answer to my question?

I'd rather not get angry at a rather simple subject. :angry:

A mission to Alaska? That can't be right. - greasemunky - 03-19-2009

It's just the code making a random mission, and the random location just happened to be there.

A mission to Alaska? That can't be right. - Derkylos - 03-19-2009

It -is- possible to enter the minefield via the opening in the mines, however, you should not do it unless you are LSF or LN.

Missions are decidedly odd in what they wish you to do/go...I have had a "destroy installation" mission with the waypoint on Buffalo (LN mission), as well as a RM mission, again "destroy installation", asking me to blow up the new Unioner base in Hamburg.

It would be nice, however, if the missions in Alaska, at least, could be removed...

' Wrote:It -is- possible to enter the minefield via the opening in the mines, however, you should not do it unless you are LSF or LN.

Missions are decidedly odd in what they wish you to do/go...I have had a "destroy installation" mission with the waypoint on Buffalo (LN mission), as well as a RM mission, again "destroy installation", asking me to blow up the new Unioner base in Hamburg.

It would be nice, however, if the missions in Alaska, at least, could be removed...

Just out of curiosity... where is this hole? I've always wondered where it was after I played Single Player...

A mission to Alaska? That can't be right. - Boss - 03-19-2009

Umm, fly along the edge from the Dread to the gate. You'll find it.

' Wrote:Umm, fly along the edge from the Dread to the gate. You'll find it.

Now when you say "Dread"... you're referring to... ? =/

There's only the one in New York...

' Wrote:There's only the one in New York...
I'm guessing you're referring to some type of battleship or base? (keep in mind that I'm very new to learning the actual NAMES of things... I used to just name things myself =/ )

' Wrote:I'm guessing you're referring to some type of battleship or base? (keep in mind that I'm very new to learning the actual NAMES of things... I used to just name things myself =/ )

Ah. Yes. Of course.

Missouri. The thing that tends to blow people apart who shoot NPCs near it. Manhattan>Fort Bush>Norfolk Shipyard

' Wrote:Ah. Yes. Of course.

Missouri. The thing that tends to blow people apart who shoot NPCs near it. Manhattan>Fort Bush>Norfolk Shipyard

I squeezed perpendicular to the Missouri and flew straight towards the gate. Started blowing up so I immediately threw the thrusters in reverse... something else I should be doing maybe? =/

Edit: Giving up. There just doesn't seem to be a way in there. Dropping the mission now. =_=
One would think the Disco forums already has some kind of explanation on how to get in there, but I guess I gave it too much credit. Back to shipping passengers I suppose... *sad face*