Discovery Gaming Community
De-Re-Naming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: De-Re-Naming (/showthread.php?tid=180616)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

De-Re-Naming - Kaze - 06-09-2020

Hi. The team is currently studying the proposal to de-rename all systems/solars that were renamed over the course of the past years. While this was already proposed to the SWG (Story Working Groups), the community should also provide input.

Example: Exeter -> Omega-49 and Planet Exeter -> Gran Canaria.

Here is a full list of such.
  • Aquitaine -> Edinburgh
  • Exeter -> O-49
  • Nottingham -> O-3
  • Brittany -> Orkney
  • Planet Exeter -> Gran Canaria
  • Planet Bordeaux -> Planet Gaia
  • Planet Nottingham -> Planet Sprague
  • Planet Bayonne -> Planet Ayr
  • Planet Pau -> Planet Glenn
  • Planet Anaheim -> Planet California Minor

There was already the mention, in the SWGs, of reverting the Omicrons naming convention back to its numerals, but that for the meantime in under review by the team, since it was done due to the original naming not fitting the regional convention. But it is under review.

If we have missed anything, do point it out. And do vote.

<3

RE: De-Re-Naming - Mephistoles - 06-09-2020

I vote in favour of restoring the original names.

RE: De-Re-Naming - jammi - 06-09-2020

It's worth noting that this isn't a retcon - factions controlling the renamed bases/territories will continue to use the revised names in-universe, and there may be references to those revised names in the relevant infocards / news articles. This proposal is mostly about retaining continuity on the navmap itself, to avoid confusing people.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Monsieur Baguette - 06-09-2020

I vote against - it devalues the RP field of the factions that de facto have control in the systems. New names fit the RP and do not impede the gameplay.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Traxit - 06-09-2020

(06-09-2020, 03:40 PM)Monsieur Baguette Wrote: I vote against - it devalues the RP field of the factions that de facto have control in the systems. New names fit the RP and do not impede the gameplay.

Agreed.

RE: De-Re-Naming - axisdeus - 06-09-2020

The world is confusing!

They worked to have them changed at such, let them be as such. Until someone else puts in the effort and the RP to warrant another change.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Groshyr - 06-09-2020

:thonking: Most of these names are belong to Enclave space except for very few. As @Monsieur Baguette said, it devalues the RP and story development made before. Of course it is not the first time when you retcon things but "new" names are not only for RP but to present that the faction took this space under their control.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Reeves - 06-09-2020

I love the rank hypocrisy this is exposing, but yes, we should revert all the names back to what they were originally called.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Karst - 06-09-2020

What if I agree with some renames, but not others?
For example, the rename of Omega-3 to Nottingham was completely unacceptable, just another vulgar expression of Devtonian powergaming nonsense.

Whereas with the developments in Aquitaine it makes a lot of sense, awkward as it would be for the system to retain its Bretonian naming while under complete Enclave control.

RE: De-Re-Naming - Venkman - 06-09-2020

Cool and good change. Also, nothing is stopping you from RPing unique names for systems. I personally do it on Hessians as they have their own names for different systems.

People shouldn't have to be forced to call Omega-3 Nottingham, it is fine if Bretonia Gov calls Omega-3 Nottingham, but the common name should be the old one i.e. Omega-3 and such.