Discovery Gaming Community
Whispers of the past - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Whispers of the past (/showthread.php?tid=180852)

Pages: 1 2

Whispers of the past - Megaera - 06-16-2020

The Shrine, Kinkaku-ji, Shikoku

The only sound in the large central hall of Kinkaku-ji, a high roofed dome-like structure, was the flowing water of the small but powerful stream flowing through the garden that surrounded the Edo Japan inspired structure in the center and the footsteps of the woman approaching it.

Ever since the Shrine of Kinkaku-ji was completed, several Sisters had been tending to the gardens, which was growing in a delicate artificial atmosphere and after roughly a year, the garden was blooming with several types of flowers. A circular ring of lamps was providing the artificial sunlight needed for the growth. Aya's footsteps stirred the sandy road which twisted along the grassy fields, towards the central structure like a snake.

The shoji door silently slid open as she entered the temple. Her purple kimono trailing behind her, she left her zori at the door. She entered the first room and walked towards the small water basin. She dipped her hands into the basin and touched her forhead. Then she placed her hands on her shoulders and elbows, before moving into the next room.

The next room as a long corridor of motionless water. Aya walked down the steps untill her feet were submerged into the cool water. Her purple kimono was floating behind her as she walked through the water. She looked down to see her reflection look back at her, slightly disturbed by the rippling of the water.

At the end of the corridor, stone steps lead her out of the water. She shoved the Shoji screen open and entered the third chamber, brightly illuminated by the many candles surrounding the shrine. Among several of the priestesses, she spotted Kiku. Aya walked up to her and made a bow to the statue of Amaterasu.

Blessings of Amaterasu to you Kiku-san. I need to consult you about one of our Sisters. Saya Hiroyuki. You might have heard already, but she and her crew were part of the Sisterhood before vanishing for 10 years when her movement broke up. Along with this, they took alot of artifacts and writings with them. As you are one of the most knowledgeable peaple about GC writings and relics, I would like you to help me and see how this development can benefit our Sisterhood.

RE: Whispers of the past - Shinju - 06-16-2020

The Shrine

Kiku was engaged in conversation about upcoming events and ceremonies with other priestesses in the shrine. They were consulting recent events and turn outs, but mostly this conversation consisted of nodding and and silent talking. Aya's arrival however hasn't gone unnoticed, because Kiku had Direct sight of the entrance in the circle of young woman. Priestesses nodded and bowed down slightly as Aya approached, then they departed to other sections and corners, leaving Kiku And Aya alone to talk in private. Kiku bowed her head, she was wearing her green suit with red ornaments, not really casual but also not ceremonial suit she wears quite often.

"I am not against new, well rather old knowledge in possession of one of the sisters in Gen'an. You can consider me interested and you can count on my help if it's needed. So what's the plan? "

RE: Whispers of the past - Drakaisyl - 06-19-2020

Dressed in her ritual clothing Saya slowly walked down the corridor. She was barefood as she was always when she walked the halls of Kinkaku-ji. It was her own way to show this sacred place her respect by not carrying any dirt from her shoes into the Shrine. Some of the Sisters she met looked at her - especially at the mask she wore. It was uncommon in the sisterhood for someone to wear mask even when she was with her sisters.

Saya slowly walked on. Not looking left or right, only straight to the door to the main shrine. When reaching the door her fingers ran over the door, as if she would follow paintings or carvings - which obviously weren't there. Taking a deep breath she finally touched the door to open it.

After she completed the rituals needed to enter the main temple she entered the main structure. The special arrangement of candles made the red crystal of her mask shimmer and the pearls she had aound her neck look like blaze. She noticed the pristress and a other sister within her talk. Giving them a small nod she walked on to one of the few side shrines. Reaching one of them she kneeled down bowed shortly.Then carefully she removed the maks and placed it in front of her. She then closed her eyes and her lips formed silent preyers.

RE: Whispers of the past - Megaera - 06-20-2020

Aya sat down on the pillow infront of Kiku.

"You might have realised the sacred festival of Matsuda will take place again in a few days. Last time it ended up in an unfortunate confrontation between us and other cell of the Golden Chrysanthemums. Have you already decided about this year's festivities? I will exclude them from this year's festival for breaking the peace last time. They drew weapons against me, something I will not tollerate.

About Saya. She arrived in Kusari some time again, in possession of a Shukensha liner which carried the items I mentioned. She wanted to speak to me about them, but I prefer you to be present. For all my knowledge of GC history, I am less knowledgeable than the religious circles."

RE: Whispers of the past - Shinju - 06-21-2020

The Shrine

Kiku was carefully listening to every word as new thoughts poured into her mind. She didn't forget about annual festival, yet her focus was directed elsewhere, now it's a good time to think about it. Kiku nodded and walked to a small counter in the corner where she prepares two cups of lotus tea. Few seconds later she had returned back to Aya and sat down in opposite direction, facing Aya and taking a deep breath.

"It makes sense you want to exclude my misguided sisters, their grudge is real and was proven to be true last year. Just rumors were enough for me. However otherwise I am not opposed to it, even though I must admit I haven't given it a thought yet. About Says, I guess she is the woman which passed by few minutes ago, hai? She is mysterious, I like it. Hopefully she will join us soon, so we can test her skills and see what's she offering."

RE: Whispers of the past - Megaera - 06-21-2020

Aya took off her golden mask and placed it besides. She took up the cup of lotus tea Kiku offered her and took a sip. She nodded at her words and set the tea aside.

"The 'Kingiku No Seiyaku Matsuri' almost ended up in a civil war. We should try and prevent such disjointed outcome this year. Especially with an already very delicate political climate. However, the Gen'an movement has only grown stronger since the festival. I believe Matsuda looks favourable on us. So perhaps a little chaos is only the path to progress."

Ishikawa noticed Saya praying at one of the shrines and waited for her to be done before gesturing her to join them.

"Konnichiwa, Hiroyuki-san. This is High Priestess Kiwako, keeper of the Shrine and its mysteries. She is more knowledgeable than I about the artifacts you brought with you on your return to Kusari, so I asked her to join us."

RE: Whispers of the past - Drakaisyl - 06-26-2020

Saya finishing her preyers,when she noticed Ishikawa's gesture. She rose to her feet again - with only the clothing making a silent sound. After she put her Mask back on the face,she turned to Ishikawa and moved to her.

"Konnichiwa sisters" she replied. The mask altered her voice and she took a short look at Kiwako. "It is a honor to meet you, Pristress. Forgive me my question but why should you be interested in the artefacts of my time ? A time where I failed to keep the sisterhood together?" Saya wanted to know. It was also a test if Ishikawa and the priestress were realy interested in the past of the sisterhood...or the past of Saya.

RE: Whispers of the past - Shinju - 06-28-2020

The Shrine

Kiku was carefully observing Saya's approach and conversation with Aya, she was trying to determine true personality of new person introduced to her. Something was mysterious, was it the mask? No, it was the reason why this person in front of Kiku had to keep her face and even voice hidden. Was she haunted by the past or was something different? Kiku's mind needed answers, something precious and ironical for the priestess. The need of logic, yet serving the divine powers.

"It's the pleasure to meet you, sister. To answer your questions, please take a look at the library we protect. It contains numerous lists and documents, not only our own, but of other houses and cultures. Few months ago I met with a young monk following the Buddhist way of life. I write down all the important stuff and thrice a week I read the articles for interested sisters. History is something we should protect. We cannot change it, yet we can be proud of it, we can learn from mistakes and the stories written down and told for generations help us remember who we truly are. And we will need it as soon as we succeed in our goal. Does it answer your curiousity?."

RE: Whispers of the past - Drakaisyl - 07-18-2020

Saya listend to the words of the priestress,then gave her a respectfull nod. "Hai.It does.Is there anything I can also help you with?" she asks respectfully,while she takes a look into the eyes - even when hidden behind the mask - of the priestress.

As always her fingertips were twitching a bit,which caused the metal claws she wore on top of them to make some quietly clicking sounds.In her head there were several scenario's what the priestress and Aya could further want from her,exept the history of her timeline. In the past she could have thought about many things but here, in this timeline and with all the things happend already she simply couldn't think about anything.

RE: Whispers of the past - Shinju - 07-26-2020

The Shrine

Kiku noticed the clapping sound coming from Saya's hands, but she paid little to almost no attention, if she wanted however she would try to look closer from medical view. Her question however gave Kiku a hint that Aya hasn't consulted anything regarding this matter with Saya. Nothing she wouldn't mind though.

"Aya-san and I wanted to offer you to become the artifact guardian of Gen'an sisterhood. I will more than gladly release this task as I am quite often busy with -more- important matters. I am not saying it's not important, however my main task is to help others, either by spiritual or medical way. Taking care of artifacts is just a bit too much for me."