Discovery Gaming Community
To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE (/showthread.php?tid=181184)

Pages: 1 2

To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Groshyr - 06-24-2020

[Image: ap9jL4H.png]
[Image: V1fzNY0.png]

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

RECIPIENT: Natio Octavarium
SENDER: Charles Moreau, Montluc Advanced Engineering
ENCRYPTION: Medium
SUBJECT: Dangers of the Border World

Dear monsieur or madame representative of the Natio Octavarium,

I am Charles Moreau, Chief Logistics Officer of the Montluc Advanced Engineering. I believe you have heard that the corporation had to leave Gallic space after our confrontation with Police Nationale and further actions made by Parisian Assambley regards our attempt to establish the Barony of Languedoc. If you did not know it yet, allow me to briefly introduce these events for you.

The Barony of Languedoc tried to officially secede from the Minarchy of Provence as the manifestation of the population of Languedoc and, while not seeking hostilities with the Minarchy of Provence, reserves the right to protect itself, its decisions, and its way of life by force or other means available. Unfortunately, the government did not like our idea of separation from the Confederation as an independent entity. They tried to fine us for one billion of Sirius Credits and nationalize the MAE, threatening us with using of force in the case of our disagreement.

However, the Board of Directors decided to not risk the safety of our personnel and in a short time, all-important equipment was gathered from our group facilities and Kerguelen station and moved from Gallia to Taus alongside these employees who decided to leave with us. Finding ourselves in the systems of Tau, we have leased rooms on Freeport 6, where our major office is currently located, while other, less important objects and prioritized personnel, located aboard the ships, belonged to MAE. This should be enough as a brief introduction to what has happened since our last contact. Should you have any questions I will provide you with answers to them.

In the Taus, we have faced more dangerous terms of living. Gallic Brigands have no match to the Outcasts that operate around all the Taus, raiding our convoys and having often skirmished with our security division pilots, which, unfortunately, were not skilled enough to face such a threat as these mutants from Malta. Slowly but we adapted to these terms and begun to hire mercenaries to provide our convoys within Taus with additional security against Outcasts. However, this is still not enough to make sure that our people, ships and goods will remain safe.

Still elegant but not so durable and cheap as the Border World tech, our technologies were designed to act within the space of Gallia or in space under the control of the Gallic Navy. Unfortunately, we are no more in Gallic space and neither under the protection of the Navy. So we have to adapt not only our people but our tech and tactics against the threats of Tau. We want to change this and to use the result of decades and centuries of ship line evolution and thus MAE is looking for a party, capable to provide us with samples of these ships for our exploration and further adaptation for our use.

In return, we may pay in cash, a temporary small discount for our goods or one ship from our heavy logistics series with a discount. The heavy logistics series includes such ships as Vache and Pachyderm. We also noticed the increased interest of Sirius parties to Lucullus liner as well as an increased number of this unit in their hands. Should you be interested in this ship - our adaptation is not a luxury liner like the one by EFL or IDF corporations but research liner with increased protection and less living space replaced to mobile laboratories and research equipment.

The following list provides you with the names of the units we are interested in.

Small craft:
  1. Series CX "Scimitar" Fighter
  2. BWX-F1A "Bayonet" Fighter
  3. Series QX "Switchblade" Fighter
  4. HFX-F1A "Falchion" Fighter
  5. Series Z "Sabre" Fighter
  6. Series W "Warhammer" Fighter
  7. Series CZ "Cutlass" Bomber
  8. HFX-F2B "Broadsword" Bomber

Gunboat:
  1. Series Z "Montante" Gunboat

Cargo ships:
  1. Series YX "Dromedary" Freighter
  2. Series "DL" Transport
  3. Series "DLX" Train

We are waiting for your answer.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Thexare - 06-24-2020

[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Taskmaster-Escher.png]

Identification: Taskmaster Escher
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Charles Moreau, Montluc Advanced Engineering

Subject: Dangers of the Border Worlds
Encryption: Orb Protocol, Recluse Variant

Hello. Escher, OIC.

This was probably intended to go to a different government office, but well... I've decided to call "dibs", as they say.

You see, a funny thing happened recently. One of mine identified one of yours en route to a certain part of Orkney. The part filled with the sort of people that tend to shout "long live the king" and "death to the council" and whatnot.

Not, traditionally, our favorite people.

That being said, I am of course sympathetic to your plight. The Confederacy is, regrettably, a disorganized rabble and such a power grab is as unfortunate as it is unsurprising. Whether well-intentioned or not, and I suspect not.

The politics of the region are in an interesting state right now, and as such your answer to this question, regardless of what it is, will not be disqualifying:

Are you, or are you not, working in cooperation with the Gallic Royal Enclave? Either result has... useful implications, and we will get to the business at hand after this is resolved.

Taskmaster Escher
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Groshyr - 06-24-2020

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

RECIPIENT: Taskmaster Escher, OIC
ENCRYPTION: Extreme
SUBJECT: Gallic Royal Enclave

Taskmaster Escher,

MAE is a Gallic company comprised of Gauls, and Baron Fabian well known to be one of the nobles openly supporting the crown on words. The Enclave has no reason to antagonize future royal subjects in case of return to power, especially those with favourable to the Crown views. Hence, we have an understanding with the Enclave that allows us freely operate in their space without fear of being persecuted and gunned down, as long as we do not infringe the Enclave themselves. We mind our business, they are minding theirs. Sporadically we trade. You representing a "grey" in common image faction would certainly understand the benefit of such co-existence.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Thexare - 06-24-2020

Hmm. Very interesting. Of course, there are many in Natio Octavarium that, let's say, don't share your illustrious leader's stance on aristocracy. But this is the Barrier, and absolutism doesn't survive here.

And it can be useful to have a contact that can relay messages to an otherwise-hostile power. So with that consideration in mind, yes, I believe business can be done. There is some additional information to consider about a few of these craft, however.

The Broadsword is the main one to look out for. You'll find several versions of the craft on the market. The original model of Broadsword was actually a modular system that could be attached to older Falchion models, the original heavy interceptor and the revised superiority fighter. Broadswords built off the interceptor Falchion are extremely unreliable. Our plans are for the modern, fully-integrated Broadswoard, a non-modular dedicated bomber, but if you attempt to source ships elsewhere I recommend a thorough inspection. Most of the internal components to the modular pods are still fully compatible with the integrated R2 Broadsword.

The Warhammer is another craft with multiple versions on the used market, with the frame having been used in the past as a heavy assault bomber. Unlike the Broadsword, though, the Warhammer took well to its modifications and should serve well regardless of whether it's a converted bomber or a purpose-built cutter.

Now, we don't currently field any DLX heavy transports, but the plans are easy enough - it's simply a slight extension on the Series DL. Theoretically one could extend the craft even further to compete with the Stork or Pachyderme, but I suspect the structure would need significant reinforcement at that scale.

I will have to inquire internally about the Vache, Pachyderme, and Lucullus, I'm not entirely certain if we have the capacity to maintain such craft. In the meanwhile, when we were last in contact we had only sourced some craft from you, EFL's mining and utility craft were unavailable at the time. I'm told we missed a message informing us that those were available as of... December, I believe, Are they still available?

Taskmaster Escher

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Groshyr - 06-30-2020

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION: Extreme
SUBJECT: RE: Dangers of the Border World

Dear Taskmaster Escher,

I understand you, Taskmaster, and agreed with you. Perhaps, we could be mutually beneficial to each other, what do you think? We may need a possibility to reach the Duchy nobles without using the relays that can be read by the Republic or the Minarchy and by the Parisian Assembly in particular. Could you be our relay to the nobles of the Grand Duchy, just in case if we need this?

We are also very grateful for the information you provided us with regard to these ships. We would like to get a few samples of them for further research and seeking the possibility to use this experience in metal to develop our own ship like - a mix of a gallic elegance and border worlds durability, compilated in one piece.

I see that the DL line is literally based on the same design with increased durability and this is well familiar to us by the pair of Vache-Pachyderme, even if the upgrade one to another is quite a hard process that needs to reassemble the major part of the main hull and increase the structure's durability before increasing its cargo capacitive.

Most of our interest has caught the modular version of a Broadsword and we would like to get at least one unit of it. Would you like to sell it for us?

If you are interested only in these mining and utility crafts they are still available and we are ready to sell you any of them, starts from Tourez-class light mining unit and up to Rock Badger-class mining platform. Briller-class repair ship could catch your attention as the more performance repair unit than its brother from Sirius.

We also understand your interest in the Vache, Pachyderme and Lucullus in particular, but we can offer only logistics ships. Due to our currently limited capacities, the production of these units is quite limited and therefore you will need to wait for a while, depends how many units and what type of ship you shall order. The liner is, unfortunately, extremely expensive for being produced now and therefore we cannot offer it for sale to you.

The prices for all units offered before are the following:
  1. Tourez-class light mining unit - $1.500.000
  2. Courbe-class medium mining unit - $2.100.000
  3. Plier-class heavy mining unit - $7.000.000
  4. Rock Badger-class mining platform - $19.000.000
  5. Briller-class repair ship - $3.600.000
  6. Vache-class transport - $85.000.000
  7. Pachyderme-class heavy transport - $200.000.000

Anything else you would like to know about our products or would you like to make a deal and buy a few of our ships?

TRANSMISSION ENDS

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Thexare - 07-01-2020

Hmm. The modular Broadsword system has largely ceased production, mostly due to the drastic improvements in the third revision of the Falchion unfortunately being incompatible with it. I do understand the R&D value of such a ship, however, even with its unfortunate... quirks.

The Lucullus-class was of particular interest to me for certain projects, so it's disappointing that this isn't available. Hopefully that changes in the future.

The Fleet has been replacing its modular Broadsword systems with integrated models now that we have stable bases to work out of, so I believe I can transfer a pair of the retired craft to you in exchange for, say... a Rock Badger. While this might seem like something of an upcharge, do remember that these craft generally aren't in production anymore and I doubt I could convince Aquila to spin up a production line just for one or two ships. These are using the more stable second-generation Falchion frame as well, not the unreliable first-generation interceptor.

We will make further arrangements internally for purchases to be made by our populace without them asking any unfortunate questions. And, yes, I believe we can assist in relaying messages to the Duchy.

Taskmaster Escher

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Groshyr - 07-19-2020

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

SUBJECT: Dangers of the Border Worlds

Taskmaster Escher,

The modular system of Broadsword is probably one of those that have the major of our interest. We find such flexible systems as modular more beneficial especially in the terms of dangers of the Taus. Would be great to have at least one for researches.

Regarding Lucullus, I can't promise much. We need time to establish our powers in the so-called Hebrides and refit the Tromelin station to shipyard and even after this it will take time to start mass-production of this class. We will reach you as soon as we will have at least one unit ready for sale.

The situation in Confederacy and their war with Kusari gives us a perfect opportunity to reach Duchy and talk about possibility of negotiations regarding their attempts of our nationalization and fining for political activities in the Languedoc. If they be agreed for negotiations we would like our representative to have a live meet aboard Monte Carlo or better Freeport 10 where they can have a talk face to face.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Thexare - 07-22-2020

[Image: Agent-Shiranui-New.png]

Identification: Agent Shiranui

Subject: Duchy
Encryption: Orb Protocol, Jorogumo Variant

Good day. Agent Shiranui, OIC. Escher has asked that I handle this from here, as other matters demand his attention.

The Duchy has responded, informing us that your dispute wasn't just with them but rather with the whole of the Confederacy. But the Assembly is interested in negotiations. They prefer Monte Carlo, to avoid Tau-37's Maltese presence. Under present circumstances, I would recommend going along with that.

Agent Shiranui

[ Transmission Ended ]

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Groshyr - 07-23-2020

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

RECIPIENT: Agent Shiranui, OIC
SUBJECT: The meeting at Monte Carlo

Agent Shiranui,

We wanted to heal our relations with the Grand Duchy of Burgundy but seems like destiny itself is allowing us to re-establish neutral relations with the entire Confederacy.

Did they tell when they want to meet or only a place of meeting? I will send our representative for negotiations with them.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

RE: To: Natio Octavarium | From: MAE - Thexare - 07-23-2020

[Image: Agent-Shiranui-New.png]

Identification: Agent Shiranui

Subject: Duchy
Encryption: Orb Protocol, Jorogumo Variant

July 25.

Acceptable?

Agent Shiranui