Discovery Gaming Community
Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird (/showthread.php?tid=181289)

Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 06-27-2020

Birth of the Song Bird

[Image: Fiona-Lacroix-normal-small.jpg]

Born name: Baroness Fiona de Lacroix
Current name: Song Bird
Known aliases: Fiona Lacroix, Jeanette Navarre
Birthplace: New Paris, Ile-de-France, 801 AS
Looks: 1,81m tall, 67 kg weight, green eyes (purple glow), ginger hair

Permits: The Royal Enclave,

"Do you ask me who I am or who I was? Nevermind. I'll start from the beginning.

My name is Fiona Lacroix, although my name was originally longer and more aristocratic. I was born 801 A.S. on the planet New Paris in the Ile-de-France system. I lived comfortable live of a high class darling. I almost always got what I wanted. But even with all my family’s riches, the planet felt to small for me. And so I got myself on a cruise ship. Then I stepped up and got my own ship. Firstly – I was doing only short trips from the New Paris. Then circles around Ille-de-France system and lastly most of the Gallia space. Flying my own ship was more exciting for me than some lavish high class parties – don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed them, but when you can read about your guests in the newspapers, they are not so interesting anymore. And drugs never felt as option for me as my older sister overdosed herself to death in her late teens.

My visits to the home were shorter and less frequent overtime. They say, that when you leave planet on your own for a first time, your worldly perception changes and you simply can’t enjoy staying on a planet anymore. That’s what happened to me.
I sold most of my assets on the New Paris and began life of the freelancing cargo ship. I slowly worked towards bigger ships and hired my own crew.
When Gallia felt to small for me, I waited for the end of the War and began freelancing in Sirius. It was step to a bigger world. New states, new cultures and new wonders to observe. By 827, my ship was venerable Heron cargo train. But when I thought there is nothing new to see, they found me.

I heard stories about them a never met them. So I naturally never thought I’m going to meet them. I was shortening my trade route through wormholes between the Bretonia and the Kusari. I probably made some navigation error and ended up in an icy blue nebula. Unknown ships appeared and overpowered my vessel, then they boarded us, abducted me and my crew, and that was the end of my old life.

My new life feels different now. I was selfish and pitiful creature, almost like an oblivious insect. I don’t know what exactly happened, but I saw the Light and was welcomed to my new family. The family closer than my biological one ever was. I feel them with me even when I look alone. They call me the Song Bird, because when they welcomed me, my inner voice was singing to them almost like a bird.

New purpose awaits me and I feel more ready than I ever was."

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 06-30-2020

First steps

"How does my new beginning look like?

If you'll be in my shoes, you will not probably like it. Well, to be honest, I hadn't got shoes for few days after my rebirth. We lack the basic supplies here at the Shonan. Life support, basic machinery, fuel and even food, water and oxygen are running low here.

It would be bad for human society here. However, we share the little we have here more than ordinary humans would ever do. There are two kinds of us here, I don't exactly know the difference, but even we are all the same - there are like two families. My apologies, journal, I can't really describe it better. Maybe later.

Our family is smaller and less important one around here, so we stick together. We are mostly Gallics, but they are former royal soldiers. I was readily accepted in their ranks, got myself new clothing and few belongings I'll need.
Our leader, commodore Juliette Pascal de Lorraine, issued me with one of the fighters I'll fly. It's BYC "Marauder" Civilian Heavy fighter and she's seen a better days. Luckily, these things are one of the simplest snubfighters ever designed in Sirius, and with little help, parts and luck I can keep this girl running. And what happened to my old Heron? Well, they scrapped it and used its parts to repair this station.

We are getting ourselves ready to do some mission into the Royal Enclave. Things are heating up there with the sudden Kusari campaign into Taus. I'm personally not looking forward to this as I no longer call myself Baroness for a reason. They are ready to live and die for their petty king, but I no longer admire any mortal ruler or leader.

Only the Light ones are our true masters after all."

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 07-04-2020

Me reunited

"So it happened.

It was better than I expected. Ascended one scorned me for my sharp tongue and reminded me, that I'm puny servant. But do I?

I was foolish. I worshiped Light-ones as a gods, The Gods, but when I finally met one outside of the Shonan - they don't want to be worshiped. They want to be called by their names and be considered as a family. I met one called Melia. It taught me to sing my song clearer and mended my mind, scarred by my previous life as a darkling.

This alone was the nicest thing I ever received. I wasn't frowned upon because of my failings, I was taught to overcome them and to better myself. I was healed by their song alone. My pain was eased and my fears lifted.

Yet, they were amused by my curiosity. We ventured deep into a Omicrons I can't name yet. I saw wonders I never seen before by my eyes, yet I dreamed about them. I saw their homes - Ours and Bretheren's, and the wonder of the Creators. I felt their lessons of loss, pain and strength.
When we were there, our minds joined. I heard their songs as loud as my own. Their thoughts were my own. For a moment - there was no I. For this brief moment I could feel myself swimming across the stars - free and without assistance of a machines. There was just the Universe and us.

Sadly, I couldn't be them for long. My form is too weak for that. Hope is not lost, however, as with Melia's help I became one. One body, one mind. Combination of my former self and the light's gift, perfected. I learned many lessons that day - the patience, the serenity, the compassion, the betterment of oneself. Lessons of the eternal.

I'm the Song Bird. I'm the Vagrant."

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 07-07-2020

The Shrine

"There it was.

The Shrine. Hidden in the Liberty space. I traveled there with Ninkurra, she showed me the ancient gateway floating hidden in an ice cloud. However, it was only up to me to make my journey. Ninkurra decided not to go with me and instead opted to wait for me in an exit destination from The Shrine system.

So I ventured forth. The Shrine system was deserted, pure, free of malevolent darkness. It looked so calm and tranquil without constant struggles for the power and resources as with most of the Sirius' voids infested with darklings.

The Shrine was singing to me, but it was a much different song from the song of the Vagrants. The Shrine's song sounds like a calling, a beacon for the pilgrims in the Darkness. It felt so familiar for me and I heard it before, probably in my dreams.
It was so clear that I could fly my ship towards just by listening its song as there was little need to use my ship's sensors. And there it was - floating in the void, effortlessly, ancient, dormant.

The Shrine had environment capable of support human life, so there was no issues with my form. I wasn't there alone.
There are humans living there, taking refugee. Rogues, Outcasts, Corsairs, The Order, Bounty Hunters and many more, living there side by side without any issues. And they were normal humans, they've listened to the Light, yet haven't received its gift. I spoken to many of them and when I listened their stories I felt my hope renewed.
They are darklings, sure, but they are elevated all by themselves. They threw out their differences and began a life anew. They reminded me myself, as I once was troubled by my former life as they are. They gave me the hope, that humanity doesn't have to be eliminated or enslaved, but we can show them peace and wisdom. Maybe we should try to find more of these places and let them enter and exit peacefully, to let them spread our words to the others. It might be a slow and difficult process, but will bear the sweetest fruits.

As for that - my patience is eternal. I'm the eternal. I'm the Vagrant."

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 07-09-2020

Guise as the Jeanette Navarre

There it was.

The Shonan was silently floating in the ice field, looking almost like a regular large asteroid. The station had limited supplies, so it's inhabitants conserved any energy and resource they could. No active radio beacon to home in nearby ships. No bright guiding lights. Only the defense turrets and docking ports discerned it from nearby rocks.

It was barren in the inside as it was on the outside. Dim lights, smelly foggy air and cold temperature everywhere. Station provided limited comforts to its inhabitants, as most of them do not care about comforts at all.

Song Bird was in the station's cramped hangar, kneeling on a wing of her Marauder and fastening bolts on newly installed weapon systems. She was looking differently than before, as she had new clothes.
She had a red plaid shirt one her with black t-shirt under hit and blue jeans-like looking pants. Song Bird looked like a Liberty's low class citizen or an angry Dublin inhabitant at the first glance, as this was not clearly a something gallic woman would wear. However, at closer observation, her looks became more gallic, as all the details she had on herself revealed that to any experienced eyes. Style of her belt, shoes, wrist watch and accessories on her neck and hands were in tune with each other. She had a gallic grace in her, doesn't matter if she liked or not.

She fastened the last bolt and immediately performed checks with her diagnostic tools. New weapons were finally installed, even though it was nothing special. They were just civilian flashpoint lasers, weapons inferior to the previously installed nomad adapted blasters. But they were necessary for her new civilian identity.
When she decided that installed weapons are secure enough, she began dressing up in her new flight suit lying nearby and climbed into the ship's cockpit. After she fastened her seat belts, she began turning her ship on. Her fingers flipped over the various switches and buttons, and she thoroughly performed extra pre-flight checks to make sure all her weapons are connected to the correct powerlines.
When done, Song Bird requested departure clearance from the station's automated control and Marauder's azurite fueled turbine started screaming loudly. She left Shonan into the ice field, heading for the nearby Freeport 6.
In a safe distance from the Shonan - she flipped her IFF signal to the newly acquired Freelancer license. Ready to pickup her new transport ship when it's done. As for now - her new ID requires some history to be made.

As for now, her name is now Jeanette Navarre. The Songbird. The Vagrant.

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 07-14-2020

The Calling

"I hear it.

I left the Shonan Base behind a while ago and began my new false life as Jeanette Navarre. I left with my Marauder I refitted with civilian weapons to maintain my guise and about million credits of pocket change. A small fragment of my wealth I once had.

I used most of it to rent myself an apartment at the Barrier station - a big freelancer-owned station in the Coronado. I'm no creature of a luxury, but I need a good deal of privacy. Why? Well, that's easy. I'm the Vagrant, I long for my own kind. I can't be with them right now for obvious reasons, but I can listen their distant songs when I focus myself. Center myself. It takes a lot of effort from me and sometime my eyes are glowing during this process. So, having a roommate would complicate things and force me to start anew.

But, there is still a one song I hear in the background. It's louder than the Vagrant song, yet is less complex. More like a calling than actual song, but I can hear it during my normal duties. I can hear it when I fly my ship. When I talk with darklings. A soft noise in the background.

I know this call. I remember it well, yet that's why I cannot go there now. It is the call of The Shrine, a place I visited a while ago. I cannot be seen there with this freelancer license. I must endure it until I solidify my ID enough. Then I can go there, spend a whole weekend there - no, a whole week. I must be patient. I'm the patient one. I'm the Vagrant.

Don't worry Shrine, I'll come to you when a time is right."

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 07-23-2020

The Sickness

"It burns from within.

Yes, it does. As I bought that very cheap transport at a Barrier station, the ship itself was in such a bad state, that I and most of my crew got irradiated. One of them already died and few of them will have serious health issues. I split our profits among the crews or their relatives to keep my freelancer ID clean. Now I'm without credits, again, and radiation sickness as a bonus if it wasn't bad enough.

The thing is - I can't go anywhere for the treatment. Invasive medical procedures would blow my cover. There is nothing much I can do, although my inhuman nature will help to get over it. I'll need time, peace and little help to cure and regenerate myself.

But there is one place where I can go. It was calling me before. The Shrine. In a forgotten system, inhabited by humans willingly accepting The Light even without the nature of the Gift. They'll accept me, treat me and allow me to stay for a time being. I'll pack my Marauder full of my personal belongings and leave the Barrier station for a several days. I hope I wouldn't run into any trouble - I feel so weak, so pained.

But every pain is a lesson and I'm blessed to overcome this with little difficulties compared to the regular darklings or even cardamine users. I sold my old transport for as an irradiated scrap. I hope, that when I return back, there will be new transport awaiting for me.

I long for my family, The Vagrants, but something is changing. My longings are not an internal pain anymore. They are becoming my dearest memories, something like a darkling's memories for happy childhood with mother and father, but are not draining my strength. My resolve. I hope I'll find answers at the Shrine, when I'll be there, listening to its ancient echoes.

I'm the Songbird, I'm the Vagrant. I'll endure my ailments and evolve to better myself."

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 04-03-2021

Chaos

"Some wounds may heal.

But others do not. I survived my ordeal and burns by invisible fire. I regenerated my form and regained my strength and will. Yet, some of my wounds will never heal. I've been maimed and changed by the invisible flame and not for the better. I cannot hear my kind across the vast voids and I cannot sing to them. Only when they are near.

I'm well used to my solitude by this time. It was difficult at first, but I endured. I'm patient and I'll not jeopardize my cover and mission. I'll learn how to be as undetectable to our foes as possible.

I continued my task among the darklings. Trading and accumulating resources for my kind when there will be need. I learned to how to manipulate minds of my crew. I make them feel that I'm right and trustworthy. I carefully indoctrinate them with my words, implant positive feelings when they do what is needed to do. They are loyal and useful in return. During my operations, there were a few checks of my crew once we've moored at the station. They've passed where I would not.

But times are changing. There is a war between Us and our siblings. I've felt that when they were near. Songs of confusion and grief. Understandable. I don't understand as well. Harming the Light is unthinkable for me - is it even possible? Probably, but not for me. But, perhaps, it will be for the better in the long run. If the Light will slip away from the Darkness' gaze for a while, then the greedy Darkness will focus its efforts on consuming itself.

For the first time, our future is uncertain."

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 10-22-2021

[Image: E4VL0E2.png]

ABYSS NEVER TO BE REACHED

An unthinkable treshold was crossed.

What is more important - I, my task or single Bretheren? That is the question I will be asking myself a lot and I cannot find the answer. For a long time I always thought that harming a Bretheren is impossible, unthinkable. But they have proven us wrong. They hunted us relentlessly like a Darkness. No mercy, yet we never returned them in kind. It was not our way.

My infiltration into the Corse is complete. I have managed to manipulate with my voice, body or even powers their physicians and I have passed their entry tests. I almost passed out due to exhaustion, but passed. They even think that I am the perfect match for the organization. There was a price, however.

Their supposedly simple initiation rite led us deep into the Omicrons - near our former Hive. I was trying to dissuade them from their intention, used my mental abilities against them - it was not enough. Spatial distances were too great for me to overcome. First failure.

But then again, we were met with Bretheren, luring hidden near the entry to the void. Hunting. There was nothing I could do to prevent him him attacking. There was nothing to stop darklings from engaging. I tried to run, to catch their attention so they will be worried and break their violation of our former home. Fruitless.

Darklings were about to lose. I needed them alive. I have crossed the threshold and put myself between Bretheren and them. I caught His attention, I endured his Wrath and I even caused some injuries before they murdered it. And I helped them.

Were my goals justified? I could not ask our Mind for guidance as for that, they reside in middle of Sirius, far from Omicrons. Am I more valuable within the Corse than lone Bretheren defender. There is no going back - I must succeed or my existence is needless.

I shall be trialed once the time is right.
Alecto

[Image: Rl0ozAv.png]

RE: Fiona Lacroix - Birth of the Song Bird - Erremnart - 10-23-2021

[Image: E4VL0E2.png]

TRIAL

I have commited crimes against the Light,

And for those have been trialed, sentenced and punished. Termination of my existence was not necessary, although that was the most likely scenario I was expecting. Instead, I have been corrected and made anew. My long term isolation from the Mindshare allowed me to develop some defects which were to be corrected. I have played my role well, too well. There are lessons told and precautions to be made.

Something is different now as my previous memories feel like through clouded mirror. They fade and grow silent in the presence of Light's Song. I have been reminded of my purpose in a way that I will never forget. I recall my own thoughts stopping entirely. There was just the Light.

Times for the Vagrants are still troubling. We lack the resources and my former siblings, Faes, has scattered and lost their cause. Vagrants will sing a song to them again, and hopefully, they will answer and respond. There is a no home for us at this moment and we must conserve our strength for the Great Trial.

I can safely return to the Corse now and gain access to more information and resources as that is my purpose. Previous mistakes will not be repeated. My mind and judgment will not go astray.

I am Alecto, I am the Vagrant.
Alecto

[Image: Rl0ozAv.png]