Discovery Gaming Community
Stubborn Snake - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Stubborn Snake (/showthread.php?tid=181308)

Pages: 1 2

Stubborn Snake - Loyola - 06-28-2020

After some long flight from the Barrier Gate Station, an Outcast freighter that is transporting Cobra would seemingly enter the docking maneuvers. He is allowed to have zero visual on with what they were docking, these Outcasts seem to like keeping it secret, which would be understandable to him, as a terrorist. When the ship docked and he was asked to proceed to the meeting, a very tight and narrow hangar would appear in front of his eyes. Whatever it is, it's not the station or massive warship. If he suggested it was something smaller, then he would be right, it was recently acquired ship, Buenos Aires.

He was asked to pass a few detectors to scan him for having any arms or spying devices one more time, once it was done, the guard led him by some narrow corridor to a heavily reinforced door.

— Donna Enma is now ready to meet you, Xeno. we will be outside this door so don't do anything stupid.

This sounded not like a threat at all, just as a fair warning.

RE: Stubborn Snake - Reeves - 06-28-2020

He smirked at the warning, it wasn't unexpected but he did seem to think it was unnecessary given the reason behind his visit. "Relax, I'm only here for business not for the pleasure of killing anybody."

There was nothing else he felt like saying to her guards, and so instead he'd just take the few steps necessary to cross the threshold represented by the door in front of him. Once inside, he took a moment to look around and inspect the decorations, if there were any. "This is all very cloak and dagger, Enma. Concerned about something? Or was this just to make a good first impression?" It was perhaps more apparent when meeting him in person, but he was vastly different when compared to the rest of the people that identified as Xenos. In a way this strangeness was remarkable, because while he did seem like he were not a Xeno, he was simultaneously the most Xeno a person could truly become. A paradoxical arrangement for a persona like his.

He had also not chosen to dress up for this occasion, wearing a fairly standard flight-suit with but one embellishment, an armband that displayed his own symbolism. A crowned snake colored a deep black against the cold blue of the band's fabric.

RE: Stubborn Snake - Loyola - 06-28-2020

Loyola's chamber seems to have a much different design from the rest of the ship, look luxury and having a weird mix of designs. Something in the middle between the working cabinet, night club, and some sort of entertainment center. Enma is sitting at the wide desk right in the middle, there are few chairs in front of her table. She would at first not pay much attention to Xeno, finishing some work at her terminal before looking up at her guest.

— Look at you, I wonder if you would even trust yourself. I am working here, a lot of important things, and you are not trustworthy, I thought that would be obvious?

Enma saying with half way polite tone, gesturing her guest to take a seat.

RE: Stubborn Snake - Reeves - 06-29-2020

Having trotted around and inspected the room till he was satisfied, Morreti seemed to just go along with the gesture to take a seat quite promptly. Her words had caused him to smile, it wasn't clear why, but all the same he seemed to be thinking upon seating himself and crossing a leg. "We're both cutthroat, a useful quality to have with all the competition. But maybe you're more impulsive than I am, which this room is indicative of - not a bad taste in furniture though." That seemed like a genuine compliment, and his tone was fairly friendly if not polite. But despite the calmness of his composure, something was bothering and confusing him beneath the exterior, whatever it was, he wouldn't reveal it.

RE: Stubborn Snake - Loyola - 06-29-2020

Looked around as Xeno commented on furniture, being flattered for a moment, but then, moment after she looked unamused.

— Cutting throats is grunt work, so I doubt we are equals. And sadly this ship is too small to fit everything I need and do things to my liking, but I have to work with what I've got.

Loyola makes a tactical pause.

— Cardamine market and dealers function like a family. While we do not share the common blood, we are being tied tightly. Cardamine is a gift, and we share it with those who is able to understand us. I know is hard to understand from the start, but do you?

RE: Stubborn Snake - Reeves - 06-29-2020

He seemed a little surprised that this was her first real question. Did she really think so little of his ability to comprehend the intricacies at play? It seemed more than likely, but an underestimation was preferred. Nevertheless he still answers promptly. "Yes. I considered the implications this would have when I made the decisions that I did. It's why I sent you that message asking for you to tell me about Malta." The former friendliness of his tone ran cold exceptionally quickly. He was being purely direct now and uninterested in what she'd said prior to pausing. He presumed she had something to add after what she'd just asked him, and so he elected to speak no further and wait patiently.

RE: Stubborn Snake - Loyola - 06-30-2020

Loyola smiled lightly, Cobra is intense as it was expected. Despite having less and less hope in leveling his temper, she still considers him a workable material.

— Some believe that Malta is a distant planet in the edge worlds, some rumors say it's a homeworld for the Outcasts who are believed to be involved in the Cardamine trade.

Enny enjoys herself with this ironic tone, mocking her guest quite openly. The next moment switching back to a serious tone, not after a short yawn, as Outcast seems to be pretty tired.

— I think you could see it, but first, let's enjoy some Cardamine, shall we?

RE: Stubborn Snake - Reeves - 06-30-2020

Leaning forward ever so slightly so that he can rest an elbow against the chair, he nods his head once and slowly. Though his response will somewhat contradict the gesture of acceptance. "I don't think I'll be visiting any time soon. Malta sounds awfully dreary and boring for my tastes. Most planets tend to be one or the other. Anyway, I hope you got me a spare mask." His final statement had an essence of cheekiness to it, but he was fully serious given the lack of practicality behind trying to share the same dose. No doubt there were creative ways to do so, but none of them were professional.

RE: Stubborn Snake - Loyola - 07-01-2020

After searching something below the table, Enny stands up, holding a mask and walks behind Cobra's seat. Shortly putting one place at his shoulder, then making moves aimed to get the inhaler at his face.

— Actually... Is there something you wish to discuss? Because there will be a trip of sorts.

RE: Stubborn Snake - Reeves - 07-01-2020

There was a moment's hesitation before he answered that question, and a slight concern given the key fact he'd withheld thus far. Namely that he was already an addict, but could never seem to understand the claims of bliss and highs that other users attributed to the drug. He was uncertain if he should put on a show for the sake of authenticity or just act naturally. "Have shipments begun? I'm prepared to take this step if they have, otherwise I think I've already told you everything I had to say. The rest I'll just take as it comes." He had resolved in saying that, that he would simply respond to the dosage the mask would deliver naturally rather than try and fake a compelling reaction, the extent of which he was uncertain about.