Discovery Gaming Community
To: Reformed Empire of Kusari ⚜️⚜️ From: lle de France Shipping® - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Reformed Empire of Kusari ⚜️⚜️ From: lle de France Shipping® (/showthread.php?tid=181397)

To: Reformed Empire of Kusari ⚜️⚜️ From: lle de France Shipping® - Venkman - 06-30-2020

.....connecting /
.....password_required: ############/
..... sender: Sophie Pomeroy /
.....uploading_transmission /

[Image: JZpnmC3.png]
[Image: dRE37Wx.png]

Mesdames et Messieurs of Kusari

I am Sophie Pomeroy, Directeur Général of Ile de France Shipping - the largest shipping entity in Gallia. For so long our company has nurtured the relationship with Kusari and its corporations. It is my wish to preserve this relationship even in these difficult times. There are, however, a few issues we need to discuss.

As you already know, one of my associates, Monsieur Mizushima, contacted your Government a few weeks ago in order to acquire the Artifact license. The agreement between IDF and Hogosha Association was reached, the flow of Artifacts to Gallia was established only to see, a few days after, Kusari Naval Forces forcefully occupy our station in Tau-53 system.

I'd like to ask, what's the reason behind La Charite occupation? Why would you target innocent civilians? This isn't something Kusari would do.
Secondly, one of your soldiers flew to Nimes Station in Languedoc and interacted with my men. Needless to say, he wasn't behaving as we expected him to. I have attached the full log down below.

As you can see, your soldier shot our ships first and both EFL and IDF acted in self defense. Even though they could've destroyed your soldier's ship, they haven't.
Ile de France is not military therefore I wouldn't want my employees to lose their lives as they're not trained for war.

At the end, what I would ask of you is to keep the neutrality between IDF and Kusari and to let us operate the La Charite Spaceport. We do not wish to fight you, but we will defend ourselves if you give us no choice.

I await your response, Pomeroy out.

[Image: brkoizw.png]

.....disconnecting /

RE: To: Reformed Empire of Kusari ⚜️⚜️ From: Ille De France Shipping® - Empire of Kusari - 06-30-2020

[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
House Kusari, 827 A.S

To the esteemed representative of Ile-de-France Shipping.

I bid you good day.

The occupation of La Charite was chosen as the mildest and most non-lethal option of securing our operations. The station suffered minimal damage and can easily be pushed into its former role once the Naval Forces operation concluded.

As you clearly noticed, none of crew members has returned to Gallia yet. A few attempted to resist the occupation and were wounded in the process, a natural reaction, but there were no casualties.
You are indeed right to assume that it is not the way of Kusari to attack innocent civilians, that is the same reason why the departure of the 520 staff members back to Gallia is already in planning. We hope to find your cooperation with this endeavor.

Furthermore, you seemed to realize that the standard doctrine includes that Naval Forces Pilots should only act in self-defense, or among the guidelines of an embargo, towards civilians. The Pilot in question marks one of the exceptions you will find within any army. Proceed with your complaint about them to the Naval Forces Admiralty, not us.

Regardless, you led this conversation into the right direction.
We would like to ask Ile-de-France Shipping vessels to refrain from participation at hostile actions against the our forces, self-defense is naturally not an issue.
We would also like to clarify Ile-de-France Shipping's position regarding vacating stations operated by them, once our forces march towards said stations. We asked representatives of EFL and the Gallic Metal Service the same.
While a temporary occupation means profit losses for your side, it also means that we can avoid unnecessary bloodshed in this conflict. A willing, peaceful evacuation appears to be a far more suitable option than risking casualties or having to resort to the destruction of the stations.

With cordial regards,
Office of Foreign Affairs