Discovery Gaming Community
Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Decriminalizing Multiboxing (/showthread.php?tid=181539)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - E X O D I T E - 07-05-2020

This assumes that everyone and their dog just immediately whips out 20 5kers and flies in formation, and nobody sees that and thinks "boy oh boy, piracy time". For every play, there is counterplay, and activity generated = people logging to react to activity. Sure, when your convoy makes it, big bucks. But your convoy has to make it.

In a vacuum, multiboxing would be bad and a clear-cut unfair advantage. In an environment where players can damage other players, I believe the risks ultimately outweigh the rewards.

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Hubjump - 07-05-2020

What risks? Just pay them and everyone continues winning and you're earning so much it doesn't even matter.

Also doing this would kill missions again too.
So y'know.

You'd have to be basically a rule abiding griefer to be blowing up all those transports. But I doubt many are gonna do that if anything someones gonna defend the multi boxers and get payed a half sum something similar to what a pirate actually pirating would make. which still isn't going to compare or dent the profits made by a multi boxer whose trading in a line and or claims to be unrelated to his other characters and so on there's just so many holes in this.

What's this meant to achieve? To equal out the economy? Communism? Tongue This might as well be moved to flood.

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - E X O D I T E - 07-05-2020

No, Senator McCarthy.
You mean we don't have rule-abiding griefers already? Depending on the source, we have alleged griefers who...
  • Build POBs
  • Destroy POBs
  • RP their characters "the wrong way"
  • Generally do something the person hurling the accusation doesn't like in one way or another
  • Fly IDs that look like they were made to grief traders (looking at you, Xeno ID)

If someone multiboxes, they're gambling with fairly high stakes. If it pays off, great, if it doesn't, they gonna dieeeee.

EDIT: On the communism front, I'm not proposing people's grinded fortunes be taken away and redistributed. This would be closer to the Free Drones than Human Hive tbh.

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Burning - 07-05-2020

Joke's on you, I log 20 pirates spread across Sirius so your 5 traders pass me 5 times

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - LuckyOne - 07-05-2020

Now, now let's not go all doom and gloom now, right?

This could work, with limits. Like I said, it can be coded into FLHook so you're only allowed to multibox if all your ships from the same IP have the module equipped. It could be logged on every docking / undocking so you could get banned fairly easily, just by going through the logs. The module could have a high price (CAUVIII tier) and require sufficient RP to acquire, and additionally be limited to specific ship classes (fighters, carriers, maybe freighters - not a lot of difference between multiboxing 2 freighters and simply using a bigger transport ???).

By doing this you basically eliminate around 90 % of would be casual exploiters (number pulled out of donkey's rear, but I believe it being a correct estimate). The rest can be dealt with just like now, with manual reports and bans.

Done this way, literally nothing would change, economy-wise (except there being an additional money sink), and yet it would also change so much by bringing a (frankly said, pretty obscure) option to the game that is similar to more mod(d)er(n) alternatives (hello, X series, or even Star Citizen).

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Champ - 07-06-2020

No.

The economy is (read: should be) balanced to players piloting one ship. As has been said, they can't and won't roleplay for two, and this doesn't earn pirates any money. I don't believe people would report players for multiboxing for equipment transfers in Conn., nor would GMs sanction for it. Families playing together from the same IP is already fine; the rule does not prevent that, nor would we.

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Capt. Henry Morgan - 07-06-2020

I think multiboxing should be allowed in Conn for ID and equipment transfers, but that's the extent of it.

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Paddy. - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 02:00 AM)Champ Wrote: No.

The economy is (read: should be) balanced to players piloting one ship. As has been said, they can't and won't roleplay for two, and this doesn't earn pirates any money. I don't believe people would report players for multiboxing for equipment transfers in Conn., nor would GMs sanction for it. Families playing together from the same IP is already fine; the rule does not prevent that, nor would we.

I agree.

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Saronsen - 07-06-2020

For connecticut only, maybe, and even then there's almost always someone you can get to help you move stuff.

You do have friends right?

RE: Decriminalizing Multiboxing - Capt. Henry Morgan - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 02:22 AM)Saronsen Wrote: For connecticut only, maybe, and even then there's almost always someone you can get to help you move stuff.
You must do your transfers at much more convenient times than I do. It's always hit or miss if I can get help. The ability to multibox in Conn would be a real convenience.