Discovery Gaming Community
Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? (/showthread.php?tid=181541)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - Alex. - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 05:19 AM)Volgrim Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 03:18 AM)Alex. Wrote: ...consider not using our launcher if it's causing problems?

I already tried that, but as I stated in the OP, HudShift does NOT work properly when launching the mod via Freelancer.exe, which makes this option nonviable. I have tried many different ways to make it work, but the only one that did was applying Jason's patch - which also broke the mouse cursor!

I don't think the launcher does anything magic in this area, did you inspect the arguments the launcher is passing to FL?

RE: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - Volgrim - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 05:33 AM)Alex. Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:19 AM)Volgrim Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 03:18 AM)Alex. Wrote: ...consider not using our launcher if it's causing problems?

I already tried that, but as I stated in the OP, HudShift does NOT work properly when launching the mod via Freelancer.exe, which makes this option nonviable. I have tried many different ways to make it work, but the only one that did was applying Jason's patch - which also broke the mouse cursor!

I don't think the launcher does anything magic in this area, did you inspect the arguments the launcher is passing to FL?

Edit: What you say doesn't even make sense no matter how you read it, the only arguments DSLauncher applies is the IP address for the official server, and I'm not even USING DSLauncher anyway.

It's the way the mod is built that messes with HudShift if the game isn't launched via DSLauncher. I've got a solution though, jflp.dll standalone enables proper widescreen when launching via Freelancer.exe so DSLauncher is no longer necessary. Time will tell if this is a permanent solution.

RE: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - Skorak - 07-05-2020

Just add -dx
As launch parameter to the shortcut...

RE: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - Volgrim - 07-06-2020

(07-05-2020, 07:50 AM)Skorak Wrote: Just add -dx
As launch parameter to the shortcut...

Shortcut for what? DSLauncher or Freelancer exe? And what would it do?

RE: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - Skorak - 07-06-2020

Freelancer exe.
Fixes the resolution. Try it.

RE: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - He||oween - 07-31-2020

(07-05-2020, 02:11 AM)Volgrim Wrote: Simply put, I just want to know if there's a way to disable the forced patching before launching via the Launcher when there's a new update released. Again, this if for use on my OWN servers, with my own audience. I ask this because EVERY time there is an update, it usually overwrites core files that I have edited HEAVILY in order to make the game experience more enjoyable for myself and those that play with me.

I have tried just using the standard EXE to launch the game instead, but HudShift is NOT loaded properly when the Discovery mod is launched through Freelancer.exe.

Disclaimers:
  • Yes, I know this will make playing on the official server impossible. I don't care, nor do any of my players.

• I am absolutely certain there IS a way this can be done, it just hasn't made itself clear to me yet, which is why I'm hoping I'll get some help with it from the people that know how the whole thing works.

Take from github and make changes you need.

Quick and dirty fix to try is to make changes like this:

Code:
<Config>
    <RemotePatchLocation /> // <-- here
    <InstallPath>

RE: Disable forced game patch in Discovery Launcher? - Misfit - 08-03-2020

I don't see why you need to use the launcher at all. Linux players don't use the launcher (because they can't) and it works fine for them.