Discovery Gaming Community
Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable (/showthread.php?tid=181668)

Pages: 1 2 3

Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Champ - 07-09-2020

The following player base objects have had their invulnerability and freedom from repair materials removed:
  • Battleship Shokaku
  • Battleship Yanabayashi
  • Canberra Star City
  • Decaying Contraband Stash
  • Disabled Spy Base
  • Forgotten Network Hub
  • Hope's Watch
  • Kawada Storage Facility 1 2
  • Malfunctioning Depot
  • Med Force General and Research
  • Missing Passenger Liner
  • Ruined Liner
  • The Moon (still free from repair material requirements for now)
  • Libourne Research Complex

This means that these player bases are now vulnerable like any other, and will require upkeep with normal base supplies. To account for this, these bases have some HP above their maximum to allow some extra time. If you claimed one of these bases and don't want it, now would be the time to sell it. If you think something is wrong, please remain calm and let us know, and we'll be happy to make the appropriate changes. Part of the reason these player bases have been invulnerable for so long is that we barely knew they existed, and there's little keeping track of what's what.

If there is a player base that is in use by players that doesn't show up on the Nav Map that you are aware of, and it doesn't have a health bar, feel free to let us know about it, privately if appropriate.

There are still undiscovered or unclaimed derelict bases and objects out there to be found. These do not often use the standard player base model, and will not be visible on the player base tracker. If you'd like to claim one (beyond looting what it contains) and take ownership, please submit a player request.

Updates:
  • Added link to the scheme because people didn't know it existed.
  • The subtext of "please remain calm, we will fix mistakes" was apparently not obvious enough: please remain calm.
  • Changes undone for Canberra Star City, implementation under review.
  • Staff links added for Kawada
  • Link added for Hope's Watch, changes reversed, implementation under review.
  • Some more relevant(?) staff links here for review but not necessarily related to the above; 1 2

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Skorak - 07-09-2020

1. Were actually new solars made to enable damaging?
2. Are these now counted as core 1 pobs for attack decs or core 2+? 8 vs 24hrs. Norp vs rp?
3. Can everything be built on these now?

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Lythrilux - 07-09-2020

Makes some of these too much of a drain to be honest, although I guess they already kind of were a bit useless unless you developed them. Ngl I feel like these are now owed proper defenses if they're now being affected by this, as they're very weak. Otherwise, ok I guess.

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Thyrzul - 07-09-2020

(07-09-2020, 09:57 AM)Champ Wrote: Part of the reason these player bases have been invulnerable for so long is that we barely knew they existed, and there's little keeping track of what's what.
  • Battleship Shokaku - Fits temporary event battleship PoB naming scheme, possibly a leftover from an event.
  • Battleship Yanabayashi - Fits temporary event battleship PoB naming scheme, possibly a leftover from an event.
  • Canberra Star City - Base ran by Natio Octavarium. You might want to talk to Thexare or Kazinsal about this one.
  • Decaying Contraband Stash - Fits derelict naming scheme, possibly a leftover derelict.
  • Disabled Spy Base - Fits derelict naming scheme, possibly a leftover derelict.
  • Forgotten Network Hub - Fits derelict naming scheme, possibly a leftover derelict.
  • Hope's Watch - Does not fit derelict naming scheme, likely owned. You might want to ask around for the owner.
  • Kawada Storage Facility - Does not fit derelict naming scheme, likely owned. You might want to ask around for the owner.
  • Malfunctioning Depot - Fits derelict naming scheme, possibly a leftover derelict.
  • Med Force General and Research - Base ran by Med Force Enterprises. You might want to talk to Doc Holliday about this one.
  • Missing Passenger Liner - Fits derelict naming scheme, possibly a leftover derelict.
  • Ruined Liner - Fits derelict naming scheme, possibly a leftover derelict.
  • The Moon (still free from repair material requirements for now) - No clue.

You're welcome. Consider looking for information a bit more before acting upon assumptions, that helped me a lot in the past. Cheers.

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Skorak - 07-09-2020

The Moon is in uncharted Kusari.

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Emperor Tekagi - 07-09-2020

Kawada Storage Facility is owned by me. The ownership and invulnerable nature was done in a Player Request for abandoning ANY chance of upgrades for the derelict in return.
It found not much action in recent months, sure, though I'd like to further discuss this anyways.

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Saronsen - 07-09-2020

Canberra Star City is in fact the Natio Ocatavarium homebase and has been for.. a while.

Definitely gonna want to talk to the boys about this

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Lythrilux - 07-09-2020

(07-09-2020, 11:39 AM)NieRdackel Wrote: Kawada Storage Facility is owned by me. The ownership and invulnerable nature was done in a Player Request for abandoning ANY chance of upgrades for the derelict in return.
It found not much action in recent months, sure, though I'd like to further discuss this anyways.

Yeah I can say Malfunctioning Depot is owned by me and the request made in the same way (I think, it was a while ago). Likewise, I haven't done anything with it recently but I was planning to in the coming weeks.

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - Charo - 07-09-2020

(07-09-2020, 11:43 AM)Saronsen Wrote: Canberra Star City is in fact the Natio Ocatavarium homebase and has been for.. a while.

Definitely gonna want to talk to the boys about this

It even got a canonized NPC base added to it like, less than a year ago

RE: Invincible Player Bases Made Vulnerable - WesternPeregrine - 07-09-2020

Chiming in on behalf of Hope's Watch owner, The Sovereign (aka. @Nick Stenn aka @Forlorn Hope Command leader).

Hope's Watch was a former derelict claimed by the Faction, which was taken care for, placed under a few rp projects, and finally submitted to a srp request to remove wear and tear and consumption, as it is common practice with derelict bases which are actively taken and developed by players.

In terms of public access materials, I can find the most recent transmissions to Liberty authorities regarding the renewal of it's permits. The base (with the derelict name Uncompleted Outpost) is listed on the Derelict base list (legacy) as a rp asset and active.