Discovery Gaming Community
My sun and nebulae are become ugly - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: My sun and nebulae are become ugly (/showthread.php?tid=182085)

My sun and nebulae are become ugly - kleinsuess2000 - 07-22-2020

I have been playing the game for a while, and I found that dis mod has improved the screen quality of freelancer. But recently my game have changed the texture of the sun and nebula for some reason. Take Thuringia as an example:

Before:
[Image: r]

Now:

You can notice that the sun has become a white circle, and the nebula has lost its edge transition.
More examples:

RE: My sun and nebulae are become ugly - Save My Soul - 07-22-2020

Can't you make these screenshots EVEN BIGGER CUZ WHY GODDAM NOT REALLY YAH, eh?! Do it next time, everyone loves it. Duh...

…\Documents\My Games\Freelancer → PerfOptions.ini
[Image: nebulae-issue-fix-yah-and-dont-forget-to...t-time.png]
Had this bug once. Have no idea why this values changes.

RE: My sun and nebulae are become ugly - kleinsuess2000 - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 05:53 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: Can't you make these screenshots EVEN BIGGER CUZ WHY GODDAM NOT REALLY YAH, eh?! Do it next time, everyone loves it. Duh...

…\Documents\My Games\Freelancer → PerfOptions.ini
[Image: nebulae-issue-fix-yah-and-dont-forget-to...t-time.png]
Had this bug once. Have no idea why this values changes.

Sorry for big pic, Im a Noob for Posting LOL. Your way is right. You saved my game. Cool, love you

RE: My sun and nebulae are become ugly - Toaster - 07-22-2020

Today I learned that I was playing at reduced settings this entire time.

RE: My sun and nebulae are become ugly - Reno - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 06:42 PM)Toaster Wrote: Today I learned that I was playing at reduced settings this entire time.

Your not the only one

RE: My sun and nebulae are become ugly - Megaera - 07-22-2020

lol checked my own settings and it said 0.00 aswell.
Immediately changed them to 1.00

Thanks alot

Yah, this bug (or what is it even) can happen from time to time, these options are just reset and their values set to "0.00" by itself, but at the same time there are checkboxes in game settings as if everything is on. Weird things~

It might make sense to set the "Read-only" attribute in PerfOptions.ini properties to avoid this in the future. Tbh, I thought about it, but didn't do. I ran into this bug only once (a couple month ago) and it never happened again.

RE: My sun and nebulae are become ugly - Username removed - 07-22-2020

Won't messing with this trigger the anti-cheat?

RE: My sun and nebulae are become ugly - Laz - 07-22-2020

This is your game settings, a save as it were. Freelancer defaults to 0.00 for unknown hardware (read: new graphics cards), which is why many of you will have this issue.

(07-22-2020, 09:22 PM)Laz Wrote: This is your game settings, a save as it were. Freelancer defaults to 0.00 for unknown hardware (read: new graphics cards), which is why many of you will have this issue.

Hmm... Honestly I doubt this can explain the sudden change of these options. I don't really think my game considered my hardware "unknown", at least because I didn't even have any hint of lowering the game settings all this years (many years) and my nebulae and solars looked gorgeous. But then suddenly the settings change and the surrounding space starts to look like sh... Crap. Yah. Nothing happened that would differentiate the state of my PC that day from the previous day. Nothing at all, for sure. I just started the game as always after eight hours and the settings changed.