Discovery Gaming Community
The redemption of The Rose Part II - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The redemption of The Rose Part II (/showthread.php?tid=182099)

Pages: 1 2 3

The redemption of The Rose Part II - Blackstarr - 07-23-2020

Aya landed the stolen fighter in bay 1 of MedForce General. Once known as Keiko Matsumado, she had changed her identity to Aya Isehara, had her tattoos removed, her nose slightly altered, and had decided to leave her outlaw ways behind. There was only one issue. As an Ex-Chrysanthemum who spent a lot of time on Planet Malta, she was severely addicted to cardamine. This was the purpose of her visit to MFG thia day. There was only one man in Sirius who maybe, possibly, had a solution. Doc Holliday. Keiko - no, "Aya" she reminded herself, had dealings with him before. He pledged to help anyone medically regardless of affiliation.

Aya walked into the reception area and up to the desk. The receptionist looked up.

"My name is Aya Isehara. I was hoping for an audience with Doc."

"Mr. Holliday is a very busy man. It may be a long wait. Is this an issue one of our other physicians can help you with?"

"I am willing to wait as long as needed. I wish for very few people as possible to know why I am here. It needs to be Doc."

"Very well." The receptionist typed on her keypad a message to him. "Please make yourself comfortable. You may be waiting a while"

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Doc Holliday - 07-24-2020

Med Force General and Research, Baffin System

He was going through files in a private office on the base. He found an old, large closet on a private deck that seemed to be forgotten which was surprising considering the engineers had a station nearby. Still, it was cool and quiet and no one knew where to find him there. With his backlog of work, it was a necessity. He had been in the office for several hours and with his work now caught up, he needed something to eat. With that, he took a walk to the main lobby to check messages. His large brimmed hat and black attire gave him away when he wasn't in his doctor's whites.

The receptionist smiled at him as he approached.
"Denise, it is lovely to see you again," he said with a smile with his accented southern gentleman's voice.
"Always a pleasure, Doc," she smiled in return. "You have someone looking for you." She then pointed toward a Kusari woman.
He looked toward her curiously and asked Denise, "Any idea who she is?
"No," Denise replied, "Her name is Aya Isehara and she said that she can only see you."
"Very well," replied Doc, "I will see what she wants."
"And Doc," said Denise, "next time, answer your pager?" He just smiled at her and walked over to the Kusari woman.

He removed his hat and nodded, "Miss Isehara, I am Dr. John Holliday. It is a pleasure to meet you." He then took a seat next to her, glancing over her as he sat.
"How may I be of service?"

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Blackstarr - 07-25-2020

As Doc approached Aya stood and bowed in traditional greeting.

"Good evening Mr. Holliday. I assume there is somewhere we can go so we can speak confidentially?"
She smiled as he nodded and led her to an office. She took a seat in one of the chairs in the room.

"In order for you to know if you can help me I am going to be 100 percent candid with you sir. I trust your reputation for discretion.

As you well know my name is Aya Isehara. However that is the name that is in every house database thanks to some Hacker freinds of mine. My given name is Keiko Matsumado. You may know me as I was once the Okasan of the Golden Chrysanthemums.... I stepped down from that position when my father became ill and I needed to care for him and ultimately attend to his will when he died on Planet Malta. I do not believe we met while I was leader of the [GC] however I know we had good standings with the [TAZ] which I believe you were a member of at the time.

I have since left the Sisterhood after going to prison and escaping, and coming back to find that my organization has taken a much more aggressive turn. One that I do not agree with. I have since come to the conclusion that I do not want to continue with anything criminal. However there is one problem with that. As an Ex-GC who was born on Malta my blood seethes with Cardamine. I wish to find some sort of respite from this issue, and I was hoping as the foremost medical professionals in Sirius, MFE may know of a solution."

Aya sat back sighing as she let out everything she had bottled away for years.

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Doc Holliday - 07-26-2020

Med Force General and Research, Baffin System

"Of course," he replied to her at her request. Helping her up, they began walking down a hallway, his hands behind his back as he listened. Her name didn't ring a bell to him from his TAZ days but the GC group from which she came did. He sighed when she mentioned it as it brought back bad thoughts of his daughter who was now with the GC's. For the moment, he couldn't see anything obvious on her through her clothing.

They entered his office. It was the most private place he could think of. Examination rooms had foot traffic passing and he wanted her to feel comfortable. He offered her a chair in front of his own and poured her a glass of seltzer and then himself. His office was adequate and nothing like his other offices. A couple of pictures were on his wall, one of a cabin in a snowy forest and the other of him and two kids. He also locked the door.

He then sighed, "Cardamine," he began, "one of the most evil substances ever. Miss Isehara, I will not lie, the last couple of people that I attempted to reverse the effects of cardamine on died. That drug just infuses itself into your DNA and when I kill it, I kill parts of you. It does not mean I will not try, I just want you to know the realities of it." He raised his fingers in quotations around success. "My only success was with someone who had just started with it. It did not have time to mutate as a long time addict did."
He managed a light smile, "But, since then, the creation of Stabiline has come about. It does not reverse the effects of cardamine nor does it break dependency on a drug. Whatever DNA alterations it has done to your body chemistry is permanent." He sighed, "I hope to one day be able to fix that but years later, I have had no luck."

He then reached for his bio-scanner. "Now, Miss Isehara, as I have no medical records of you, with your permission, may I conduct an exam? I will even call in Denise if you want the comfort of another woman present as I need to look at you....naturally for the lack of better terms."
It was obvious, he was trying to be a gentleman.

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Blackstarr - 07-26-2020

Aya stood as he took the scanner in hand.

"Yes that would be appreciated very much" She said, responding to the question about Denise being present.

"I was afraid that you would say something like that." She sighed. "The damage done to my body is irreversable, but I diddnt want to let myself down. This stabaline... as you called it.... I would need to take it at a regular dosage just like cardamine I am guessing? Trading an illegal substance for a legal one..." The irony of that was not lost on her.

"Is this a substance I can get as a pharmaceutical, or would I need to get it through you?" She asked. "As of right now I still dont know where I will go from this point..."

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Doc Holliday - 07-26-2020

"Denise," he spoke into his comm, "could you come down to exam room 5 for a few minutes?"
"Yes, Doctor Holliday. Just a minute" replied the voice.
He then took the scanner and keeping it within a few inches of her body, he began going over her without so much as a touch.

"This is quite a marvel," he explained as he scanned her. It is a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff and can take both a blood sample reading and DNA sample all at once. It will even read known diseases."
He continued his scan going from head to toe, front to back. As he scanned, he paused in a bit of mild surprise and then re-scanned her in the mid section.
"Miss Isehara, it may be no big deal to you but it is to me. Most females addicted to cardamine are infertile hence the low birth rate on Malta. You, however, are one of the few who is still fertile."
He then shrugged, "As I said, it may not mean much to you but it is a pleasant surprise for me as I seldom see this."

He then shut off the scanner and read the results before entering them into his database. "Asides your addiction, you are in good health. The typical strength enhancements because of cardamine and no health issues that I can see internally."
About this time, Denise entered and took a seat near her. "Now, as a standard procedure, we identify scars, marks and such for your profile. I cannot make you do this but it is also why Denise is here."
He smiled a bit, "I promise, I am not here to hurt you or violate you. I just take a photoscan of you while unclothed. Once done, we will discuss treatment options."

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Blackstarr - 07-27-2020

Aya looked slightly shocked when she was told she was still fertile. Aya had no interest in men, however it was nice to know that if she chose to she could have child. She smiled at that thought.

If Aya had any negative thoughts about undressing in front of a man she had just met she diddnt show it. There was only one woman who had made her blush and she had left long before Aya's arrest. She shrugged off that thought and quickly undressed, endured the scan, and redressed once it was done.

"So what is the diagnosis Doc?" Aya said jokingly, trying to clear any tension that happened during the natural examination. Aya tried to hide her concern about how she was going to get regular doses of Stabaline. 'That was why you are here wasnt it?' , she thought to herself.

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Doc Holliday - 07-28-2020

"Denise, I think we will be good here," he said to her once the physical exam was done. "Thank you."
"You're welcome," replied Denise. She then turned to Aya and gave her a nod. "It was a pleasure meeting you." With that, she left.

Doc sat back in his chair. "Asides the scars from tattoo removal and your addiction, you are in otherwise good health."
He sighed, "Stabiline is new to us as it is fairly new on the market. Admittedly, I have not tried treatment with it. I describe it as an alternative. You will still want the drug but it does not have all the effects and DNA change that cardi has. I guess my first question is, how often do you take a dose of cardamine?"

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Blackstarr - 07-29-2020

Aya sat down in once of the chairs against the wall.

"I used to smoke about a pack of cardirettes a day and I usually have cardi tea with my dinner, however in prison they only gave me 1 liquid injection a day just to keep me from dying." Aya sighed. She never wanted to go back to that wretched prison station.

"Your scans did not show traces of withdrawal over the past couple of years?"

RE: The redemption of The Rose Part II - Doc Holliday - 07-30-2020

"As I have no file on you, what my scanner picked up today is a baseline. Perhaps with past readings it might pick up withdrawal but......." was his reply.

He was disturbed by the prison story. "I find house authorities every bit as brutal as those they often jail. Take no offense by that but from the perspective of one who does not support the use of violence to achieve a means, I find it sickening."
He took a small flashlight and looked into her eyes. As he did, he continued to make conversation.
"Where were you jailed? he asked. "It was not so long ago that I almost found myself in a Bretonian prison for a murder I did not commit." He snorted as he changed eyes. "Bretonia.....I find the Crown to be barbaric and I disapprove of them strongly."

He put the light down and began feeling glands in her throat. "Some things are best examined the old fashioned way. Scanners are nice but it does not give us the chance to know our patients."