Discovery Gaming Community
Operation: Home Run | Saturday Sept. 5th, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Operation: Home Run | Saturday Sept. 5th, 16:00-18:00 UTC (/showthread.php?tid=182196)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Operation: Home Run | Saturday Sept. 5th, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Dhomie42 - 07-29-2020

Operation: Home Run
Community event

Description
With the recent lack of major hostilities from the Insurgency, along with the news of Kusari advancing into Gallia, Mid Command elements of the Liberty Navy First Fleet decided to arrange a major military exercise in the Pennsylvania system, in preparation for future operations, and conflicts.

Codenamed "Operation: Home Run", the exercise will take place between Bethlehem Station, and Planet Erie.

LN, LSF, and LPI personnel will be expected to participate in this exercise, thus the area around Erie, and Bethlehem will be temporary off-limits until the exercise concludes.
To spice things up a little, Mid Command decided to offer monetary rewards for participants. Additionally, the decision was made to allow Liberty corporate security personnel to participate as well.

Details
This will be a Liberty Lawful event, where Liberty Lawfuls will be participating against each other.

While there won't be any priorities of which faction will be considered first, a mix of all 3 would be ideal.

DISCLAIMER: You'll be in situations when you'll be in combat against same IDed, and allied ships, so we need all participants to understand this, and agree to this.

The event will take place on Saturday, September 5th, 2020, and will start between 16:00-18:00 Server Time, depending on when those who wish to participate can attend.
If need be, the date and time can be changed, but please tell us in advance.

Allowed ships, and equipment
The following ship types/classes are allowed for their respective slots in the Registration section:

The following ship types/classes are considered as "Snubs" for this event, thus any of these may be used in the Snub slot.

All equipment are allowed, except for the following:

Game rules
This event won't be a generic "go here and pew until death" one. The exercise will be about a "Fleet Battle" mode. The details will be below, and the rules after that:

- In case a Team were to violate any of the game rules, the other Team will automatically win that round.
Monetary rewards
-Each participant will be rewarded with 10 million credits.
-The winning Team's members will get an additional 10 million per participant.
-A total of 360 million credits are available for rewards, 240 million for the winning Team, 120 million for the other Team.
Registration
You can register up to 3 ships for the slot/class you wish to fill in, this is to allow flexibility between rounds. Since the Snub slot includes 3 different classes, you can choose whatever you want, you can get 1-1-1 of each, or register 3 VHFs, whatever suits you. Some examples can be viewed below.

Registration is mandatory. Non-registered ships are to not approach the combat area to avoid confusion. Camera ships will of course be allowed to film the event should they wish.
While we don't expect a lot of interest towards this, we encourage signing up even if slots by some miracle end up filled completely. Teams will be balanced as needed, so registering for both sides is possible. Don't forget that you can sign up as Reserve if you're not sure you can make it to the event, or if you could participate in case Teams need to be balanced.

Please use the following code to register:

Code:
Team: *Insert "Team 1 / Team 2" depending on which Team you'd like to participate in.*
Ship class: *Insert the slot/class you want to occupy*
1st ship, and affiliation: *Insert ship name, and affiliation here, mandatory*
2nd ship, and affiliation: *Insert ship name, and affiliation here, optional*
3rd ship, and affiliation: *Insert ship name, and affiliation here, optional*
Character name to which the monetary reward(s) should be sent: *Insert the name here*

By registering, I acknowledge, and understand that I will be in combat against same IDed, allied players, that participants can respawn before each round, and I won't file any rule violation reports related to this.

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Yannis - 07-29-2020

/Sorry, duty calls that day, I won't be able to attend/

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Dark.Star - 07-29-2020

Team: "Team 2"

Ship class: Snubs

1st ship, and affiliation: [LIA]-Irbis, Upholder, Liberty Security Force

Character name to which the monetary reward(s) should be sent: Tosa

By registering, I acknowledge, and understand that I will be in combat against same IDed, allied players, that participants can respawn before each round, and I won't file any rule violation reports related to this.

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - PhoenixClaw - 07-29-2020

Team: Team.. well, move me to whatever team might need an additional pilot
Ship class: Snub
1st ship, and affiliation: 5th|Brian.Smith (Guardian | Liberty Navy)
2nd ship, and affiliation: 5th|Brian:Smith (Cupholder | Liberty Navy)

Character name to which the monetary reward(s) should be sent: Phoenixbank

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Dhomie42 - 07-30-2020

Bumping this.
With the rather obvious lack of interest towards the event, it will most likely take place a week later, either on Saturday, or Sunday (8th-9th of August).
If by some miracle we'll get at least 6-6 participants for each Team about 1-2 hours before the current date, then the event won't be postponed.

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Lumik - 07-31-2020

Quote:LN, LSF, and LPI personnel will be expected to participate in this exercise, thus the area around Erie, and Bethlehem will be temporary off-limits until the exercise concludes.

I think you should reconsider the area. I mean, it´s the area where new players start and fly, so I think it is not a good idea to close it, if even for two hours. Imagine you are a new guy, you undock and suddenly someone is telling you "area is closed, go away".

It would be also good for you to change it I think, because in this area you may have to deal with "intruders" repeatedly, some of them may not even speak English properly or know rules (so they may re-engage for example), what may in the end ruin the event.

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Jeter.Leo - 07-31-2020

Team: "Team 1"

Ship class: Caps

1st ship, and affiliation: LNS-Freedomwings , Overlord , Liberty Navy

Character name to which the monetary reward(s) should be sent:CPW-Confucius

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Dhomie42 - 07-31-2020

(07-31-2020, 02:06 PM)Lumik8 Wrote: I think you should reconsider the area. I mean, it´s the area where new players start and fly, so I think it is not a good idea to close it, if even for two hours. Imagine you are a new guy, you undock and suddenly someone is telling you "area is closed, go away".

It would be also good for you to change it I think, because in this area you may have to deal with "intruders" repeatedly, some of them may not even speak English properly or know rules (so they may re-engage for example), what may in the end ruin the event.

Pennsylvania was chosen because the 2 homebases are relatively close to each other, and there is no direct trade lane connection between them. Alaska and Virginia are out of the question, because both have ice fields, that make flying caps a nightmare. For California, Los Angeles and California Minor would be the option, however the distance between the 2 is bigger, there, and lore-wise, it wouldn't make sense to have a military exercise in a system that is already "contested" by Insurgency forces.

Although LPI Sugarland, and Planet Houston could be another option, if people would prefer that, then the location will be changed as needed.

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - James Horatio Creed - 07-31-2020

Team: Team 1
Ship class: Battlecruiser
1st ship, and affiliation: LNS-Tomahawk Liberty Navy ID
2nd ship, and affiliation: N/A
3rd ship, and affiliation: N/A
Character name to which the monetary reward(s) should be sent: LNS-Argonaute

RE: Operation: Home Run | Sunday August 2nd, 16:00-18:00 UTC - Dhomie42 - 08-01-2020

Bumping this.
I'm not really sure there will be enough participants by tomorrow, unless by some miracle we actually manage to get enough people, so this event will be postponed.
Considering that a different event will take place on the 8th of August, this will either be postponed to 9th of August, or for the next weekend after that (15-16th of August), or the worst case scenario is that the event will be reworked completely into something else for a different date.