Discovery Gaming Community
Unable to save screenshots - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Unable to save screenshots (/showthread.php?tid=182228)

Unable to save screenshots - Lonely_Ghost - 07-27-2020

For some reason, I've got no screenshots beings saved in the designated folder.
I've deleted the empty folder now, in-game pressed "Print Screen". The folder appeared, but it was empty.

Also,
It is possible to retrieve chat logs somehow, because, those are needed to my RP.

RE: Unable to save screenshots - Black.Cat - 07-27-2020

same problem with screenshots.

RE: Unable to save screenshots - Traxit - 07-27-2020

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Freelancer

DSAce.txt

RE: Unable to save screenshots - Lonely_Ghost - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 04:23 PM)Traxit Wrote: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Freelancer

DSAce.txt

Thanks a lot!

RE: Unable to save screenshots - Infamous - 08-02-2020

(07-27-2020, 04:15 PM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote: For some reason, I've got no screenshots beings saved in the designated folder.
I've deleted the empty folder now, in-game pressed "Print Screen". The folder appeared, but it was empty.

Also,
It is possible to retrieve chat logs somehow, because, those are needed to my RP.

Also having same problem with screenshots

RE: Unable to save screenshots - Champ - 08-02-2020

I'd recommend using Xbox Game Bar or OneDrive to capture screenshots in Windows 10; I've never really understood or been able to trust the native Print Screen, for which you may need to dig around settings to save screens rather than copy them to the clipboard.

RE: Unable to save screenshots - darkwind - 08-02-2020

Print Screen is not working in 'window modded' freelancer
Anyway, I am using program 'Greenshot' with setting
'Capture window' when pressed 'Prnt scrn'
that gives me ability to have screenshot in any situation.

RE: Unable to save screenshots - Unity - 08-02-2020

Run it as a non steam game and then hit F12, thats what i do.

RE: Unable to save screenshots - David.Leroy - 08-02-2020

(07-27-2020, 04:23 PM)Traxit Wrote: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Freelancer

DSAce.txt

I have the same problem. I can't find "DSAce.txt" in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Freelancer". Where should I search to get the chat logs ?

L.E.: SOLVED - The file is "DSAce.log" instead "DSAce.txt". Thank's!

RE: Unable to save screenshots - David.Leroy - 08-02-2020

(07-27-2020, 04:15 PM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote: For some reason, I've got no screenshots beings saved in the designated folder.

If you have Windows 10, to capture your entire screen and automatically save the screenshot, tap the Windows key + Print Screen key. Your screen will briefly go dim to indicate that you've just taken a screenshot, and the screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder as *.png file with at a decent quality.

It works for me without any other software.