Discovery Gaming Community
[POLL] Unique ships available to public - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [POLL] Unique ships available to public (/showthread.php?tid=182295)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[POLL] Unique ships available to public - Nepotu - 07-30-2020

There are three ships in the mod that barely saw the light of stars. I am talking about Persephone, Satsuma and Necrosis. Why don't these ships get proper balance to our today's mod standards and be released to public? The models are done, they just need the balance. It would be a really easy way of adding a tiny bit more of diversity to capital ships,

RE: [POLL] Unique ships available to public - Groshyr - 07-30-2020

They're UNIQUE because they're NOT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC

RE: [POLL] Unique ships available to public - Nepotu - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 08:28 PM)Groshyr Wrote: They're UNIQUE because they're NOT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC

Well...the idea is to not make them unique anymore daaah

RE: [POLL] Unique ships available to public - SnakThree - 07-30-2020

What about remaining unique ships, like snubcrafts?

(07-30-2020, 08:29 PM)Nepotu Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:28 PM)Groshyr Wrote: They're UNIQUE because they're NOT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC

So you want the stuff people wasted time, inspiration, even real cash, for to become available for publicity which is... well, you know.

(07-30-2020, 08:33 PM)Groshyr Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:29 PM)Nepotu Wrote:

So you want the stuff people wasted time, inspiration, even real cash, for to become available for publicity which is... well, you know.

What's the issue there? I paid cash for Bison to be improved for all Disco players and Stegodons to be added for all Ageira players and I don't see it as something horrible. People who want special toys for themselves are fine if they are active with it. But the moment you have a ship that has been inactive for years, you can reuse that model for public rather than exactly 0 players or worse, 1 player with stupid 1 post-SRP that finds "unique" ship abandoned in Nebula.

Link me that RP. And I'm not abou Werdi & CO but about anybody else making such RP to get exactly unique ship.

I for example wouldn't want somebody else fly the ship I RPed for myself and only me.

(07-30-2020, 08:39 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Link me that RP. And I'm not abou Werdi & CO but about anybody else making such RP to get exactly unique ship.

I for example wouldn't want somebody else fly the ship I RPed for myself and only me.

Yeah, but if you have left community for more than 5 years and your unique ship is wiped, what's the issue?

RE: [POLL] Unique ships available to public - Nepotu - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 08:39 PM)Groshyr Wrote: Link me that RP. And I'm not abou Werdi & CO but about anybody else making such RP to get exactly unique ship.

I get you, but these ships haven't been used in YEARS. They are in the mod for nothing at the moment

Currently only 2 of the unique ships are in use: Sirene and Harmony. Perhaps there's any else but I haven't see them.

I also hope you do realize that such ship as necrosis are to be rebalanced and actually improved because its literally import from EVE online. What can I say about Persephone... Third zoner BS? Sure, why not. Zoners need to have 100% powercell with everything. What else? Ah, ugly kusari yacht-battleship. Who even would fly it in normal state of mind? What else? Zoner pseudo-liner or battleship. Whatever it is. Well, this one I'd fly but there is no lore how that ship can lay down in somebody else's hands. AFAIK it ended to be 'arrested' by Wilds. Did I miss anything?