Discovery Gaming Community
To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted (/showthread.php?tid=183003)

To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted - Sakura.Kobayashi - 09-01-2020

[Image: b4om7Hfs.jpg]
To: Med Force Enterprises
Encryption: SIDH-Quantum Hash OTP
Subject: Medical device modification and implant

Konnichiwa Honored Doctors ,

I am the captain of the Rio Dreams. Several years ago I was captured and imprisoned by Outcasts. While I was a slave to the Outcasts they forced me to continuously consume Cardamine to prevent my escape. I finally escaped after the ship I was enslaved on was destroyed by Corsairs. My escape pod was collected by a Cryer employee who brought me their base and treated me for Cardamine withdrawal. The doctors there determined that due to the high quantity and long-term exposure that I had to Cardamine that I would always have a physiological dependency on it, and they have provided me with on-going refills of Stabiline to manage it.

After recovering sufficiently, I started picking up the pieces of my life and have gradually built up a successful career as a freelance trader. I currently have an understanding with my first officer and crew about handling the ship and executing our contracts when I am incapacitated or under the effects of Cardamine or Stabiline. They have some concerns however, as currently if I become completely incapacitated I have to rely on my crew to provide me with the necessary Cardamine or Stabiline. As a general policy I have made sure that no one else on my crew is similarly afflicted by Cardamine addiction, so they are somewhat wary of providing me with a dose when I am unconscious. Also, despite the fact that I have trained my crew on the side effects and have allowed them to observe me when under the influence of Cardamine, some of them have reservations about determining my ability to command the ship.

During my travels I had heard of a device called a "Bio-Stability Monitor", I had managed to procure several, and based on what I could find about them they seem ideal for monitoring my vital signs and regularly testing my blood for Cardamine or Stabiline. The devices appear to have the ability to communicate to a remote location as well as also having the ability to provide small quantities of medicine in emergency situations.

These devices seem perfectly fit to help me consistently manage my withdrawals as well as provide the necessary life-saving measures needed to keep me alive and provide output to my crew and ship.

Initially I had reached out to Cryer Pharmaceuticals about this technology and possible modification and implant for me as they had a similar device called the "Med-Stasis Band", and I thought they were interested. However, unfortunately they have not responded to my repeated attempts to communicate with them after the initial transmission.

In my travels I had heard of MFE and the medical work they had done in the past with the Gen'an as well as other neutral parties as well as their medical proficiency at handling difficult cases. Given my lack of ability to communicate with Cryer I hoped that the MFE would have the capabilities to accomplish what I desired.

I am more than willing to part with my cache of "Bio-Stability Monitor" devices if needed so that you may work on modifying or having someone reprogram them for you. All that I would ask is if the below list could possibly be accomplished.

To be direct, I am looking for the following.
- A bio monitor device that can monitor my system for Cardamine or Stabiline as well as regularly monitoring my vital signs.
(This should already be built in, I assume parameters just need to be provided for Cardamine/Stabiline)
- The bio monitor device having the ability to inject a minimal life-saving dose of Cardamine or Stabiline in emergency.
(This also should already be built in as well.)
- The bio monitor device is modified to interface with my ship so that it can notify my crew of my status.
(This may require outside assistance on modifying or intercepting the external communications, as the functionality is already present in the stock device)
- The necessary medical procedure to implant the device discreetly in my body and validate the functionality of the device.

If the modifications seems out of scope for what you wish to provide that is certainly understandable. In that event I would want to try and work with an external party such as the Auxesia or some other third-party to coordinate the modification. The basic functionality is already present however, so I would still want to move forward with the implant.

RE: To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted - Doc Holliday - 09-01-2020

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Kobayashi Sakura
Encryption: Doctor/Patient Confidentiality

Konnichiwa, Miss Sakura,

You are not the first person to come to me looking for a way out of cardamine's grip nor will you be the last. I have spent years studying its mystery and how to reverse its effects but to this point, I have had little success. It does sound to me that you have discovered Stabiline. Unfortunately, it only takes care of the psychological dependency but for now, it is the best thing available.
My real fear is that one day the wrong person will learn of my studies and well, I think you know where that would go with the Maltese. I will admit, it is not my intention to interfere with their production, use and distribution. I only work with those who have had enough and want to break free, say, that teenager who just experiments for kicks.

You are in luck with bio stability monitors. I keep a ready supply of them as each member of Med Force Enterprises is given one, that way if something should happen to them, they can always be found and monitored as needed. They can indeed give doses of medicine however I find the med stasis band to more effective for this and yes, I keep those on hand as well. As the stability monitor is implanted into the body, the med stasis band is worn outside of it so it is much easier to refill and maintain. As you might guess, you will have options. We can discuss it more later.

All this said, make your way to Med Force General and Research in Baffin. It is where I do that kind of work. Let us see what we can figure out. I look forward to meeting you.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
Founder, Med Force Enterprises

RE: To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted - Sakura.Kobayashi - 09-04-2020

To: Dr. John Henry Holliday

Konnichiwa Dr. Holliday,

I have made my way to your station and await your attention at your convenience. I am certainly open to whatever recommendations you may make regarding the med stasis bands or stability monitors. Ideally I am looking for something discreet, and somewhat comfortable if possible. As a prisoner of the Outcasts I saw much of their breather masks, and find the sight of them quite offensive and would prefer to not have anything which reminds me of them. Due to the locating properties of the bio-stability monitors it may be beneficial to have a combination of both the monitor and med stasis bands as the effects of Stabiline or Cardamine can result in erratic behaviors. This would make it possible for my crew or a third party such as MFE to be able to locate me in such situations. Also, as a freelance captain I interact with many different groups of peoples and do not wish to cause distraction or problems with them, so I don't wish to appear other than as a normal person.

As you have mentioned I have certainly found Stabiline, and where possible I do attempt to use it instead of Cardamine, however there have been times where access to Stabiline has been scarce such as when traveling through Bretonia and Gallia where I have been forced to turn to less reputable groups to access Cardamine until I can get back to locations where Stabiline is readily available. Unfortunately it seems that the unlawful network for Cardamine is much more extensive and better supported than Cryer's own distribution network. I have an existing working agreement with Cryer for Stabiline from Atka, however I need to work out a broader distribution agreement as currently my travels take me far from there and being leashed to a single location has proven unsustainable.

RE: To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted - Sakura.Kobayashi - 09-15-2020

--- Retransmitting ---
--- Boosting Signal ---

RE: To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted - Doc Holliday - 09-26-2020

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Kobayashi Sakura

Konnichiwa,

I apologize for my delayed response. Stabiline is still in its infancy as compared to cardamine and does not have near the amount of transport either. With everything going on, I have not had the time to make it readily available. I keep some secretly stashed on all of our bases and even in holds of some hospital ships. I would be a liar to say that it will be an easy transition for you but give it time and effort, we will make forward progress on this.

So for now, plan your routes to where you can make a stop. I will be moving Med Force Two into Omega 3 soon. Gallia? That will take some thought. I promised to help you. While it will take some time, I keep my promises. Just bear with me.

-Doc

RE: To: MFE | From: Kobayashi Sakura | Encrypted - Sakura.Kobayashi - 09-27-2020

To: Dr. John Henry Holliday

Konnichiwa Dr. Holliday,

I understand the difficulties with sourcing Stabiline, having experienced it first hand myself. I'm more than happy to work with you on the supply of it and adjusting my trade routes to support it to some degree. I won't ask my crew to make such a sacrifice however, as it is their livelihoods we affect by it as well, so I may at times need to make trips to your facilities privately while my crew continues on their assignment.

As we had initially discussed I am still interested in the med stasis bands or stability monitors, or even a combination of the two for the purpose of monitoring, supplying, and notifying my crew in emergencies. For now I would like to move forward on that, with the focus on resolving my immediate issues, and then we can work towards a long-term solution for the supplying of needed medicines.

My hope is that with an established, documented, and manageable system in place I will be able to make the appropriate requests for waivers in the major houses to allow me to transport a reasonable amount of Stabiline with me through them lawfully.

Thank you,
Kobayashi Sakura