Discovery Gaming Community
Pristine Ice ore replacement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Pristine Ice ore replacement (/showthread.php?tid=183162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Pristine Ice ore replacement - Kauket - 09-09-2020

What is Pristine Ice and why was copper ore renamed to this?

What is even the point of it? One of the higher sell points is in Kyushu??? Wtf is the point in that, there's literally water asteroids in T29 anyway????

This seems really dumb because water is super common in Sirius.

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - Jonathan Seabourne - 09-09-2020

It's not just ice, it's pristine ice.

But it is admittedly a curious decision to replace a material that is foundational to all electronics and shipbuilding in the sector with unusually refreshing water.

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - Megaera - 09-09-2020

Next up is high grade oxygen

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - DSE|= - 09-09-2020

Dang! I thought they had said it was moved to the Pristine icefield in Cortez... which would have been a great move!

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - Karlotta - 09-09-2020

I am still offering what ever sorry expletive is trying to fix mining and the economy and system layout and combat balance and pobs and lore and nomad roleplay and pvp honor codes and laws and rules the assistance of my humungous brain. Also, I think Kauket's post is very disrespectful as he obviously forgot that devs are unpaid volunteers who work for free out of their own magnanimous mindsets. Watching him berate them like this makes me sick to my stomach.

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - Kauket - 09-09-2020

If you make a dumb decision, of course everyone is going to think that you're an idiot.

It still doesn't make any lick of sense to be an ore.

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - SnakThree - 09-09-2020

(09-09-2020, 05:29 AM)Kauket Wrote: If you make a dumb decision, of course everyone is going to think that you're an idiot.

Do you have any better suggestions for mineable commodity in Cortez?

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - Nen - 09-09-2020

(09-09-2020, 05:57 AM)SnakThree Wrote: Do you have any better suggestions for mineable commodity in Cortez?

Off the top of my head
Lanthanum, Rhodium, Osmium, Erbium, Rhenium, Gallium, Germanium, and many other metals.

All being very important metals for things such as semiconductors, optics, alloys, catalysts, and various other applications and are significantly rarer than water.

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - SnakThree - 09-09-2020

(09-09-2020, 06:05 AM)Nen Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 05:57 AM)SnakThree Wrote: Do you have any better suggestions for mineable commodity in Cortez?

Off the top of my head
Lanthanum, Rhodium, Osmium, Erbium, Rhenium, Gallium, Germanium, and many other metals.

All being very important metals for things such as semiconductors, optics, alloys, catalysts, and various other applications and are significantly rarer than water.

In Cortez.

RE: Pristine Ice ore replacement - Kauket - 09-09-2020

(09-09-2020, 05:57 AM)SnakThree Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 05:29 AM)Kauket Wrote: If you make a dumb decision, of course everyone is going to think that you're an idiot.

Do you have any better suggestions for mineable commodity in Cortez?

Yes.

Return Copper Ore, or if you really insist and wanting to do something else, make it so that you can get military salvage from the gallic war wreckages. Or just make another random ore, like Bauxite or something. It makes more sense than literally mining ice wtf?

Why would it NEED to be in Cortez? That's way too close and it would have been mined up since Cortez has been linked up for hundreds of years.