Discovery Gaming Community
[Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown (/showthread.php?tid=183261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

[Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - DarkTails - 09-12-2020

Capetown Showdown
Omicron Zeta
Combat event

OVERVIEW

With the frontlines between the Order and Core stalemated, the Order has made a move to break this stalemate and put pressure on the Core to both exhaust manpower and resources in a signature hit and run style attack. The Order has deployed a specialized warship near Capetown with the intention of luring out a response force and striking them down. The Core however sees an opportunity to weaken their enemies force, and have responded by deploying their own warship to bring the Order force into a decisive battle.

With the stage set for a showdown near the Pohnpei Edge Nebula and Planet Murilo, only time will tell which side will prevail in a clash of titans.

DETAILS

• Both the Order and Core will have titan-class warships on the field, with the objective being to destroy the opposing titan.
  • Players will receive rewards following completion of event. Rest assured these will be plenty and widely distributed.
  • For the duration of this event and for balance, the titans will not be shooting each other but will instead defend themselves from the opposing side. Victory will be declared when all the titans of one side fall, concluding the event.

Date:
18:00 UTC, Sunday 9/13/2020

Rule changes:
  • For the duration of the event, the respawn timer will be 10 minutes.

Allowed IDs:
  • The Order (Official and Independent)
  • The Core (Official and Independent)

NOTES

The outcome of this event will have minor story ramifications.

Write-up & image by @DarkTails

RE: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - Vitoniz30 - 09-12-2020

May I ask to reschedule event to 18 UTC at very least? Current timing looks pretty late.
Also, do Order|/Core| members lead titans or somebody else?

RE: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - DarkTails - 09-12-2020

The titans are being manned by event staff however we can coordinate with Order and Core teams to allow best coordination. I'll inquire about moving the event back an hour if possible but I cannot give a 100% guarantee at this moment, I'll get back to you.

RE: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - Groshyr - 09-12-2020

This event has no outcome?

The outcome is determined based on the victor, and will be represented in small part by Story.

RE: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - Czechmate - 09-12-2020

Will the rewards be weighted more towards the Order?
In other words
Will the rewards be weighted more towards the winning side, or merely to participants?

And thank you for announcing in advance - smart choice in these siege events

RE: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - xenomorph - 09-12-2020

Please try move the event back an hour -- 18 UTC.

RE: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - Switchback - 09-12-2020

(09-12-2020, 08:55 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: Will the rewards be weighted more towards the Order?
In other words
Will the rewards be weighted more towards the winning side, or merely to participants?

Victors (Order or Core) will get the "better" prize, but all Participants will get something. What is being given out is up to the GMs. That said the prizes I heard being discussed are cool.

RE: [Combat Event] - Capetown Showdown - Dark.Star - 09-12-2020

Can someone tell me why the respawn timer is SO short?
Back at "Clash of the Titans", Conseilards versus MRG, we had respawn timer enabled until one of the Titans perished, or both.
These things will have an enormous amount of health, none will go down in 10 minutes, nor we have enough active people to DO it in 10 minutes.
I suggest you either increase the timer to around 30 minutes, maybe more, or until one of the Titans is dead.

Bear in mind that the event time is both on a Sunday evening and that it may be adjusted as the event proceeds. Different approaches are being tested to see what works best and where. If deemed necessary the timer may increase or decrease as appropriate. We're keeping in mind those who have to work and/or have plans the next day. Bear in mind the titans are not respawning, they're out once they go down. This is not the same scale as the original clash of titans event nor are the stakes that high. A wait of 10 minutes is also do balance the differences between the original and this, and may be changed as the event is under way.