Discovery Gaming Community
Voice channel on Disco? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Voice channel on Disco? (/showthread.php?tid=183497)

Pages: 1 2

Voice channel on Disco? - Hawkee - 09-21-2020

Hi there boys just wanted to give some suggestions if it is even posible to have voice interaction on disco it whould be cool and could bring game on another level, so what are you opinions of that?

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - Cælumaresh - 09-21-2020

Imagine hearing 20 year old men voicing a female battleship captain. Ill pass, thx

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - Kauket - 09-21-2020

if you ever played on garry's mod servers where voice was enabled for RP you'd know why this would be a mistake.

also because alberty will bass boost his mic by 900dB+ and scream until your ear drums burst

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - Dark.Star - 09-21-2020

this is absolutely no no

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - Typrop - 09-21-2020

(09-21-2020, 12:24 PM)Kauket Wrote: if you ever played on garry's mod servers where voice was enabled for RP you'd know why this would be a mistake.

also because alberty will bass boost his mic by 900dB+ and scream until your ear drums burst

that's a lie

it's 1k dB+

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - Corile - 09-21-2020

no

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - MasterL410 - 09-21-2020

Using discord for voice chat is good enough. Ingame would be difficult to control rule-wise, and most likely wouldn't lead to quality interactions.

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - Stewgar - 09-21-2020

(09-21-2020, 01:01 PM)MasterL410 Wrote: Using discord for voice chat is good enough. Ingame would be difficult to control rule-wise, and most likely wouldn't lead to quality interactions.

This, plus even in discord if you get more than 5-7 it most likely will turn into a cluster of people talking over people. Just look at text chat. I'll skip the disco voice chat.

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - Banned player t202085 - 09-21-2020

The only way I could see it working from a gameplay perspecitive is like the trade request button. Pirate meets trader, presses said button, trader accepts, pirate encounter happens over voice between those two. I think that would be great fun especially for people who enjoy pirate rp. It also gives people the opportunity to decline voice so no one is forced to deal with it and keeps the chats between 2 people rather than loud groups. Ultimately though this isnt an ideal feature for disco as implementing it would be a grey area (as in, possible just not done already) as well as it not being the right community for it, I feel even with the request option people will still get harrased with it and/or it will lead to harder policing of rules.

RE: Voice channel on Disco? - -Rax- - 09-21-2020

Quality memes coming this way, if that's ever to be done