Discovery Gaming Community
To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar (/showthread.php?tid=183631)

To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar - Thunderer - 09-28-2020

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Lâle
To: Kingdom of Iberia

[Image: MV5BOTM4MGJlZDgtNDJkYi00N2NmLWJiMmMtNmU5...07_AL_.jpg]

Selamün aleyküm, Your Royal Majesty, King Enrique of Iberia. A lord to a lord, I greet you and I wish the stars bestow fortune upon you.

I am Ali Yusuf, eldest son of Ali Yusuf, by hereditary right Emir of Akhisar. As you know, my country lays over a piece of desert that borders your country in the north. We are thankful to Yeşil-Vaha, the oasis that gives us life, happiness and prosperity. During the day, no less than two million of us thrive on its gifts, until the night tames the desert, and the desert lets us harvest its gifts from its deep caverns, which the precursors have left for us, may the stars be with them.

But as you must have heard, this peaceful life has been interrupted by the war that my younger brother Abdul has brought upon me, wishful of my throne. My people are good and loyal, but my brother has taken Yeşil-Vaha from me helped by those avaricious Greeks from the north, may their verdant country one day become a desert, and all I have is the endless wealth of the desert. I am rich - and yet I starve! Aman!

The reason why I am speaking to Your Majesty, is because Your Majesty is mighty and powerful, and my people, subjugated by my younger brother, may the stars forgive his youthful impulsiveness, need your help. I do not ask you to speak with the Greeks - they will deny this. They have been ravaging our Tuareg lands since our exile many centuries ago, not letting us live in peace even after we had stepped off of their blessed, fertile soil. Their vasileia will deny it, because their vasileia truly did not do this. But their vasileia knows this, yet they did nothing to stop it. A few rich and powerful lords from their country want to be richer by the wealth of our desert, so they took our water and our bread. My loyal men hold the desert, but in time we will starve, and then Akhisar, on your border, will belong to the Greeks.

If Your Majesty helps me retake my rightful throne, then I will join Akhisar to your country: its lands, its people, its riches. We have a small star navy too - though my brother keeps them on his side because all their families are in my brother's hold - and it consists of a cruiser, a gunboat and some snubcraft, but although small, I will join all of it to your forces if Your Highness helps me retake my throne. While I live, I will rule my country as a paşa, appointed by Your Majesty, but after I am reunited with the stars, then my country will become yours, for the stars wished I only produce a daughter, and never be blessed with a child again.

Inşallah...

Open for Replies

RE: To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar - Gardarik - 09-28-2020

[Image: mjFIeX1.gif]
Incoming Message

[Image: fhdTA8m.png]

Sender: El Rey de Montañaria, Enrique Herrera

Recipient: Emir Ali Yusuf of Akhisar Emirate

Subject: Succession in the Emirate

Wa alaykumu s-salām, Emir Ali Yusuf. As a lord to a lord, I greet you and wish that peace be upon thee as well.

Please forgive me if I appear as oblivious to the recent developments if your realm, I was away with my fleet and my scouts appear to be less competent than expected. The issue presented by Your Highness is, forgive if I say it, quite typical for Crete. You take what you can, si o no? But Your Highness is being perceptive to turn your gaze to the south looking for help. The Greeks in the north are arrogant and xenophobic to help you. Bien, even worse for them. For us in Circulo de Oro the security of the northern borders with the desert is very important, especially for safe trade of artefacts from the ruins that are most probably ubiquitous to your realm. And for this reason I will treat the succession problem in the Emirate of Akhisar with utmost attention.

Certainly, Your Highness knows how to bargain: the prospects of a vassal to the north is something the Kingdom would benefit greatly and secure our own source of artefacts. I suppose you might have heard of my ambitions to finally unite Crete under one ruler, the Emperor, the position of whom I humbly envision for myself, and abolish the old tradition of the Councils that do not befit the Empire. Achieving it will be hard, but keeping the power subsequently and managing the Empire successfully will be the real challenge. I tell you what, Emir Ali Yusuf of Akhisar Emirate: support me after the rightful restoration of power in your demesne, and you as a loyal vassal will be rewarded with the whole of desert, turning the Emirate of Akhisar from being an oasis-based local realm to a Sultanate spanning over the whole desert. It appears, Your Highness knows how the things work in the desert, so it is only logical to appoint you as the ruler of those lands with inheritable rights.

Still, let us not put the cart before the horse - we have a succession to restore and a war to win. I agree to the request of Your Highness and will mobilise the troops to the northern borders. If you have any people still loyal to you - gather them near the Dos Piedras gulch on the border with my Kingdom. My troops can use some scouts to ensure our actions are swift. I suggest not using aviation - it will give us away. Also, since it is your brother we are talking about and your future subjects, Your Highness can call shots on how to treat them. If I were you, I would simply kill those openly in opposition to give the rest a message and crucify some of them in some public spaces for the message to be loud and clear. But, it is up to you. Ruling over a graveyard is not that beneficial after all.

I am looking forward to your reply,

Le saluda atentamente,
King Enrique

End of Message

RE: To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar - Thunderer - 09-28-2020

Maşallah! If such troubles never happened to me and my people, then we would never know what a friend we have as our neighbour!

My men are only a bit over 1,000, but they are hardy fighters - if they are not thirsty or hungry. Drop off food and water for 1,500 men into the eastern end of Wadi-Gihon, and my men will do as you said. Weapons and ammunition we have. I will lead the main army personally and my daughter Fatima will lead the reserves. One should only keep those who one trust the most, behind one's back.

If my brother's starships oppose you, then board them, do not destroy them. Remember that I promised you their loyalty after this is over! Their crews only fight for my brother because their families are in his hands. Their will is already wavering, and if you only say their families are free, some will not fight. As soon as my people see that we are coming, they will rise up. We must not disappoint them.

With the Greeks you can do as you like, but hand them all over to me after victory, if the stars allow it. If they fight with honour, I will release them. But if they show cowardice and that shameless deceit which Greeks so often do, then the stakes await them! You Iberians, you may like to crucify, but materials are scarce in the desert and stakes require less.

Those of my people who opposed me, I will pardon if they say who they are. But if they hide and they are discovered, then it will be their dishonour to be impaled next to a Greek!

My brother Abdul, him you must not harm. He must be captured alive and unhurt, so that we may reconcile, inşallah...

Open for Replies

RE: To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar - Gardarik - 09-28-2020

Incoming Message

Subject: Operation "Cimitarra del desierto"

Estimado Emir Ali Yusuf,

Your wishes will be considered during our small intervention. We are thus starting to prepare the operation "Scimitar of the desert" or "Cimitarra del desierto" in Iberian. Right now I am giving orders to mobilise an army of 100.000 men strong. Larger army is unnecessary - the desert is unforgiving with supplies. This army will move to Dos Piedras. Your brother most certainly will notice the move of such numerous force and will likely send some men to do the recon and deter our advancement. This is exactly what we want him to do.

In the meantime, one of my trusted centurions, Adrian Seth, will join up with Your Highness in Wadi-Gihon with a strike force of 500 elite troopers. Aided by your scouts, they will infiltrate the oasis and take your brother hostage. For this to work, of course, your brother needs to be present in the vicinity of the oasis, not leading his armies personally. From what I understood, however, he is not the type and does not have guts to do things straightforwardly, even stealing the throne from Your Highness. Besides, facing our army might be quite opportunistic and dangerous for a recent usurper.

However, if he does show up with his army, then Your Highness with your trusted men and Senor Seth will de facto seize the control of the oasis and, being the legitimate ruler, can denounce your brother. Perhaps, some hombres will lay down arms. The rest shall be encircled and given and ultimatum to surrender and swear fealty to Your Highness (or dealt with in the way you prefer). To support this option, I would ask you so send some of your scouts, maybe a few dozens, from Wadi-Gihon to Dos Piedras to assist the movement of the army. This is to be done discretely lest your brother learns of our true intention.

I in the meantime will be in the orbit rendering recon support and standing ready in case your brother raises the fleet. If suggested course of action is acceptable, let me know por favor. Soon your throne will be rightfully yours again.

Le saluda atentamente,
King Enrique

End of Message

RE: To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar - Thunderer - 09-28-2020

100,000!? Maşallah, aferim! I thank you greatly for this great help, Your Majesty, but I beg you, give them enough supplies! If 100,000 men feed on the City's stock, then they will raze it like locusts!

I must admit to you, Your Majesty, I expected only up to half of this. But if you are sending 100,000, then we might not have to spill any blood at all and all will be over in a day! My brother's army is a small, professional force. He cannot afford to arm the peasants, because they could use those arms to side with me. He should only have up to 12,000 men with him, maybe 15 if he armed the loyalists. The Greeks should have about as many, unless he allowed more to come. But all of them fight for money or out of fear from my brother. If they are presented with an impenetrable wall of 100,000 armed men, without the ability to bombard it from space, then they will surrender, leave or turn against him. As long as you make sure that everybody knows that your men are fighting for my cause, and not for conquest or loot, you will have as few problems as there are scorpions in a pond!

I only hope that, if they turn against my brother, they will only capture him and not kill him, inşallah...

Open for Replies

RE: To: His Majesty King Enrique of Iberia; From: Emir Küçük Ali Yusuf Alioğlu, Akhisar - Gardarik - 09-30-2020

Incoming Message

Subject: Operation "Cimitarra del desierto"

Estimado Emir Ali Yusuf,

The plan is almost ready to commence. My retinues are mobilised and are en route to Dos Pietras. Surely, your brother will notice these re-locations and will have to make a move. You will be met in Wali-Gihon by my entrusted warband leader, Centurion Adrian Seth with 500 warriors under his command. Combined with your terrain knowledge, he will lead the infiltration operation to regain the control over Akhisar. With luck, it will be over in no time with not many of your subjects dead. The provision required by Your Highness will be delivered by the centurion through the mountains. From there, I suppose you all know what to do.

You can expect our air superiority if your treacherous brother decides to raise the birds after all. Still, that is unlikely. You should also be prepared if your brother manages to escape. While I trust Centurion Seth's skills, your brother might simply foresee what is to come. In that case having reclaimed the throne you will be able to hunt him down like a dog, especially with our backing.

The show is about to get started, and you certainly have the best seats. Please, enjoy it!

Le saluda atentamente,
King Enrique

End of Message