Discovery Gaming Community
Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? (/showthread.php?tid=183693)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Groshyr - 09-30-2020

Wish I could to say it's OP and should be nerfed but no. This is still one of the most poorly balanced battlecruisers in the game and I am not the only person that agrees with this. It has its advantages but they are overshadowed by an avalanche of disadvantages. I tried to bring my opinion regarding the balance via Discord chats but seems like this problem should be brought up by the community itself.

So what's wrong? Size & classification. Obstinate used to be a heavy cruiser of the Gallic Royal Navy and Council, but several years ago Triumph/Penace appeared and so Obstinate became a battlecruiser. Its model was not changed, but a bit rescaled, as far as I know. What is so problematic in it then?

Let's take a look at the rest of the light battlecruisers: Hasta, Bullhead, Geb. Perhaps I missed some other LBCR. All of the said ships have a pretty similar shape - they're narrow. While Obstinate is far from being narrow. It also has a really fat ass which is hard to miss.

As pointed above - its size and shape don't look like the ones of a light BCR but rather those of a medium BCR.

Perhaps its time to take a look at this battlecruiser and rebalance it?

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Czechmate - 09-30-2020

Who's going to do it thought :/
Look at geb

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - darkwind - 09-30-2020

if we will compare this supposedly 'light' bcr with outcast light bcr

You can see it matching dimensions looking above

but looking from side, its height at least 1.5x bigger than outcast battle cruiser

What is it important, you can say?
The answer is... battlecruiser should be flat in at least one dimension (comparing to other bcrs) to evade properly.

You can see order bcr which tall as gallic one

but it is quite flat in another dimension

So if player rolls his Outcast or Order ship right, he can evade shots properly.

Or if he just tries to fly away without any advanced maneuvrs:
Order bcr can just shift slightly to left and right, to be escaping shots
And Outcast just need shift slightly higher and down to do the same.

But gallic bcr can't do anything. It is fat in height and width at the same time. So it is at least twice worse to evade shots. And if you know that bcr survival is depended on escaping battleship shots, you will understand the problem.

Gallic bcr is not having any dimension it can use for evasive maneuvrs properly.
and at the same time it has no firepower to compensate it, just 2 heavy slots.

Conclusion: Weakest in firepower, worst in evasiveness fatest bcr you can ever find. No pros, only cons for gallic bcr. 0/10.

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Dark.Star - 09-30-2020

As a player who flew the Obstinate/Adamant (Same shet tbh), I can confirm this thing is obnoxiously large for it's capable firepower.

The way I see it? There's two solutions to this.

Squish obstinate to resemble something like hasta, still should be bigger in at least 0.5x size, as then it would look retarded OR downscale it overall.

2nd solution would be to give it the firepower of a medium battlecruiser, personally I'd go with this. (Just my opinion as a player who enjoys going for eachother's necks, literally)

Obstinate as it is is way too big for a 2-heavy wielding battlecruiser. While as far as I know all battlecruisers have the same powercore and turn rate, their armor differs and their armament as well. The HP is ok for a light battlecruiser, but it needs light battlecruiser shapes as well. Or if its easier work for devs, rather than downscale it, as I said, you can also add a third heavy slot and maybe buff the health, to resemble a medium battlecruiser.

Imo any other BC or average flown BS will eat it alive with ease in it's current state.

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Chiper-No - 09-30-2020

Removing that beam at the bottom of the gallian ship should be doing the trick. Perhaps shortening the wings a bit too, so that they are not tilting lower than the bottom line of the ship. That should be giving the shippie some neat space under it.

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Jeuge - 09-30-2020

Well well

Yes the GBC should be a MedBC
End of the Thund BBC era
Hehehe

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Jeter.Leo - 09-30-2020

I do agree with you,despite I've never flew this ship.But I've fought with it.
Yes,It looks like a joke in terms of firepower and its armor.
Anyway,Gallic BC should be reinforced.
Let's make a vote?(If this works)

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Thunderer - 09-30-2020

It's not the Gallic BC that's big, it's the Hasta and the Bullhead that are small. Better compare it to a Geb. I personally like the Obstinate a lot and it used to be my favourite BC for fleet fights until the Hasta showed up.

Could use an armour increase, but it's still notably smaller than medium BCs.

The Hasta and the Bullhead were scheduled for nerfs, but they have been waiting in a queue behind more important dev work.

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - darkwind - 09-30-2020

(09-30-2020, 05:43 PM)Thunderer Wrote: It's not the Gallic BC that's big, it's the Hasta and the Bullhead that are small. Better compare it to a Geb. I personally like the Obstinate a lot and it used to be my favourite BC for fleet fights until the Hasta showed up.

Could use an armour increase, but it's still notably smaller than medium BCs.

The Hasta and the Bullhead were scheduled for nerfs, but they have been waiting in a queue behind more important dev work.

*Blinked*
If you was reading my post above
I compared Gallic BC to Hasta and Order bcr(Geb) already
Hasta and Geb have the same quality in equal measure making them equaly good.
While gallic bcr has unique qualities that I certainly mentioned which make it the only one worst bcr among all bcrs.
I would repeat that it is Gallic BCR which needs fix. It is straight ridiculous in saying that Gallic BCR is standard, that requires no fix and to which all other bcrs should be made (Do not make all bcrs as bad as gallic bcr)

RE: Gallic Battlecruiser: Why it is so poor balanced? - Thunderer - 09-30-2020

Your pictures were taken from different distances, so here's some extracted directly from Disco's files: https://imgur.com/a/gMnz1Lv

It is literally the 3rd smallest BC (after the Hasta (not in picture) and the Bullhead), though I admit the usage manual doesn't say one should not turn the top/bottom towards the enemy.

Looking at this again, though, I think the Argus and the Geb might use a buff...