Discovery Gaming Community
It's been almost 10 years? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: It's been almost 10 years? (/showthread.php?tid=183704)

It's been almost 10 years? - minuit - 10-01-2020

Not long ago I heard a song on the radio that I always had playing in the background in my "get home, immediately try to get a spot on Discovery 24/7" days. That made me really think about what this community meant to me all those years ago. It seems like it was a whole lifetime ago, but in the scheme of things it wasn't THAT long ago I guess. I tracked down a copy of FL and flew around for a bit. It seems to work just fine on my PC, which kinda surprised me. Say what you will about the graphics, but it's just like I remember it. Playing a game for a few hours a day every day for a couple of years will do that to you, I guess.

Turns out I still remember my forum credentials. Guess I wasn't very good at the whole "don't reuse passwords" thing back then. Looking back through the old posts from the 4.85 days felt just like walking through a house I grew up in. With all of the crazy things going on in the world these days, it's nice to look back on the way things were.

So, what's Disco like these days? I was around pretty much every day for most of 2010 and part of 2011. I left for good just before 4.86 came out if memory serves. Are any of the 4.85-era =LSF=, IAB), or Connecticut pew-pew people still around?

What's the best way to get back into Discovery for an old vet? There's no way I could be as devoted to this community as I was, but I think I could make a little time for this game again.

RE: It's been almost 10 years? - Megaera - 10-01-2020

Welcome back Smile

Be sure to apply for the veteran package (green link in the top bar). I will help you get back into the game

RE: It's been almost 10 years? - WizardLizard - 10-01-2020

(10-01-2020, 01:49 PM)minuit Wrote: Not long ago I heard a song on the radio that I always had playing in the background in my "get home, immediately try to get a spot on Discovery 24/7" days. That made me really think about what this community meant to me all those years ago. It seems like it was a whole lifetime ago, but in the scheme of things it wasn't THAT long ago I guess. I tracked down a copy of FL and flew around for a bit. It seems to work just fine on my PC, which kinda surprised me. Say what you will about the graphics, but it's just like I remember it. Playing a game for a few hours a day every day for a couple of years will do that to you, I guess.

Turns out I still remember my forum credentials. Guess I wasn't very good at the whole "don't reuse passwords" thing back then. Looking back through the old posts from the 4.85 days felt just like walking through a house I grew up in. With all of the crazy things going on in the world these days, it's nice to look back on the way things were.

So, what's Disco like these days? I was around pretty much every day for most of 2010 and part of 2011. I left for good just before 4.86 came out if memory serves. Are any of the 4.85-era =LSF=, IAB), or Connecticut pew-pew people still around?

What's the best way to get back into Discovery for an old vet? There's no way I could be as devoted to this community as I was, but I think I could make a little time for this game again.

(10-01-2020, 02:06 PM)Megaera Wrote: Welcome back Smile

Be sure to apply for the veteran package (green link in the top bar). I will help you get back into the game

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=151935 heres the link. WB!!!!!!

RE: It's been almost 10 years? - Liberty Navy 46th Fleet - 10-01-2020

10 yrs is long time

Enjoy you’re return

RE: It's been almost 10 years? - darkwind - 10-01-2020

Hi there,
if you was =LSF= in 2010-2011
You probably know Rayne, which was probably =LSF= director during those times or earlier or later.
I don't know for sure, I was not at that time around. Here the link to her discord server

Connecticut is still alive.

Disco goes through different changes. Long time to recount.

For something, to begin with, I would recommend reading some advices, which I wrote in mining server's channel for beginners. Just ask bot in #bot-fun with commands 'dw ships', 'dw routes'. I highly recommend trying to get Kamome as your first ship and doing some Helium-Helium3 runs, I think it can be available to you as a choice in the veteran package. You can easily make a very high profits with this ship and route.

Feel free to ask other questions in discord, I can be found as Darkwind#7896. Actually joining official server is a good thing to do too. Most of the questions can be asked in "helping and support" channel to get quick responses.

RE: It's been almost 10 years? - Avalanche - 10-01-2020

Welcome back! Good to see IAB players back. I do remember you.